Tweet making the rounds...

If JJ was supposed to knife inside (essentially a stunt) on the goaline then that's just another dumb *** play call by Diaz.
I mean, it wouldn't be a stunt. Jackson was aligned at about 5-Tech in what looks like over the Tackle. Jaquan was outside of him. I didn't see any attempt at a twist or exchange between the players. Looked like Jaquan went directly at the edge while Jackson somehow, inexplicably also engaged. The B gap was WIDE open. I'm not saying it was the call because I have no idea what was called on the field, but if Jackson knifes underneath the Tackle into the B gap, we're at least sound. Like I said, trying to make sense of some of the things we do is something I'm giving up on.

Advertisement
I mean, it wouldn't be a stunt. Jackson was aligned at about 5-Tech in what looks like over the Tackle. Jaquan was outside of him. I didn't see any attempt at a twist or exchange between the players. Looked like Jaquan went directly at the edge while Jackson somehow, inexplicably also engaged. The B gap was WIDE open. I'm not saying it was the call because I have no idea what was called on the field, but if Jackson knifes underneath the Tackle into the B gap, we're at least sound. Like I said, trying to make sense of some of the things we do is something I'm giving up on.

Great great points bruh...but stunting on the goal line= smfh

But isn't questioning a defensive call at the goal line baffling in itself?

Isn't it pretty routine that close inside the 5 the outside guy has contain and all others slant/pinch inside unless a backer or safety (off the line) has the QB on a zone-read? I don't get why JoeJack would even engage with that tackle with an inside gap that open.

Isn't it pretty routine that close inside the 5 the outside guy has contain and all others slant/pinch inside unless a backer or safety (off the line) has the QB on a zone-read? I don't get why JoeJack would even engage with that tackle with an inside gap that open.

Bc our DC would rather be cute than sound

That's on Joe for not understanding his assignment. He thought Jaquan was going to get inside, but obviously Jaquan was already lined up to take the edge. This is our best edge rusher?

Advertisement

Can't disagree with you. The actual play makes little sense unless there's a wild mixup, as I mentioned. All I know is we have guys talking about the pros who should be focused on their game film for pro scouts. Jaquan isn't one of them. A **** hot mess.

That was holding by the LSU tackle and the refs missed it. How they missed it idk but I have an idea.

I’ll pray that was some weird *** mixup and JJackson was supposed to knife inside the B gap. But, at this point, we’ve already seen too many weird *** blitzes to expect anything to make sense.

I give up w/ trying to find the reasons.

that's all it is

it looks stupid, but it's just a miss communication

Advertisement
The more I watch this play, the more it enrages me.

We had an entire off-season to get this **** right. These guys are upperclassmen with 2+ seasons of play behind them. What that was, was some wild nonsense that you can't quite wrap your head around how it happens.

Can’t knock Jeff Simpson bc Gerald Willis ate out there and contributed his improvement especially in run support to Simpson.

Joe Jackson is a vet I’m willing to bet he was just going to where the play was called for him to go. Diaz is a selfish pos.... even at the 1 yard fckn line can’t help but try to call something so that it makes him look good if it works. Why not just line up in a traditional goal line formation to stop an obvious run up the middle??

Nvm it’s his play calling as to why the defense got carved up the field the entire game anyway

Yup. Why not l, uh, I dont know, goaline formation? With a big nose like Miller over the center?

Where the odd fronts he ran his first year?

Any Cane deciding to leave early from this clowntard team should be condemned to the Arena League after last night’s performance.

Advertisement
Back