Tyler Harrell commits to Miami

Advertisement
Advertisement
So Brashard Smith out at slot? I can see Redding and ladson being passed by - but otherwise you basically had it where i did.
Brashard about to wake everyone up in this offense. Mario/Dawson will not play favorites.

Restrepo/Brashard/Joseph (maybe Washington too) are exactly what a Miami slot WR room should look. Let the competition begin.

Good take. But I don't think this stops us from adding one of the juco guys or whoever else. At the end of the day Harrell has like 600 yards receiving in his career, and played 6 games last year for Bama who didn't have any good WRs and he only got 2 catches... So not sure how much of that he was injured, but to me this doesn't change much. He's got the upside to be our main deep threat though.
Doesn't help that his QB was a noodle armed choir boy.

**** Rexy would have got the ball to him downfield.

Advertisement
TVD

It's not an excuse when your offensive line nearly ends your career. We had a football team with a bad culture, bad scheme fit, and riddled with offensive line injuries. We literally had 3rd string offensive linemen starting.

Everything about last season was not solely on TVD's shoulders, so stop blaming him as having excuses. If you don't have time to throw the ball, you're going to have more incompletions and interceptions. Those are facts not excuses.
Yes, it's multifactorial; scheme, personnel, professionalism (TVD/team). Mario can fix the first two but the last is on student-athletes.

Whenever you read '...has no excuses now.', it's typically unfounded and often represents a more casual understanding of the subject-matter. I've never heard TVD make an excuse for his play and understanding the above it's just a bad take.

People just be posting sometimes...

I agree with what you're saying. However there salso plenty of validity in what he's saying. You guys put everything on EVERYONE but tvd last season. When the line was healthy(relatively speaking)& playing as a strength tvd still was playing very poorly. All those things you said are accurate. It WASN'T ALL TVD FAULT. However SOME OF IT WAS... He didn't believe in what we were doing(as he shouldn't have)& HE never gave it a chance. It was doomed from day #1 because if your starting QB doesn't buy in and shows that's how he feels to his entire unit well then how's the rest of the team gonna approach it. Plenty of things last season people need to realize there's plenty of blame to go around and part of that is his. Simple.
I've said from day 1 something looks off about TVD. Idk what it is. I can't pinpoint it but theres something to my eye that just looks off. He should send Charleston Rambo a Christmas card every year til forever for making him look like he did 2 years ago. I think TVD is solid but certainly overrated by this board. Hope our new OC can simplify things for him again.

Advertisement
Wasn't just TVD not buying in ... Ponce, the QB coach wasn't buying in to what Gattis was trying to do. Gattis was WAY over his head and it was obvious to every coach and player. The guy DID NOT run the offense at Michigan. They promoted two other assistants ... one for game planning ... and Harbaugh had input on the actual play calling. So you have a guy with an OC title that is inept at game planning, can't scheme to his roster skill sets, and is horrible at play calling on game day. There was a total meltdown (aka cluster ****) on the offensive side of the ball. Gattis DIDNT KNOW WHAT HE WAS DOING and it impacted every single facet of the offense. UM would have been more productive without an OC last year, simply keeping the Lashlee play book and letting TVD call the plays with game planning assistance from Ponce.
Makes you wonder how Mario F'ed up so bad hiring Gattis. We all know Gattis wasn't Mario's 1st choice but still. Talk about horrendous due diligence and interviewing. Hope that became one of those look yourself in the mirror moments for Mario. Assume it was since recent OC/DC hires (on paper) are massively better..

#1 ur talking hand times not laser(atleast that's what I believe)when it relates to Harrell. Ross was laser. Yes froggy would give him the business. To put it in context, we've had numerous guys run in the 4.2s hand timed here throughout the years. Now a 4.2 laser ur moving. I don't know what froggy ran timewise & I just kid about all this with froggy. This kid is LEGIT a burner. BUT with my own eyes when froggy had been retired,was done with football,wasn't even serious about working out, He gave some of our fastest dudes here EVER the business...... Back to back to back.
We got to bring Chad Wilson in this discussion. He was a 4.4 guy and ran with a lot of these guys and has spent a lot of time putting together a fastest 40 lists, right ups and videos. Hand times vs laser start and laser finish and starter gun to laser finish. Lot of fast Miami players back when Miami kept them from going to other schools in the last decade. Some times where Wilson said he saw these players run these times. Al Froggy Shipman, Phillip Dorsett, and Sam Shields had run 4.25s at UM with Dorsett 4.33 at the Combine. Devin Hester 4.41 NFL combine but 4.26 at UM and 10.42 100 meter. DVD ran a 4.28 at the NFL combine. Tremain Mack and Kevin Williams 4.28. A lot of 4.3 guys in the past.

Im hoping with competition Johnson gets 10.2s atleast. Like you said he hasnt really been challenged, same as last year where he put himself on map at states improving on his time significantly compared to regions/district. If going by history he should have a decent jump and really put up some great times. I been waiting all year for this.. Either way, glad to have that type of speeeeeeeeed at miami as we have been a slow af team for yearsss and many have underplayed the significance for awhile. I been tryna sound the alarm as we dont scare anybody, even cupcakes for a long time now..
Exactly, I hope Johnson runs in the 10.2s as well. If he has the same drop from district and regional last year he will be in the 10.2 zone. He broke his best 200 meter last week and that time 20.66 is really impressive.

My point was we finally have some old school Miami speed that we have been lacking for a very long time. We used to have that speed all over the field. Even the linebackers could cover the WRs. Mark Pope and Lamar Miller were the last two guys that ran in the 10.5s. Chaney has been the fastest since at a 10.77. 9 former UM players had run 10.5s and and 9 have run 10.4s that I have found.

No excuse when there are plenty of fast football players from south Florida that Miami does not get what they use to.

If this kid is healthy and has a breakout year for the Canes, then I have to imagine he's one and done regardless of whether or not he can qualify for a medical redshirt. Any kid with decent hands on their film who can run in the mid 4.3's at the combine is getting drafted.

Advertisement
We got to bring Chad Wilson in this discussion. He was a 4.4 guy and ran with a lot of these guys and has spent a lot of time putting together a fastest 40 lists, right ups and videos. Hand times vs laser start and laser finish and starter gun to laser finish. Lot of fast Miami players back when Miami kept them from going to other schools in the last decade. Some times where Wilson said he saw these players run these times. Al Froggy Shipman, Phillip Dorsett, and Sam Shields had run 4.25s at UM with Dorsett 4.33 at the Combine. Devin Hester 4.41 NFL combine but 4.26 at UM and 10.42 100 meter. DVD ran a 4.28 at the NFL combine. Tremain Mack and Kevin Williams 4.28. A lot of 4.3 guys in the past.

Exactly, I hope Johnson runs in the 10.2s as well. If he has the same drop from district and regional last year he will be in the 10.2 zone. He broke his best 200 meter last week and that time 20.66 is really impressive.

My point was we finally have some old school Miami speed that we have been lacking for a very long time. We used to have that speed all over the field. Even the linebackers could cover the WRs. Mark Pope and Lamar Miller were the last two guys that ran in the 10.5s. Chaney has been the fastest since at a 10.77. 9 former UM players had run 10.5s and and 9 have run 10.4s that I have found.

No excuse when there are plenty of fast football players from south Florida that Miami does not get what they use to.

Chad Wilson can burn in ****...

Harrell and Kirk

giphy (3).gif
giphy (4).gif
giphy (5).gif
Jayden-James-Wiggling-in-****-Lingerie.gif
1468.gif
dancing-friends.gif

Advertisement
Back