TVD's Biggest Adjustment

Problem is we don’t have a better option right now. Emory has great leadership characteristics and solid short and mid range throws, but in limited attempts on deep shots he hasn’t thrown a catchable ball.

If we pull TVD and Emory proves to not be ready, that’ll be the 4th QB under Mario at Miami to fail and that’s a horrible pattern for recruiting.

Unfortunately TVD has games where it looks like he needs to hit the bench but I don’t think we have a better option either. I thought there was a good argument to pull him in the GT game but he did enough to win in the end.

Maybe if Emory protects the ball and makes smart reads on short and intermediate plays we don’t need the deep pass but it’s a lot to gamble on a young kid’s shoulders
Maybe we should have went in the portal, that’s on the coaches

Advertisement
His biggest adjustments:
1. Spread the ball around to make sure people aren't cheating off of TEs/RBs (Int #2)
2. Stop having lazy eyes which have allowed the safety to cheat because he is looking towards the target (Int #1)
3. Stop forcing the ball into tight windows because you have ALL freaking day to throw! (Int #3)
[BGCOLOR=initial]4. THROW THE BALL AWAY when you aren't sure. [/BGCOLOR]

[BGCOLOR=initial]Extra credit- never run that option play with Colbie again![/BGCOLOR]
That seemed to be his issue against GT. When the offense wasnt clicking, both due to them stopping the run pretty well and doing a great job of sure tackling to prevent any YAC, he started forcing things. Its like he felt that he had to take over the game instead of calmly taking what was there. The team seemed to have gone in expectingbto dominate, and then when they didnt they panicked and pushed things a bit.

That seemed to be his issue against GT. When the offense wasnt clicking, both due to them stopping the run pretty well and doing a great job of sure tackling to prevent any YAC, he started forcing things. Its like he felt that he had to take over the game instead of calmly taking what was there. The team seemed to have gone in expectingbto dominate, and then when they didnt they panicked and pushed things a bit.
Actually almost all of them have been his issues for three years.

Problem is we don’t have a better option right now. Emory has great leadership characteristics and solid short and mid range throws, but in limited attempts on deep shots he hasn’t thrown a catchable ball.

If we pull TVD and Emory proves to not be ready, that’ll be the 4th QB under Mario at Miami to fail and that’s a horrible pattern for recruiting.

Unfortunately TVD has games where it looks like he needs to hit the bench but I don’t think we have a better option either. I thought there was a good argument to pull him in the GT game but he did enough to win in the end.

Maybe if Emory protects the ball and makes smart reads on short and intermediate plays we don’t need the deep pass but it’s a lot to gamble on a young kid’s shoulders
I dont think they'll bench TVD this year (and he doesn't deserve to be benched. hes had one bad game all year and has been lights out otherwise) esp w the promise they made to keep him here. you can't bench your QBs bc they have a bad game. if it continues, then diff story, but so far he doesn't deserve to be benched and no other QB has earned the right to start over him even board favorite emory. also you need the deep ball In any modern day offense. it limits your offense so much without that in your ****nal esp if the D knows you can't throw deep.

Advertisement
TVD put some ugly QB play on tape against GT. If TVD doesn’t clean this up, he will be a 7th round pick or a UDF at best.

His biggest adjustment needs to be spreading the ball around. He’s too focused on X. He’s got a couple of possible nfl receivers on his team that he tends to not look for as his first option. A good D Coordinator is going to start doubling X. Then what?

Or... find the open guy on the check down and take the 5 yard gain.
Problem with TVD is he has heavy feet and is stiff. Watch Maye...Pinnix...Nix..they are sudden and able to make a move to elude. They are rarely chased down by dt's and de's. TvD can't get away from any one. Similar to Tua for the Fins. Players close in on him out of no where for a 3 yd gain or a sack in general.

Advertisement
He does another Gt performance i say bench him the rest of the year . If we’re going go lose mildest we’ll break in our true freshman qb. Im sick of bs already, same bs last year prior to getting hurt againt that 2 a ten school . Like he is blind once he gets pressured he scks
Not sure why I even reply to you because your takes are routinely horrible

But this post is embarrassing

That won’t work tonight. Everyone now knows where he wants to go. TVD needs to showcase he can spread the ball around and show less favoritism.
Yeah it’s when he feels the heat is when he falls back on this

When he was rolling earlier this year he was doing a good job of moving the ball around but in the past he would just look for Mallory last year with X out and miss wide open guys. He does it with X from time to time when the pressure is on

It was one of my big concerns after 2021 when everyone was on the Heisman bandwagon, Rambo really bailed him out a lot when he did the same thing with him and I had some questions about what would happen when he left

But I get it, things get rough you go to where you’re comfortable and X is a beast. But he has to get better here

That won’t work tonight. Everyone now knows where he wants to go. TVD needs to showcase he can spread the ball around and show less favoritism.
true. But he didn't do it at A&M - the ball went to numerous guys. Restrepo is always reliable - he and Colbie , generally

Now would be the time to get Riley williams some more targets - Arroyo if he's a go, too.

George didn't have a good game last week. I re-watched the game and he literally ran into Restrepo on the play TVD kept the ball and ran for a 1st down. George took both himself and Restrepo out of the play

Advertisement
run the **** ball when progressions/reads arent there!!!! he had several big runs there last game and the moment he becomes a run threat in the pass game, we will be unstoppable
Run the ball when no one is open and stop steering down Restrepo there are 3 other receivers on the damm field.

TVD is absolute garbage and a liability. I do not think he gives us the best chance to win on the field. He’s made one bad decision after another amd its time to end this experiment and get burn for next year.

TVD is cheeks. Its Williams’ Time.

Advertisement
I am over TVD but I think you just ride with him the rest of the year and tell him his services are no longer needed after the season. Try and find a QB in the portal and hope for the best.

Advertisement
Back