TVD Staying at UM Mega-Thread (F off Nick and the local Miami media dreck)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
@No_Fly_Zone

Allow me.

I'm going to speak in GIF

Denzel Washington GIF

So I’ve been busy and admittedly don’t know all of the twists and turns that went down here but isn’t it true that Bama reached out to TVD, he listened, he renegotiated with Miami, and he is staying? If that’s accurate it’s hard to blame him.
The blame is on the source of the info. How do we know? Someone ran their mouth and someone in Miami media put it out there. These are the people who deserve our venom. IMO.

I remember when @CDWright40 was a big ole rhutard.

All this for a 9-7 QB (not including his two L’s after the Duke Injury), whose claim to fame is 6 games from 2021. I guess we have no other choice when that QB room sucks ***.

Come on bud, last year wasn't on the QB who played hurt, had a tiny hurt dog**** OL, cat**** WR, injuries at TE, and so many injuries at RB that we were playing a walk on meaningfully. Oh, did mention Josh fricking Gattis and the disfunction between the OC and QB coach? TVD was collateral damage, And again, JOSH GATTIS. I really give him a pass for that nonsense, he was getting hammered every time he dropped back. He was actually pretty gutty.

INCLUDING that ****show, the kid still has 35 TDs to 11 INTs in his UM career for 63%. I think he's going to beast this year.

We all need to zoom out. He was ridiculous in the 2nd half of the 2021 season, a season where he only got 2nd team reps all spring, summer and fall before King got hurt. Honestly I'm grateful the kid hasn't left over any of the last three portal windows.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I need to try this out with my job.

Don't show up tomorrow or Monday and then on Tuesday demand more money for my "performance" two years ago.

If you walk into your bosses office with a offer from an industry leader that dwarfs your salary you might be successful.

Also, @JamesQuall

Last edited:
Advertisement
Would anyone else like to see us go do this same **** to Bama right now and offer money they don’t want to pay to one of their key players at a position of need for us???

Not only because we need the talent but to make known that if you try to poach our players, there’ll be a cost when he come back on you.

Set the ******* example.
It needs to be in a position of need for them, preferably where they're thin (if they have any). Most anyone we'd pull would improve us.

After 108 pages of reading I’m not sure what’s more depressing. Me reading all that (some funny POTY nominees) or how bad Franklin went out and why his mom did what she did?

Advertisement
Serious question. Do you think we did with Cohen, what they did here with TVD, or do you think we just got him out of the portal more generally the way it’s supposed to be done?

There’s back channeling (not allowed but s certain amount seems to be standard) and there’s outright open tampering.
I hope we tampered but I have my doubts.

Not even that mad about it. This is going to be the norm. Every single player and agent in the NFL would leverage going elsewhere if it meant squeezing more money out of their team. This is what happened when you involve big money into anything.

I didn't want TVD to become Brad Kaaya in his last year, but this didn't help his case.

Advertisement
Couple other things...

She was an older lady and was sitting in her seat with a seatbelt on. She had third degree burns all over her thighs. The pictures really upset the jury.

Also, there is a post-trial motion called Remittitur, where you can ask the judge to reduce the jury verdict when you can convince the judge that the jury award was way beyond the norm. And that's what happened in the McDonald's case. The "original" jury damages were reduced by the judge, so a LOT LESS money was awarded than was first reported in the press.
Yep. This was one of the first cases I learned about in law school. McDonald's was purposely brewing the coffee exceptionally hot because they believed it led to better flavor. They had also had prior complaints of customers burning themselves, so they were on notice of the issue. The woman had 3rd degree burns throughout her crotch area. She had to have reconstructive surgery of her labia. And like you said, the original jury verdict was lowered significantly.

The misconceptions about this case were used by insurance companies and bought-off politicians in many States to justify passing caps on compensation for personal injury victims. What people don't understand is there is already a check on unreasonable jury awards. It's called the trial courts and, if necessary, the appellate courts. Jury awards are frequently lowered by the judiciary.

Bama does not need TVD.

We need to have that problem. Apparently we iz killing it recrootsin right now.
When we start winning like Bama and UGA, players like TVD won't want to transfer, because the serious money will be in the Gables. That's where the skill position players will want to go, like they did in the Glory Days.

Don't worry about Bama, OSU, or UGA poaching our players. Worry only about winning. That's what keeps playmakers around. Build depth, build talent, build a winning culture.

You win, the players will want to come to South Beach, not Tuscaloosa, Athens, Trailerhassee or Godforsaken Gainesville.

We start winning big time, our only competition for elite talent will be Lincoln Riley in Los Angeles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back