TVD

Advertisement
Advertisement
Btw if TVD doesn't get **** right they won't have any problem going to Jake. Jake actually seem to understand his reads better which is weird to say based of the camp reports. TVD was locking on and not looking to the outside

Can you expound on that? First game out of 10 someone can confuse him? I’m not disagreeing, looking for answers.
I know Mario mentioned it earlier in week and after game presser that their young DC does ALOT with coverages and confusing opponents, also said they did some things we weren expecting.. I guess dude throws alot of looks and makes it hard to decipher.. not just a line it up and play type, different fronts, blitzes, coverages, etc

I think we need to stop the first round talk and hope he's able to win the coastal first....he didn't play like a big time QB is supposed to play....took sacks he didn't have to take.....at times showed signs of a confused QB folding under pressure...

TVD has to show more leadership by example....games like these are supposed to be easy for top notch QBs....a good leader doesn't take any team for granite..he definitely has to play well next week or the jury will be out on his ability to play at a high level...Brice went in there without phuckin up TVD has to do equal or better imo....

Advertisement
Can you expound on that? First game out of 10 someone can confuse him? I’m not disagreeing, looking for answers.

In 10 games I can't remember him holding the ball for so long. If his primary target (Restrepo) was covered, TVD didn't know where to go with the ball. Part of it might be discomfort with Gattis's system, but that doesn't really explain why he wouldn't throw to open receivers. I think the other part of the explanation is that from his vantage point, the WRs weren't open. He went through his progressions and didn't like what he saw, so he didn't pull the trigger. He's probably had it drilled in him by the offensive staff to throw the ball away instead of forcing it into coverage. I don't think So Miss's DBs were locking down the WRs on most plays, but for whatever reason TVD didn't think the WRs had enough separation for him to make a safe pass. My suspicion is the So Miss DC was mixing up coverages well and TVD had trouble figuring it out. A DC confusing TVD would make more sense if it was a higher level opponent. The fact that it happened with So Miss is curious and a little concerning.

It looked like So Miss's D was really confusing him. Strange opponent for him to be flummoxed by.
They are a blitzing and stunting D-Line and he seemed out of sorts.

Missed a bunch of open guys, threw to wrong guy multiple times, and locked into receivers.

They are a blitzing and stunting D-Line and he seemed out of sorts.

Missed a bunch of open guys, threw to wrong guy multiple times, and locked into receivers.

Not trying to make a mountain out of a molehill but its strange it happened against this opponent. If TVD had this game against Pitt, we would chalk it up to Narduzzi being able to scheme up a really good D and having some quality athletes, and making TVD see ghosts. So Miss doesn't have that type of talent. Who knows, maybe their 29 year old DC is the next Bill Belicheck.

Ultimately I hope this is just a one time miscalibration - TVD got up on the wrong side of the bed and wasnt dialed in.

Last edited:
In 10 games I can't remember him holding the ball for so long. If his primary target (Restrepo) was covered, TVD didn't know where to go with the ball. Part of it might be discomfort with Gattis's system, but that doesn't really explain why he wouldn't throw to open receivers. I think the other part of the explanation is that from his vantage point, the WRs weren't open. He went through his progressions and didn't like what he saw, so he didn't pull the trigger. He's probably had it drilled in him by the offensive staff to throw the ball away instead of forcing it into coverage. I don't think So Miss's DBs were locking down the WRs on most plays, but for whatever reason TVD didn't think the WRs had enough separation for him to make a safe pass. My suspicion is the So Miss DC was mixing up coverages well and TVD had trouble figuring it out. A DC confusing TVD would make more sense if it was a higher level opponent. The fact that it happened with So Miss is curious and a little concerning.
Yeah he looked like a robot whose glitching in the middle of his ”Throw The Ball” algorithm. He flat out missed wide open guys like they weren’t even there.

Coaching him to not make mistakes terrifies me. It’s worse than running one of the slowest offenses in the country, because it’s playing scared, old man, 1990s Big Ten football. It will get us slaughtered vs teams with talent advantages on the line and play right into their hands. It also smacks of stubbornness. You have a legit talent at QB, play to his strengths. Don’t be an arrogant *** and make him fit your designs.

Why are we recruiting kids like Jaden Rashada if this gruel is what we intend to run? I was willing to give the Gattis hire a chance, I don’t have a choice but to do so. But today felt like one of those “I knew D’Onofrio was a bum in the Maryland game” moments.

Advertisement
Not trying to make a mountain out of a molehill but its strange it happened against this opponent. If TVD had this game against Pitt, we would chalk it up to Narduzzi being able to scheme up a really good D and having some quality athletes, and making TVD see ghosts. So Miss doesn't have that type of talent. Who knows, maybe their 29 year old DC is the next Bill Belicheck.

I am trying to remember if Bard Kayaak ever had this type of game where he was this badly out of calibration.
I think he just had a **** day. Happens.

Advertisement
What oddsmakers have missed all Summer and now is that we have a borderline great QB. Nobody including this site a A&M site I’ve been visiting mentions Tyler as a real difference maker Tyler when asked a month ago are you looking forward to A&M he said “I CANT WAIT”. How cool is that and I can tell you in a big game like this having a guy like Tyler leading the troops is very reassuring.👍🙌🫠

Last edited:
What oddsmakers have missed all Summer and now is that we have a borderline great QB. Nobody including this site a A&M site I’ve been visiting mentions Tyler. Tyler when asked a month ago are you looking forward to A&M he said “I CANT WAIT”. How cool is that and I can tell you in a big game like this having a guy like Tyler leading the troops is very reassuring.👍🙌🫠
Really hope it comes together for him Saturday. We need a big game out of him to get the W. Like you said, him being the leader of this team is very reassuring, because we havent had that from the QB position in a long time.

Number one in post game interview the kid just owns up to mistakes to needing to play better etc etc this in itself makes me more impressed than I already am.
Today he was throwing the ball low and telegraphing his throws. Too many times our receivers were running crossing routes and the Southern Miss Dbacks were just waiting for his throws.
Now it could be just horrible plays assembled for him which I tend to think is the case. It’s almost because we are so set on running the ball passing plays are like an afterthought.
Oregon fans said Mario will waste our talent and lack the effort to get the most out of the passing game.
I want to see progress in the passing game so we shall see but TVD was not at his best and that is rare.
Our Canes need TVD to play much better in College Station or AtM is gonna give them the DVDADO.

I don’t think there’s anything really to talk about yet

But come Sunday there will be

Advertisement
Back