TVD Staying at UM Mega-Thread (F off Nick and the local Miami media dreck)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I am saying this assuming this new article is truly accurate. See you TVD.

A 9-9 QB who doesnt have a great rep even within his current team and outside of a 6 game stretch has looked just "solid" isnt worth this headache or culture killing momentum. Pay him and who knows if any of our others then hold us hostage.

This is an extremely tough situation on all sides.
Exactly if we pay TVD . What will our other top and better players do ?!? Bye TVD

I know some of you hate him but Ruiz is a much better NIL source than places like the Gator collective which have not followed thru on contractual commitments.
And I agree with Ruiz that the Nigel Pack deal was a great ROI considering the exposure. This is what NIL is supposed to be.

As for TVD, every smart athlete is trying to maximize their NIL before the transfer portal window closes. Frankly, I advised my nephew who plays basketball at Stetson and was all -conference last season, to do the exact same thing. I know it’s not good for team, or culture, or etc… but for many of these young people this may be the most money they make in one season-ever. Pro sports is not guaranteed and every athlete is 1 injury away from being retired.

if we want TVD we will match what he is being offered, simple as that. UM has the money. I think the bigger question is whether Mario believes TVD is worth the NIL investment that other schools believe he is. But that is precisely how the free market works.
As I mentioned in the Arch manning v Emory Williams thread, the issue will be whether a player is worth the money.

Advertisement
So dumb. If I’m Ruiz/UM, I’d counter by telling him we were “frustrated” by his play last year.

If I was Ruiz, I’m not gonna lie I’d be agitated with Mario hiring Gattis, and flat out say you wasted my NIL money

I know Ruiz is super rich, but there has to be reason applied and Mario held accountable

This country's strip clubs are almost uniformly terrible outside of South Florida and Ft Myers. I did go to a good one in Fayetteville once, but that was a long time ago (and that city has a very particular demographic with the military installations).
Ricks? Home of the Rickettes.

Advertisement

Miami Hurricanes quarterback Tyler Van Dyke is weighing whether to enter the transfer portal because he and his camp are “frustrated” with the total value of his NIL deals at UM and has substantial offers from other schools, Canesport reported Thursday. Two friends of Van Dyke, contacted by the Herald, did not dispute that report.

per the report, this is news to Ruiz.

Look at Drew using the same levers he uses in the NFL (sports writers, The Herald) to push his agenda into the open.

This is textbook.

Advertisement
This is my best thoughts of this scenario. I could be completely right or wrong.

Tommy Reese and Bama “Hey **** face Drew, you have any qb clients we can bring to bama”

**** Face Drew “Hey Tyler, bama can give you this amount, want to go or let’s get it from Miami”

Someone to Miami “Tvd is willing to go to bama because of x amount”

Conversation leaks and world catches on fire. Just IMO, I don’t think he leaves or fully wants to. At the end of the day he does have the “I was a projected 1st round pick. You brought in Gattis. Now I am not” card on his sign
I envisioned you do this with hand puppets.

eric cartman snow GIF by South Park

TVD bolts due to a non-competitive NIL and the Canes don’t win more than 3 games this coming season.

Advertisement
Hot takes:

Hot take #1: what if we also used the back channels and have someone the staff liked more? (BVD, Pratt, the Duke kid, Drake maye one can dream)

Hot take #2 what if our staff let it out bc it was clear tampering and they thought it could help stop it from happening.

Remember these are just hot takes.

Also for the people saying they hate NiL back channeling etc: Xavier worthy, zay flowers, Dell, the cuse LB. There are tons of names… and they don’t always leave. Just hope he doesn’t lose the lockeroom if tvd does stay. Let’s see what happens

This is a lie, cant threaten credentials for doing your job. Yahoo reported Nevin Shapiro they still credentialed. You only saying this because we are black and out here grinding in a space where most don't look like us.

WTF? Because you're black? NOBODY CARES ABOUT THAT.

Yahoo's reporting happened over a decade ago, under a completely different AD and head coach. Or do you think there is some sort of legal precedent that was set? Are you going to cite the Supreme Court case of UM vs. Yahoo for why a university can't threaten credentials for doing your job?

Give it a rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back