Two Unexpected highlights

Advertisement
This narrative is getting somewhat old. I guarantee you that 99% of all college football teams' oline depth after 7th/8th is a ****show. It's very, very hard to find good quality olinemen.
Uhhhhh no you look at the teams like Osu, Bama, Georgia, Clemson. Those back ups would likely be starters anywhere else. Take a walk now.

Inside depth is rough. Probably why they're after Afhua so bad.
Transfer portal for a new center and guard next year.

Would be nice to throw Kinsler inside for now

We have Maigoua, Samson and McCoy as OTs for the next 3 years

Rivers has even looked great at LT and held it down so far

So for next year, you gotta think Rivers and McCoy hold down the left side of the line (LG and LT). Would be nice to have Kinsler as a backup G to Cooper or whoever plays LG next year

Advertisement
This narrative is getting somewhat old. I guarantee you that 99% of all college football teams' oline depth after 7th/8th is a ****show. It's very, very hard to find good quality olinemen.
While I am concerned about what happens if Lee goes down, I think it should also be stated that our parts are relatively interchangeable. We may not have a traditional 2-deep, but if someone goes down at Guard, Rivers can slide inside or Mccoy can fill in at Guard (as he did yesterday). So, in a way, we have two swing tackles and two swing Guards. That’s more than most elite programs. I guess if Lee goes down we supposedly can slide Rivers in there, but that remains to be seen. All that said, I’d still try to develop Tinsler like a G/T ala Cooper’s trajectory last season.

- Chaney showed some unexpected burst and wiggle for his size and coming off injuries.
- Wayne made a good tackle on a WR 10yards down the field, moving like a LB.
- Our boy 4 had a rough night but hopefully he shakes it off...
- CJ literally made me say "holy sh*t" on that run... Need him and BS on KR
- 7 is just that kind of dude that wows you every game

Advertisement
- Chaney showed some unexpected burst and wiggle for his size and coming off injuries.
- Wayne made a good tackle on a WR 10yards down the field, moving like a LB.
- Our boy 4 had a rough night but hopefully he shakes it off...
- CJ literally made me say "holy sh*t" on that run... Need him and BS on KR
- 7 is just that kind of dude that wows you every game

Wayne and Horton are going to be DUDES.

You should absolutely not be able to move how those dudes move at the size they have.

Maybe Rodriguez can keep getting better and be the 8th but yeah it’s really ugly after that. Kind of surprised kinsler isn’t getting any PT. Is he injured or just way far off from being ready
Judging by how slow they took McCoy probably going to keep molding him. Having so many guys that are versatile enough to play multiple spots makes him an emergency backup. JMO.

Advertisement
While I am concerned about what happens if Lee goes down, I think it should also be stated that our parts are relatively interchangeable. We may not have a traditional 2-deep, but if someone goes down at Guard, Rivers can slide inside or Mccoy can fill in at Guard (as he did yesterday). So, in a way, we have two swing tackles and two swing Guards. That’s more than most elite programs. I guess if Lee goes down we supposedly can slide Rivers in there, but that remains to be seen. All that said, I’d still try to develop Tinsler like a G/T ala Cooper’s trajectory last season.
Do you think McCoy is athletic enough to play center?

I would like to add Chris Johnson to the list.
He looked really explosive, especially with carriers outside.

Chaney looked reall, really, good.
I think the staff is limiting him to prevent injury. He’s a beast.

Emory Williams looked serviceable, he’s no where near TVD at this time. He’s young, not fazed and is only getting better.

I take it Skinner is third string now. That was a surprise to me, thought we would see more of him. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him get salty and transfer.

I don’t like to knock or call out young players that are just getting started but 39 needs to pick his game up. Offsides, missed tackles, still so under sized. It’s no wonder you’re wearing 39 my guy.

You can’t take anything else away from this game, except our OC might be mad man from running Tyler 2X on the first drive in a meaningless scrimmage.
No harm, so no foul.

Good game.. We got some good young ballers.

Now we sit back and watch UF lose, and BC get an upset.
Great post man, but pleeeeeze don't defame #39 in Miami 😜
Csonka_Larry_Action_180-220.jpg

Advertisement
Uhhhhh no you look at the teams like Osu, Bama, Georgia, Clemson. Those back ups would likely be starters anywhere else. Take a walk now.
lol Clemson...their oline is belong average this year. OSU isn't elite anymore at oline. I think you're only looking at HS recruiting that they brought in. However, oline is the hardest position to predict if they pan out out of HS besides quarterback.

I am speaking purely on how the players are at this stage in college rather than looking at their HS recruiting rating/stars.

Since you listed Georgia and Bama - you are correct about them which is part of the 1%. That is why I said 99%.

I am not gonna take a walk, instead I am going to make you proud by enjoying this nice cold beer on the couch.

lol Clemson...their oline is belong average this year. OSU isn't elite anymore at oline. I think you're only looking at HS recruiting that they brought in. However, oline is the hardest position to predict if they pan out out of HS besides quarterback.

I am speaking purely on how the players are at this stage in college rather than looking at their HS recruiting rating/stars.

Since you listed Georgia and Bama - you are correct about them which is part of the 1%. That is why I said 99%.

I am not gonna take a walk, instead I am going to make you proud by enjoying this nice cold beer on the couch.
This made my day. I wasn't talking about this year specifically. Like in the last 5 years.

Advertisement
Back