TVD starting?

Garcia may have a few series where he looks better than tvd because he's not mentally broken by Gattis's O yet, but if he struggles too, what do you do next? Try to go back to TVD?
Exactly. Get 2 QB’s with jitters then what the **** do you do?

Advertisement
Exactly. Get 2 QB’s with jitters then what the **** do you do?

And if you watch Roman M. on Xs and Os, he breaks down the film well and the vast, vast majority of the problem is the play calling and routes. TVD might make a couple bad reads in a game as all QBs do, but for the most part the issues are routes taking forever to develop, and some real headscratchers like calling for double moves when a CB is giving a 12 yard cushion. Even when it may look like a guy is open due to a blitz , TVD is usually running for his life because he doesn't have any hot routes. It's easy to blame TVD but Roman shows a shocking comparison between Lashlees O and Gattis O.

TVD didn't suddenly forget how to throw a pass. I mentioned in another thread that I can't remember anytime in cfb where a QB, for non-injury reasons, went from all-conference to complete train wreck in a span of 3 games. Some of it is on TVD because he is letting the frustration with the offense affect his performance. But most it is on Gattis. I was actually surprised as I thought someone carefully breaking down film might defend Gattis and say he's getting a bad rap and scheming guys open (as a few posters here claimed). Nope. It's as bad as it looks. Garcia might be marginally better in the offense but I don't think he's going to fix the underlying problems.

That’s what I hate tho. He had all summer to learn the offense. He’s obviously struggling in this offense. He looks completely lost and playing with no confidence. So mario adjusts ( last years offense) into this game plan. That to me looks really bad and says a lot about tvd. For “how good” he is and a lot of people make him out to be that doesn’t really portray a lot of confidence in your starting qb.

“Oh sorry you can’t understand the offense so we’ll dumb it down for you and go all the way back to last year and hope you can recreate the little success you had. If you pretty much have to handicap and hold back the whole offense then he probably shouldn’t be the starter. I don’t really care what he’s done in practice the last two weeks, he’s played terrible since southern miss and the more that comes out on this kid like not having your wide receivers numbers. I mean that is pathetic. If I was one of the WR I would call tvd’s ***** *** out for that I can’t see how that wouldn’t upset a lot of kids in the wr room. Makes sense if theirs a gripe or split in the Locker room.
He was too busy golfing to learn the offense. Dead srs

And if you watch Roman M. on Xs and Os, he breaks down the film well and the vast, vast majority of the problem is the play calling and routes. TVD might make a couple bad reads in a game as all QBs do, but for the most part the issues are routes taking forever to develop, and some real headscratchers like calling for double moves when a CB is giving a 12 yard cushion. Even when it may look like a guy is open due to a blitz , TVD is usually running for his life because he doesn't have any hot routes. It's easy to blame TVD but Roman shows a shocking comparison between Lashlees O and Gattis O.

TVD didn't suddenly forget how to throw a pass. I mentioned in another thread that I can't remember anytime in cfb where a QB, for non-injury reasons, went from all-conference to complete train wreck in a span of 3 games. Some of it is on TVD because he is letting the frustration with the offense affect his performance. But most it is on Gattis. I was actually surprised as I thought someone carefully breaking down film might defend Gattis and say he's getting a bad rap and scheming guys open (as a few posters here claimed). Nope. It's as bad as it looks. Garcia might be marginally better in the offense but I don't think he's going to fix the underlying problems.
This is the right take. I’ve never been a huge TVD fan. However, he’s a lot better than this offense is allowing him to be. He’s very capable of being a top tire D1 quarterback. The problem is clearly the scheme and the inability of the offensive staff to make adjustments. Facts

Advertisement
Another reason Mario is probably giving him another chance is the fact that, as bad as this season has been thus far, we still haven’t played a conference game yet. As bad as the coastal is, even if TVD struggles again and we drop this game we can insert Garcia next game and still have a shot to win this division.

Finally Gattis is asking instead of telling TVD what works.

“We have been meeting a lot more,” Van Dyke said. “Getting into the meeting rooms together and watching the film and telling them what I like and what I don’t like and try to get that comfortable feeling with them on what type of players we should be running. Just being more with them instead of watching film on my own. Getting in the meeting room and trying to get better with them.”

the eyes don't lie....guys that know football can see the issues plain as day....problem is most of the peeps in here never played and rarely even watch our games and just come in here to post and create hysteria preying on the gullible and stupid.

Advertisement
Fwiw the whole phone number thing is insane and 100% on the coaches. The kids should have been given a list of EVERYONE’S number, to better help them communicate. Truth be told, they should have had a GA upload a list into everyone’s phones. I’ve said as much to the coaches. It’s amateurish and having zero understanding of who your audience is. That in itself is embarrassing. The parents should have a list of every other parents and their contact information as well. How could you EVER build a culture of family/community, if you’re not facilitating the process

With all the focus on the offense, you bring up something that has been overlooked. I can somewhat rationalize TVD being off to a rocky start with a new offensive scheme, especially one that is 180 degrees opposite to his strengths.

Whats Steeles excuse for letting MTSU almost drop a 50 burger? Was MTSU so talented that a highly paid coordinator can't figure out how to neutralize the offense? On O, the 31 points is still less than what Lashlees offenses averaged, but it should be plenty to beat MTSU.
This right here. Hate that Steele keeps getting a free pass.

Even with TVDs abysmal play, we still had a chance if our D didn’t get gashed face down, *** up.

**** was more deplorable to watch than the O struggles. 45 points given up to MTSU… not UGA, but MTSU.

I can live with O struggles this early on with a new OC plus Restrpo, Nelson, Chaney and Citizen out. But the D has absolutely no excuses. None.

This right here. Hate that Steele keeps getting a free pass.

Even with TVDs abysmal play, we still had a chance if our D didn’t get gashed face down, *** up.

**** was more deplorable to watch than the O struggles. 45 points given up to MTSU… not UGA, but MTSU.

I can live with O struggles this early on with a new OC plus Restrpo, Nelson, Chaney and Citizen out. But the D has absolutely no excuses. None.
free pass? says who....

LOOK WHO IS DEAD LAST

Advertisement
What did Mario say?
Mario said the offense sucks because he hired Gattis. It's hard for people to accept TVD is a good QB in a really bad system that Mario signed off on. Mario said they have to change things in the system.

Advertisement
Let's hope TVD shows out the rest of the year..best case scenario is for him to leave after this year.

He did start only 8 games last year when his stock skyrockets.

If I'm Mario I'm taking all the TVD's headlines, draft projections, accolades stats from last year etc, sitting it on Gattis AND Ponce's desk with a simple note of "what changed? Find a way to fix it."
How is this not happening. In my line of work my boss comes over to me and asks why something is being done correctly and how I am going to fix it. And he is unable to do the job I’m doing as that’s not his background. Mario isn’t an offensive wizard but gattis and Ponce have both run their own offense before so they need to figure it out. Ask Kevin smith too considering he was with lane.

Only other guy that pulled a tvd flop
Was last year preseason heisman candidate spencer rattler
I agree a lot is on gattis
But I think tvd just isn’t that good
And he’s always been inconsistent
Even last year We had multiple 3 and outs
And then a bomb to Rambo
Or a busted coverage
The one good thing about gattis is he limits the amount of opportunities for our defense to give up big plays
This defense is also not very good so limiting their time on the field is good

Only other guy that pulled a tvd flop
Was last year preseason heisman candidate spencer rattler
I agree a lot is on gattis
But I think tvd just isn’t that good
And he’s always been inconsistent
Even last year We had multiple 3 and outs
And then a bomb to Rambo
Or a busted coverage
The one good thing about gattis is he limits the amount of opportunities for our defense to give up big plays
This defense is also not very good so limiting their time on the field is good

I initially thought you were writing a poem in iambic pentameter. Rattler's drop off wasn't anywhere near as bad as TVDs. Rattler still had a completion rate of 75%, 11 TDs and 5 INTs when he got pulled. 75% and a better than 2 to 1 TD ratio!

TVD could be an excellent QB in the right system. If he's the QB in an Air Raid he's probably throwing for 35-40 TDs. He is plenty good enough for UM to beat MTSU.

I don't get your criticism about TVD last year. So you are complaining that when we had 3 and outs and the offense bogged down (typically because teams were stacking the box to stop the run), he'd make an opponent pay by going deep to a WR? Loosening up a defense and letting the run game open up is a problem?

I initially thought you were writing a poem in iambic pentameter. Rattler's drop off wasn't anywhere near as bad as TVDs. Rattler still had a completion rate of 75%, 11 TDs and 5 INTs when he got pulled. 75% and a better than 2 to 1 TD ratio!

TVD could be an excellent QB in the right system. If he's the QB in an Air Raid he's probably throwing for 35-40 TDs. He is plenty good enough for UM to beat MTSU.

I don't get your criticism about TVD last year. So you are complaining that when we had 3 and outs and the offense bogged down (typically because teams were stacking the box to stop the run), he'd make an opponent pay by going deep to a WR? Loosening up a defense and letting the run game open up is a problem?
I don’t think tvd is bad
I just don’t think he’s very good
He’s just an avg qb
Who benefitted from a very simple one read system
And teams not having film on him
I think he’s just being exposed for what he is an avg p5 qb
Theres nothing wrong with average I just think Garcia is better and should play

Advertisement
Back