*Two-Zero E Reed, Boi...Hired as Chief of Staff*

How many times have we been let down by players and former players opinions of coaches? The players brought us Clappy and Shannon which was the beginning of this demise so excuse me if I am a little bit skeptical. Great players don’t always translate into great coaches or GMs.

Ed Reed is my favorite Hurricane player of all time and you don’t have to sell me on his commitment. His heart I’m sure is in the right place the question is will he have the power and latitude to make real change because the same dopes are running this program. Nothing has changed has changed at the top and I bet Reed will report to these same people.

So your entire problem with this is your feelings have been hurt before and Blake James’ omnipotent power will somehow offset the positives brought by perhaps the greatest Cane of all time.

Sac up dude.

Advertisement
Read this! Ed Reed will be on the recruiting trail.

Tell me a college and pro hall of famer sitting in your living room telling you how Miami is the best place for you isn't going to carry some serious weight in your decision making.
Ed Reed will not be in the recruiting trail. Ed Reed will have a lot of interaction with recruits tho. One of those things is not like the other and Navarro never said he would be “on the trail.”

Only way that would happen is if a coach got left and we out Ed in the trail temporarily. However I wonder if Ed could get on the trail if someone like Patke was take. Off the trail for recruiting purposes. Kind of like Cooney is on the trail now since we don’t have a WR coach

A little chess move miami could make that would be nasty would be to not officially hire a wr coach so essentially they could give cooney the job make him happy but also allows miami to have staff guys go out and recruit which means ed reed out recruiting

Ed Reed will not be in the recruiting trail. Ed Reed will have a lot of interaction with recruits tho. One of those things is not like the other and Navarro never said he would be “on the trail.”

Only way that would happen is if a coach got left and we out Ed in the trail temporarily. However I wonder if Ed could get on the trail if someone like Patke was take. Off the trail for recruiting purposes. Kind of like Cooney is on the trail now since we don’t have a WR coach
Yup, they clarified that later in the thread. IIRC, it was the 10 on field coaches.

Slightly less awesome, but still really cool, imagine meeting Ed Reed and hearing him tell of his experiences while you're on campus.

Advertisement

I would like Ed as DB coach for whole secondary. Take that extra slot for a dedicated QB or ST coach. Then Ed can hire Ray as his driver and the two can show up in those yellow jackets and Ed can look at what DB is in the house and ask, "you got what it takes for one of these? Then come with em. Even my driver has one." Until then COS is a start.

I would like Ed as DB coach for whole secondary. Take that extra slot for a dedicated QB or ST coach. Then Ed can hire Ray as his driver and the two can show up in those yellow jackets and Ed can look at what DB is in the house and ask, "you got what it takes for one of these? Then come with em. Even my driver has one." Until then COS is a start.

It would be great to hear about Reed showing up at a DB film room session with Banda then basically telling Diaf what he thinks of the guy. Wonder how Diaf will take to coach critique.

It would be great to hear about Reed showing up at a DB film room session with Banda then basically telling Diaf what he thinks of the guy. Wonder how Diaf will take to coach critique.
Ed will not put up with crap. If Manny wanted to keep free had he should have got Zo on board. Mister Reed just don't care.

Lol...I can assure you that he was Vocal on that team (family member coached there)
And as far as the "He walked to his own Beat"..."Wasn't interested in Nightlife" comments,...So??....He was exactly like that at UM...
You guys missed my point. I think this is great news.

And I am glad if he was a vocal leader, because we want him to teach player accountability and locker room leadership. My point was that the fans didn't see that as much because Ray so dominated the spotlight. (And my sense was the other players didn't begrudge Ray and good leadership was real and it was effective, but that's a different conversation). For many Ravens fans, Reed is their all-time favorite.

Advertisement
Ed will not put up with crap. If Manny wanted to keep free had he should have got Zo on board. Mister Reed just don't care.
The think is tho, Reed is just an advisor. Manny can do everything reed says, or nothing Reed says.

Everything still hinges on Manny making the right decisions. Reed has zero recourse if manny decides he doesn’t want to take his advice.

So the question is.. do u feel confident in Mannys decision making skills? Because that’s what will decide how things go.

That's the point. Ray sucked up every bit of oxygen in every room he was ever in - at least publicly. Maybe Ed was the power behind the throne.

Ed was ever bit the player as Ray, but Ray had the squirrel dance, Ray has the statue, etc. Though when they are together in these settings, Ed clearly doesn't take a back seat.
Give me Reed’s personality over Lewis’s any day of the week when it comes to being a part of our football staff. Reed is a teacher, student and leader while Lewis comes off more as a televangelist.

I don’t think that because Reed didn’t do a chicken dance or scream into every microphone he ever saw that he’s not a leader. Everyone on those early 2000s UM teams will tell you who the heart and soul of those teams was.

Lol...I can assure you that he was Vocal on that team (family member coached there)
And as far as the "He walked to his own Beat"..."Wasn't interested in Nightlife" comments,...So??....He was exactly like that at UM...
Exactly. I’m glad Reed doesn’t give a **** about dumb crap like glitz and night life and all that dopey fake swag nonsense that has been nothing but a detriment here for so long.

Yup, they clarified that later in the thread. IIRC, it was the 10 on field coaches.

Slightly less awesome, but still really cool, imagine meeting Ed Reed and hearing him tell of his experiences while you're on campus.
He doesn’t need to be out pounding the pavement. Use Ed as a closer. Imagine some kid’s dad, who is probably Ed’s age or a little younger, being brought onto campus and getting to chop it up with Ed and know his son will be getting taught life lessons and taught how to perfect his craft by one of the best to ever do it.

With the prevalence of campus visits these days, every recruit you have any interest in eventually makes his way to your campus. Enter Reed.

Advertisement
He doesn’t need to be out pounding the pavement. Use Ed as a closer. Imagine some kid’s dad, who is probably Ed’s age or a little younger, being brought onto campus and getting to chop it up with Ed and know his son will be getting taught life lessons and taught how to perfect his craft by one of the best to ever do it.

With the prevalence of campus visits these days, every recruit you have any interest in eventually makes his way to your campus. Enter Reed.

x 10000000!!

Advertisement
Give me Reed’s personality over Lewis’s any day of the week when it comes to being a part of our football staff. Reed is a teacher, student and leader while Lewis comes off more as a televangelist.

I don’t think that because Reed didn’t do a chicken dance or scream into every microphone he ever saw that he’s not a leader. Everyone on those early 2000s UM teams will tell you who the heart and soul of those teams was.
You're not wrong about Ed, but Ray is exactly what we've all been saying this team needs. He's a loud, vocal leader, but he's also doing the most work. He shouts about what you should be doing, but he's also there doing it. He leads in voice and action.

As a Miami alum, Baltimore resident, and Raven's fan since 1996, you won't get me into an argument about which is better. That said, I think Ray can be the heart and soul of a team in a way that nobody else can. It was never the dance, it was what he showed every single day that lifted the Ravens up.

The think is tho, Reed is just an advisor. Manny can do everything reed says, or nothing Reed says.

Everything still hinges on Manny making the right decisions. Reed has zero recourse if manny decides he doesn’t want to take his advice.

So the question is.. do u feel confident in Mannys decision making skills? Because that’s what will decide how things go.
You are right. I feel confident about NOTHING concerning Manny. I am confident that Ed is not a wall flower. He will make noise. He is not Manny's assistant coach so Manny cannot just fire him. I see Ed Reed walking around campus cigar in hand, wearing Cane t-shirt and frigging NFL HOF jacket owning the frigging place. Dummies balked at Zo because as an organization man Zo probably wanted clear statement of his powers and limits. Ed strikes me as a little more "sure. that sounds fine. I just want to help MY U." Then when the rubber meets the road, Katie bar the door. He followed his own rules on the field and ruled it. From the President down to the newest 2* recruit, nobody will get free ride from Mr Reed. Blake just let a bull loose and has no clue he did.

Advertisement
Back