Ty Stevenson Blog excerpt:

Love the fact that he also mentioned that we are a well conditioned team. Goes to show that our conditioning stands out compared to UGA.. That will be HUGE is many games this year. What did Jimmy Johnson say, "Fatigue makes cowards of us all". We will beat some teams on our schedule strictly based on the fact that when the 4th quarter comes we will still have a full tank of gas while most teams will be on E.
I'm pretty sure that was Vince Lombardi's saying but yeah point taken

Advertisement
Except for Richard first year, players and observers raved about the team speed being “back”. No more talk. Show and prove

Advertisement
King going to put up record numbers in year 2 of the offense and get himself drafted as a QB early.

If the NFL already has Lamar Jackson and Kyler Murray. We can add Deriq King

Speed v size. Its like we are back in the 80’s and UM will have to show the college football world again that speed kills.
It's always a feast or famine matchup.

Miami's domination of traditional powers a good example on the speed side, Nebraska's shellacking of Florida in 96' Fiesta Bowl showed size crushed speed.

Obviously numerous other pro/con examples.

I remain in belief Saban has it figured out for this era... ball control offense disguised as spread.

Advertisement
I dont know about the drafted part...But Im with you that he is going to have a record year this year and possibly be in NY come December for the Heisman ceremony.

I just was reading that article. I know it’s about the league but figured man what if Lashlee/King year 2 can be the same.

Our lines have to hold up to have any chance. We can’t look like we did against Clemson. We didn’t belong on the same field in terms of the trenches
Good news is that the middle of our offensive line is totally revamped. Enter Rivers and Donaldson and take out Clark and Scaife and we shouldnt have DT/ILBs just bullrushing the middle of the pocket and collapsing it before King can even get set. Clemson killed us with that.

Advertisement

I just was reading that article. I know it’s about the league but figured man what if Lashlee/King year 2 can be the same.
Hey who am I to bet against the kid right? Im definitely rooting for him so ill take back what I said.

They whole article was him on canesport(rivals website). I’m not gonna copy and paste it. But it was a great read. Cool to learn a lot about him. I think the avg fan here should read it and realize why some guys leave south Florida to go elsewhere. I get we want these recruits down here, but sometimes it’s bigger then football. Sometimes the player and family want to leave home to mature and all that, which you have to respect. I get the bag talk, but sometimes leaving home is ideal for these kids.
Also will mention, the reasons he left Georgia were 1000% on par with what @Cribby had mentioned several times. Respect for that intell.
I definitely am excited to see this team too. We have the pieces, year two and a much older team. The speed! And the non football stuff has been so encouraging based on that article and other stuff around. How a team bonds can really really impact a team beyond the x and o’s. We got a fun season ahead

Advertisement
DOES MIAMI’S ROSTER TALENT MATCH UP WITH GEORGIA’S?

When I first got here, I didn’t think so. But practicing with these guys and seeing these guys’ effort, it’s not that far off. They might be just a little bigger, they recruit bigger. That’s the only thing. As far as getting to the ball, we move faster here.

Some of our D linemen clock over 16 or 17 miles per hour, and they do it frequently. All our DBs are running over 20s and 21s. Just everybody moves fast. Everybody’s head is on a swivel and everybody is running to the ball. That’s what our big thing is playing with a tempo offense. Get back to your spot and with that we’re well conditioned.

I’ve never seen anything like it. And I feel like everybody has a better actual purpose here.

We have a lot of potential. Once we finally gel together as an entire defense - once the linebackers and the D line click and the linebackers and the secondary click - I feel we’ll be a great defense.

CANES VS. ‘BAMA

I believe we can win. If we come out and play our game, start fast how Miami always is, use what we have as a weapon to the best of our ability, yes we have a chance.
Stevenson wrote this?

Link or is someone trolling our Canes??

TS nailed it. The overall team is fast and well conditioned. It's night and day from the Richt years & 1 Enos year, and a different universe from the Golden years. I also see the focal point as whether or not the LBs can be in sync with the DL and DBs. If so, this defense could be go from decent to special.

My hope for Bama is disruption. I don't think we win the trench battles on majority of plays. But with our speed and skills, we could blow up their momentum with pivotal plays like sacks, PBUs and turnovers. ... I guess I've bought into Manny's downhill philosophy. At this point, no choice but to do so.

Advertisement
Back