TVD

Could be new offense + pressure from shaky offensive line play leads to panic and indecision with where to go with the ball.

Good news is that over time the new offense becomes routine, and offensive line play can (hopefully) improve.

Advertisement
Can you expound on that? First game out of 10 someone can confuse him? I’m not disagreeing, looking for answers.
FSU defense did that to him. UVA, UNC as well

Difference was those games we needed to keep pressing and win. Not sure if I’m just making excuses but this game wasn’t one of those. We pressed when we needed to and TVD looked great but this to me…again I don’t want to be the excuse maker guy….but we need to figure out what we have on the OL in the run game

It felt like Gattis just made the decision to treat it as such

I could be way off here but I think Gattis and TVD will take it personally

If we see a flop there on Saturday then I will change my tune for sure

Expectations. You can do and say all the right things all off season but this kid has been anointed the savior by our fanbase, Heisman darkhorse by the media, and potential 1st round qb by the experts. He looked like someone trying to shoulder it all and be perfect at the first sign of bad play.

Its another piece to his growth...and may the biggest one. If he keep this up he will be a nice qb and we hopefully win 8 games. If he starts to block all that out, realize he doesnt have to do it all himself, and there are 10 other guys on the field we win 9-10 and individually who knows for him

It will be the same for us as a team. We win this weekend we start to get more hype. How do we deal with it. Then at the end of this season if we win 9 or even 10 games with what we return, what we likely bring in with this class we could be looking at a preseason top 10 ranking. How do we deal with that.

There are still a lot more coachable and teachable moments this program has in front of it to get back to what we all hope.

He was unsure of himself and what to do with the ball. I’ve never seen that from him before, it was unsettling and he got worse throughout the day.
I have, he had some moments last year and in the bowl game. I like TVD but he has some flaws in his game. He locks onto receivers. He did it last year versus UNC and FSU at the beginning of both games. He needs to get his throws up and we have to remember he literally has 12 starts under his belt. I'm hoping for a better result on Saturday. He has the tools.

Last edited:
I have he had some moments last year and in the bowl game? I like TVD but he has some flaws in his game. He locks onto receivers. He did it last year versus UNC and FSU at the beginning of both games. He needs to get his throws up and we have to remember he literally has 12 starts under his belt. I'm hoping for a better result on Saturday. He has the tools.
Good thoughts. What bowl game?

Advertisement
Gotta give credit where it's due to So Miss d coordinator throwing coverages that were well disguised and made TVD think a bit more causing him to hold the ball longer and slow down his decision making process. Tyler will learn from it so not worried about him. Gattis needs to adjust and cater a bit more to his strength which is uptempo. After App State gashed them with runs it would be foolish to think we're gonna abandon the run, but we gotta introduce more urgency and aggressiveness than we saw vs TAMU to come out with a W.

Game 1 & part of game 2 under Lashlee. Then they got it clicking. Hoping for the same with this new offense
I understand including those early games but I don’t really think of them because they clearly changed the O and opened things up thereafter.

Advertisement
Number one in post game interview the kid just owns up to mistakes to needing to play better etc etc this in itself makes me more impressed than I already am.
Today he was throwing the ball low and telegraphing his throws. Too many times our receivers were running crossing routes and the Southern Miss Dbacks were just waiting for his throws.
Now it could be just horrible plays assembled for him which I tend to think is the case. It’s almost because we are so set on running the ball passing plays are like an afterthought.
Oregon fans said Mario will waste our talent and lack the effort to get the most out of the passing game.
I want to see progress in the passing game so we shall see but TVD was not at his best and that is rare.
Honestly I'm thinking Gattis's offense can't be this bland, especially in the passing game/route combinations. Hopefully they're waiting to open up a can of whipass Saturday. If not, then, I'll be concerned

I understand including those early games but I don’t really think of them because they clearly changed the O and opened things up thereafter.

Hopefully him, gattis and the QB coach get it together and we see a nice 35+ point performance on Saturday. I’m really curious if we get down early will they yank him for Garcia or is he entrenched as the starter no matter what.

Hopefully him, gattis and the QB coach get it together and we see a nice 35+ point performance on Saturday. I’m really curious if we get down early will they yank him for Garcia or is he entrenched as the starter no matter what.
Really? I would imagine they’d lose the locker room if they did that.

Advertisement
Really? I would imagine they’d lose the locker room if they did that.

What if Miami goes down 21-0 and TVD has an INT and looks terrible? I don’t expect that to happen but TVD looked very bad last Saturday. I think he was sick or something honestly. His facial expressions, attitude, energy was all off

What if Miami goes down 21-0 and TVD has an INT and looks terrible? I don’t expect that to happen but TVD looked very bad last Saturday. I think he was sick or something honestly. His facial expressions, attitude, energy was all off
No. Not in a million years. He’s the heart and soul of the team, has been for over a year. If we go down 21-0 there’s a lot more going wrong than him. He’s also got the most polished and proven skill set on the team. I like Jake, he looked good vs BCU, but he’s played next to no snaps and against nobodys. Throw him in against TAMU when we’re down 21? Nah. You ride it out with the leader.

Look, I said myself Saturday was TVD’s worst game ever, but in no way does that mean his job is on the line. Lol, like no way. He still went 21/30 for 260.

Advertisement
Back