Tyler Johnson SR highlights

Advertisement
Why would he need more power 5 offers when he got the offer he wanted which was UM?.
Kevin Hart Ok GIF by NBA

It's much more than the LBs. We tell our DL to get penetration at all costs. We don't teach them to even stiff arm or bump a OL along the way, so those kids have a straight-line path to blocking or walling off our linebackers. It's most apparent when the OL zone blocks in one direction. Their guards and tackles will know our DTs are shooting and DEs are pinching, and they can blind-side block our LBs who weigh 50-100 pounds less than them. Our scheme is cruel on LBs.

Having more instinctual, athletic LBs will make a difference. But until we adjust our scheme and go more multiple, with more line discipline, we're going to continue to get gashed.

It's much more than the LBs. We tell our DL to get penetration at all costs. We don't teach them to even stiff arm or bump a OL along the way, so those kids have a straight-line path to blocking or walling off our linebackers. It's most apparent when the OL zone blocks in one direction. Their guards and tackles will know our DTs are shooting and DEs are pinching, and they can blind-side block our LBs who weigh 50-100 pounds less than them. Our scheme is cruel on LBs.

Having more instinctual, athletic LBs will make a difference. But until we adjust our scheme and go more multiple, with more line discipline, we're going to continue to get gashed.
Bro i would be scared as a lb in this scheme. At any given tim,e its 2 FREE olineman coming at their ***. **** of a scheme for a DL that wanna rack up some stats

Advertisement
one of the best ever.

Farrel: How heavy are they recruiting you?
Wilder: ummmmm...Very Great!

I knew we were in for some classic sh*t when it started off like that lol

Farrel: Lets talk about schools you wanted to visit...you mentioned 3 schools that you want to visit,tell me what those 3 schools are?
Wilder:
umm Florida,umm Florida State, Auburn, Alabama again, Lsu, Tennesee, Broward College, Lynn University, Devry and ummm...Louisville

im going to watch it again for a good laugh.

not remembering the coaches name at Bama was great. Farell trying to hold in his laughter makes the video.

Bro i would be scared as a lb in this scheme. At any given tim,e its 2 FREE olineman coming at their ***. **** of a scheme for a DL that wanna rack up some stats
100000%

As much as people say we can't recruit LBs...I don't even know if it's possible to do so with the scheme MD runs. There has to be a way to run something that balances aggression with effectiveness for NTs/DTs.

Advertisement
When was the last time we had a LB with strength to punish blockers?

100000%

As much as people say we can't recruit LBs...I don't even know if it's possible to do so with the scheme MD runs. There has to be a way to run something that balances aggression with effectiveness for NTs/DTs.
Plenty of NFL teams run aggressive penetrating fronts without abandoning gap integrity and exposing their LBs to climbing OL. Bucs, Steelers, Bears, Rams are good examples. You need at least a couple big physical DL who demand sustained combo blocks. Guys like Cam Heyward, Vita Vea, Brockers, Akiem Hicks, etc.

You can have good frontside run defenders or good backside run defenders, and in rare cases if you recruit elite dudes you get both, like Phillips for much of the year. Besides him Miami is typically all backside guys and there's no balance. Toss in some LBs who misdiagnose and take poor angles and you get the perfect setup to get exposed by split flow gap-scheme offenses.

Advertisement
we had a pretty great run defense when we had guys like chad thomas, trent harris, RJ mcintosh, kendrick norton, shaq etc in the front 7. i think it's a player problem & not a scheme problem -- either way it falls on manny but i don't buy the idea that the scheme is inherently broken or bad. he's had too much defensive success here for that to be the case imo

Advertisement
we had a pretty great run defense when we had guys like chad thomas, trent harris, RJ mcintosh, kendrick norton, shaq etc in the front 7. i think it's a player problem & not a scheme problem -- either way it falls on manny but i don't buy the idea that the scheme is inherently broken or bad. he's had too much defensive success here for that to be the case imo
It's both. Cleaning out the defensive staff was obviously a start. But yes you also need to get some LBs that are actually able to diagnose a play.

We need more ATHLETES on defense. More twitch!

Brooks, Huff and Cave are supposed to be those kids. Are you saying Johnson doesn't have enough twitch? He looks pretty twitchy to me in those highlights.

I personally think he's Miami material. Not sure I see elite play, but he has some potential. But where Troutman plays MLB and has some good film dropping back in coverage and diagnosing plays, Johnson is an edge rusher. He's going to take a while to learn the position.

Brooks, Huff and Cave are supposed to be those kids. Are you saying Johnson doesn't have enough twitch? He looks pretty twitchy to me in those highlights.

I personally think he's Miami material. Not sure I see elite play, but he has some potential. But where Troutman plays MLB and has some good film dropping back in coverage and diagnosing plays, Johnson is an edge rusher. He's going to take a while to learn the position.
I'm saying Johnson has that twitch. And we need more of those types.

Advertisement
Back