Tyler Harrell commits to Miami

View as article
Advertisement
I agree that Henderson is the more complete because even though stretching the field isn't his thing, he is capable of it. I wouldn't call Harrell a one trick pony either though. Obviously speed is his main component. But speed in space.... Now that's what we need. We now have four kids with the ability to spread the field.
When i say “ one trick pony “ I mean this isn’t some multitalented guy that’s a route technician , winning jump balls or much of a possession guy. His skill is speed. Stretch the field and specialize in a few routes. When he steps on the field just the threat of him helps with coverages we’ll face and with defenders eyes. What’s the one thing this O needed? Speed. Don’t expect a Rambo type year with a bunch of receptions or big production, that hasn’t been him. This is a low floor / good ceiling addition , we bought a stock very low that could run up some. Worse case he does nothing and moves on in a year.

Animation Flirting GIF by Mashed

When i say “ one trick pony “ I mean this isn’t some multitalented guy that’s a route technician , winning jump balls or much of a possession guy. His skill is speed. Stretch the field and specialize in a few routes. When he steps on the field just the threat of him helps with coverages we’ll face and with defenders eyes. What’s the one thing this O needed? Speed. Don’t expect a Rambo type year with a bunch of receptions or big production, that hasn’t been him. This is a low floor / good ceiling addition , we bought a stock very low that could run up some. Worse case he does nothing and moves on in a year.
Right, he will take safety(s) out of plays and allow space not only for someone like Ray Ray but also allow our TEs to attack the seams. His speed will clear out a ton of space even if he isn’t getting the ball.

Advertisement
Give me a poor man’s Jalin hyatt or dorsett

Do you think Kevin can help him with route running and I’m really more concerned about his hands does he drop a lot of passes

Advertisement
I’d legit just have this kid run 9s, post, and corners all day long.

Force the defense to put a safety over the top on him. Either they bust or someone will have a favorable matchup on the other side/middle.
That and our WRs not running route combos that end up in the same area will do wonders for our offense.

Right, he will take safety(s) out of plays and allow space not only for someone like Ray Ray but also allow our TEs to attack the seams. His speed will clear out a ton of space even if he isn’t getting the ball.
Not just the te’s , people are sleeping on X. He’s a route technician that’ll eat in the slot , he’s a problem for a nickel cb. Defenses can’t focus on him now with this addition and Colby coming on last year . CY has to be respected because he can go get jump balls and he has an enormous advantage on most cb’s with his size. I’d also use him in the slot some with Harrell outside.

Advertisement
Do you think Kevin can help him with route running and I’m really more concerned about his hands does he drop a lot of passes
All this cat needs to work on is 9, 8, 6 & maybe 3..just tell this cat to gooo

Advertisement
Who’s the better WR in your opinion, Harrell or Henderson? Strictly on field attributes?
Harrell by a country mile.

When healthy, has better ability to cut & transition in/out of breaks at the top of his routes.

Xzavy has questionable hands & despite being fast himself, he struggles creating separation because he has uncoordinated feet & is easier for CB’s to slow down due to his deliberate route running, meaning he telegraphs his routes.

A kid his size with his measurables having just 10 yards per catch is putrid, even if you try to qualify it by saying he wasn’t used right that’s still a poor showing on his ability. Even the much maligned Keyshawn Smith was 12.3ypc in 21 & 15.3 last year, **** even Colbie Young was almost 12 yards per catch & that’s with him being used a chain mover Flanker with Jake Garcia’s Paper-plane arm & a TF Jacurri throwing to him.

He’s not bouncing back from injury or anything, he’s just an average *** WR.

Advertisement
Back