Tyler Harrell commits to Miami

View as article
247 had him as the #7 WR and a 4-star with a 91 portal rating when he transferred from L'ville to Bama. Watch how they do us dirty on him lol.
I mean he proceeded to get 2 catches last season and played 6 games. I don't think it's all that crazy for him to be decently lower ranked than he was last offseason. At the end of the day he's a RS SR with 22 career catches and 577 yards. I think he objectively deserves a lower rating. Doesn't mean he can't be good/great for us or anything.

Advertisement
I mean he proceeded to get 2 catches last season and played 6 games. I don't think it's all that crazy for him to be decently lower ranked than he was last offseason. At the end of the day he's a RS SR with 22 career catches and 577 yards. I think he objectively deserves a lower rating. Doesn't mean he can't be good/great for us or anything.
It’s understandable that he would be ranked lower for the reasons you said but schools like Bama and UGA definitely get the Bump benefits which comes with their success. i get it. They can have who they want mostly so that makes the players who they prioritize highest, viewed as the best players.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Oh Yeah Reaction GIF by NBA

Advertisement
Reminds me of Jalin Hyatt

Love the pickup
That is exactly what I was thinking. I would love to see Harrell do to ATM, FSU and UNC what Hyatt did to Bama last year. Absolutely love this pickup.

Kid is a better WR than what he is generally given credit for. Some conveniently forget that he was hurt while at Alabama while others think that all Harrell can do is run 9 routes all game. The kid is no Reggie Wayne but he's not as purely one dimensional as some would believe.

Advertisement
Good take. But I don't think this stops us from adding one of the juco guys or whoever else. At the end of the day Harrell has like 600 yards receiving in his career, and played 6 games last year for Bama who didn't have any good WRs and he only got 2 catches... So not sure how much of that he was injured, but to me this doesn't change much. He's got the upside to be our main deep threat though.
I don't care if he has zero catches. If healthy, what he brings is the ability to take the top off the defense which is what's been missing. He just made every receivers job that much easier.

That is exactly what I was thinking. I would love to see Harrell do to ATM, FSU and UNC what Hyatt did to Bama last year. Absolutely love this pickup.

Kid is a better WR than what he is generally given credit for. Some conveniently forget that he was hurt while at Alabama while others think that all Harrell can do is run 9 routes all game. The kid is no Reggie Wayne but he's not as purely one dimensional as some would believe.

Hey, even if he does run 9s all game, at least it opens up a dynamic we haven’t had. Throw the Cot**** ball into space. Make defensive coverage units actually tense up and wonder how they’ll be attacked. This isn’t as complicated as we made it last season.

Advertisement
Back