TVD

Number one in post game interview the kid just owns up to mistakes to needing to play better etc etc this in itself makes me more impressed than I already am.
Today he was throwing the ball low and telegraphing his throws. Too many times our receivers were running crossing routes and the Southern Miss Dbacks were just waiting for his throws.
Now it could be just horrible plays assembled for him which I tend to think is the case. It’s almost because we are so set on running the ball passing plays are like an afterthought.
Oregon fans said Mario will waste our talent and lack the effort to get the most out of the passing game.
I want to see progress in the passing game so we shall see but TVD was not at his best and that is rare.

Advertisement
Been to both games this season and it doesn't appear that TVD is consistently going thru his progressions. Last week on the TD to Restrepo, Mallory was wide open on the other side of the field for an easier throw however, TVD never looked over to that side of the field. Today again, he had Redding down the seam wide open for a big play and he never saw him and instead held it and was subsequently forced out of the pocket. I know he's getting used to a new offense and one thing I'm sure of is his work ethic so hopefully these small things are just growing pains. GO CANES

Advertisement
Number one in post game interview the kid just owns up to mistakes to needing to play better etc etc this in itself makes me more impressed than I already am.
Today he was throwing the ball low and telegraphing his throws. Too many times our receivers were running crossing routes and the Southern Miss Dbacks were just waiting for his throws.
Now it could be just horrible plays assembled for him which I tend to think is the case. It’s almost because we are so set on running the ball passing plays are like an afterthought.
Oregon fans said Mario will waste our talent and lack the effort to get the most out of the passing game.
I want to see progress in the passing game so we shall see but TVD was not at his best and that is rare.
Mario is not calling plays. F Oregon fans they went back into hiding after getn smoked by UGA. Nothing happens overnight. Not defending man but expecting everything to be in sync 2 games in is not realistic

wasn't going through progressions well today, was locking on first option and it was getting him into trouble. Didn't look great but did do enough to win that game, that is the good part.
THIS! Its like he locks on his guy prior and waits for him to come open, he will pat the ball, and even then force it in double coverage. Meanwhile a guy in middle of field is WIDE open.. He will get better with time hopefully..

Good news after watching TAMpon today, they couldnt stop the run. We open the holes we just haven't gotten a back to break away.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
TVD is not seeing the field well. But I also think he’s at his best when he’s allowed to take on a gunslinger role. He loves to throw downfield and go uptempo, and Gattis has us doing the exact opposite right now.
Gattis works for Mario... I dont think Mario is saying go uptempo and Gattis is saying NO! LOL.. Gattis takes orders and execute.. Call out the right guy

Advertisement
Back