TVD Staying at UM Mega-Thread (F off Nick and the local Miami media dreck)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a lie, cant threaten credentials for doing your job. Yahoo reported Nevin Shapiro they still credentialed. You only saying this because we are black and out here grinding in a space where most don't look like us.
****.. and I thought he was going back to minding his own business. Shiiiiiiit.

Advertisement
Who is it on than? Would you say that's on Mario that we don't have that locked up with depth? Cause I wouldn't agree with that. Kids have all the power now. When this first came out it was addressed internally. At that point in response we lost Jake. We had very limited options. Yes we could've hit the portal. HOWEVER (& A BIG ONE AT THAT)the perception nationally is that tvd is staying #1 & a lot better than he is at this moment #2. With that being the narrative what qb1 are we going to be able to get to come in who's ready to play right now but who also has the mindset that he's gonna be a back up this year. They hit the portal for 2 reasons.#1 playing time. #2 money. Rock & a hard place.

Given the 2 choices. It is on the coach to build the roster, not the QB. Definitely between a rock and a hard place.

Same thought here. Leaking it puts pressure on the kid to decide with a 10 day window remaining. We need a QB2 too. This makes that spot look more attractive imo. QB2 could become QB1 very quickly and we would need to have that player hit the portal before the end of next week. All logic seems that we probably made the leak (except for what I am reading about the source and supposed disdain with them from the program). Would have been best to play to out the possibility this occurs and if it makes Bama/Saban look like a hypocrite in the process, well that’s icing on the cake.

you need to broaden possibilities. people generally don't leak directly to the person that publishes the leak. that would be too direct. you leak to someone who you know is going to sprint to the publisher that eventually leaks it. if UM leaked it, it was not directly to Caneville or Footballville or X or Streeter.

don't we have some psy op people on the payroll here? @Empirical Cane

Advertisement
This is my best thoughts of this scenario. I could be completely right or wrong.

Tommy Reese and Bama “Hey **** face Drew, you have any qb clients we can bring to bama”

**** Face Drew “Hey Tyler, bama can give you this amount, want to go or let’s get it from Miami”

Someone to Miami “Tvd is willing to go to bama because of x amount”

Conversation leaks and world catches on fire. Just IMO, I don’t think he leaves or fully wants to. At the end of the day he does have the “I was a projected 1st round pick. You brought in Gattis. Now I am not” card on his sign

Thanks for following haven't posted in here in years back to minding my business
Get Out No GIF

This is a lie, cant threaten credentials for doing your job. Yahoo reported Nevin Shapiro they still credentialed. You only saying this because we are black and out here grinding in a space where most don't look like us.
I don’t always compare media outlets, but when I do, I compare ******* Yahoo and Footballville

Advertisement
How u figure? We got an “air raid” system now, and 2 QBs that ain’t quite ready yet. Elite QBs should be lining up around the block.
Because we are at ground zero - 6 weeks in with a new OC. It generally takes much, much longer for relationships to be built. The entire offensive staff was turned over in the offseason. Outside of perhaps Mario, the new staff doesn't have the relationships with the 2024 elite quarterbacks. You saw that with Air Noland, he's going to an established staff in Ohio State. It's already too late for the 2024 class in many respects. Having Gattis misfire as he did was a bigger catastrophe than just the on the field production. We started all over again from a recruiting standpoint.

Now maybe in December we can get a flip like Lashlee got with Garcia in his first year, but the more likely outcome is that the first chance that we have at an elite quarterback is this time next year, after the current staff has a year to build relationships with 2025 quarterbacks.

For the mopes crying 'why us?', you're failing to acknowledge that this is literally going on at every school now. In the new age of the portal and NIL, schools are constantly tampering with players from other schools, especially during open portal windows. The only reason why you rarely hear coaches cry foul is because they're all doing the same thing themselves.

The difference between us and other programs is that our insiders choose chasing clout over keeping things private for the sake of the program and player.

Do you think Bama coaches will run to twitter to tell their fans to “leave the kid alone”? Or is that just our childish coaching staff?
Only at Miami. Gonna go on for eternity until someone gets the idea to clean house and bring in a HC with no connection to Miami whatsoever and he fills a staff of coaches that can coach and not for "recruiting". Golden sucked but was the closest thing to this and had the most talented teams of all the guys since him that have built Miami bro staffs

Too many guys want to be friends with the kids and not coach and develop and worry about their job.

Advertisement
With all disrespect.....**** your grind if it means hurting the Canes program. So worried about some **** clout that you'll toss out things that are best left behind closed doors.

Advertisement
This country's strip clubs are almost uniformly terrible outside of South Florida and Ft Myers. I did go to a good one in Fayetteville once, but that was a long time ago (and that city has a very particular demographic with the military installations).

I've heard ATL has some good ones. Haven't been yet. Driven past a few. Just going off of rumors for now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back