*Two-Zero E Reed, Boi...Hired as Chief of Staff*

Advertisement
Ed is smart.... politically...

He will drop truth on Manny but keep it all in-house...

He's 1000% committed to Miami and is not doing this because he needs money or fame.

What does "drop truth on Manny" look/sound like?

As we understand the role, Manuela is his boss.

Man, all I know is he spent a week w a team before the last ND game.

We all saw the result.

Of course Zo wouldve been the superior hire, but Reed is a coup as well.

Use him correctly, and his presence will pay off immensely.
Zo has the front office experience, but Ed is a players guy. Brings the fire and the swag.

Advertisement
If E-Reed can help fix the culture inside the football team, then Manny might just have saved his ***.

As for recruiting, I think he can only recruit on campus and call players. But everyone is talking about how great Cooney is and that's all he is allowed to do in his current role (minus currently as we only have 9 coaches).

Don't think it's a huge issue. We get them all on campus, we never have issues with that part lol

Screenshot_20200130-172337_Samsung Internet.jpg

Advertisement
Because it’s not just about overseeing personnel, these kids KNOW who Ed Reed is. He without a doubt will be able to connect with, mentor and recruit these kids on campus better than highsmith would have let’s be real about the situation

Ed isn’t going to be the coach who will develop them as players so they can take their game to the next level. It’s always the same thing down bring in a Miami Guy and let’s recapture the past. Well I wish it were that easy because it isnt btw what happened to Highsmith?

Wait. I just got back on after a couple hours away. lol...This really happened?

Edit: Just read the 247 write up on it. **** yeah!!

As Chief of Staff, Reed will serve in an advisory role to Diaz in all aspects of the football program, including strategic planning, quality control, operations, player evaluation and player development. Reed will also provide assistance in team building, student-athlete mentorship and recruiting, as permissible under NCAA rules.

Excellent. We need his input.

Advertisement
Doesn't seem like there should be an issue with contacts with him and recruits on campus, since he's employed. He was a coach on the field for Miami when he was there, and I'd bet money he's going to get in the ear of some of the kids on the team to let them know how things need to be done. Coaches can say all they want, but coming from a Hall of Famer, that the kids will actually recognize and is young enough to relate to, is a big deal. There's no way he and the other leaders on the team would have tolerated kids breaking curfew before games like FIU. He can be a huge influence in the locker room.

We know Ed Reed the player we know nothing about him as a personnel guy. This program can’t afford anymore experiments it’s a disaster down there.

Advertisement
We know Ed Reed the player we know nothing about him as a personnel guy. This program can’t afford anymore experiments it’s a disaster down there.
The fact that people are questioning this is mind boggling? What is that sh*t you smoking right now? He’s one of the greatest football minds EVER. He will help in ANY capacity

Advertisement
Back