TVD observation

Let's not get caught up in the heroics and forget that he made some god-awful decisions and throws today.
Yes but he made better decisions and better throws as the game went on. As a coach you have to appreciate how much harder it is to make good decisions and good throws with your team down big and rally them as a redshirt freshmen.
You coach football, I coached basketball. Lots of kids can make free throws and good decisions in quarters 1-3. But the kids I want are those who treat quarter 4 the same as quarters 1-3 and still make their free throws. Some of that is talent but a lot of that is just being cool when the game speeds up.

Advertisement
It’s actually the opposite. I think everyone here loves his moxie. The fact of the matter is he’s a supremely flawed and raw D1 quarterback and this program has given us zero evidence it can develop and coach raw talent.
That is very fair. But I would argue you can't teach his arm talent, his height, or even his athleticism on his runs and getting out of blitzes with a shrug. Kid walks onto the field with that.

Disagree. You forget we have the worst hc in Acc and below average line play. He flashed some passes that most qbs in ncaa can’t make but stay hating on one of the young talent.
classic cis to sh$$ on his 1st road game with the worst hc ever at miami and in p5
He had some real accuracy issues and all three picks are 100% on him. Poor decisions.

It’s actually the opposite. I think everyone here loves his moxie. The fact of the matter is he’s a supremely flawed and raw D1 quarterback and this program has given us zero evidence it can develop and coach raw talent.
And he has been here for 2 years, he’s just not that good.
He didn’t even throw a good pass until mid second quarter, hard to watch.

Advertisement
That is very fair. But I would argue you can't teach his arm talent, his height, or even his athleticism on his runs and getting out of blitzes with a shrug. Kid walks onto the field with that.
Arm talent is thrown out the window with his mechanics. He throws off his back foot 100% of the time. And often times looks like he’s moving backwards at an alarming rate while throwing in the pocket.

RS freshman making his first road start and 3rd overall. He made some really, really bad reads, decisions and throws. Yet we were there at the end with a chance to win or tie, albeit against a really bad UNC team.

Based on your porsts most of you have zero clue how much more significant the transition is from HS to college for a QB vs any other position.

He may end up being another in a long line of JAG's at QB since Dorsey, or he may end up making a lot of you eat crow. I don't know and neither so any of you.

But screaming for Garcia, who's only game tape consists of beating up on Central Connecticut State, in the game thread is just advertising your ignorance.

TVD is the best we have right now, and he's not exactly surrounded by the 2001 offense. He's going to make some freshman mistakes that will frustrate the **** out of us: bad reads, decisions and throws. But he's also made some NFL throws in each game he's played in which shows me he has the tools, but he probably needs .ore time to develop before we pull his scholly.

God bless Garcia when he makes his first start.

Advertisement
He’s got a lot of good traits. Maybe he can be developed, I hope he can because he’s likeable.

But he missed a lot of open receivers and stares down his primary reads, hence batted balls and picks.

If he can’t start to hit open guys, the rest is moot.

Let's not get caught up in the heroics and forget that he made some god-awful decisions and throws today.
They want to gift him any and everything that can’t be quantified. Several of his other batted down passes were sure INTs today, the low trajectory actually saved him. The scramble plays were open the entire game and he refused to take the free yardage until the bottom of the ninth inning with 2 outs and he had no other choice. The 2pt conversion pass was beautiful tho. He was gimpy, gassed, his body language read defeated.

Things that people fall in love with but kinda overrated.. I rather accuracy, especially when playmakers are wiiiiiide open in flats and you ground it to them..

Advertisement
TVD will be a great QB in time.

First career start on the road.

You guys gonna blame him for the defense giving up 45 points? ? ?
Why are you saying that he will be great? is there potential? Yes, there is some but there is nothing sure about him being great

Advertisement
Kid showed alot of heart and played a **** of a 2nd half for a 3rd string qb.
Here is the thing, if TVD is third string. Then we are f'd. Because King is not a QB and Jake is a diva. So I guess we better pray for J. Brown. Technically, I remember a skinny kid that wore #11 who was not much of a qb either. Problem is, we do not have the horses he had.

I saw a better pocket presence compared to last game, but a lot more inaccurate. He has a great arm, I wish he could put all together.

Advertisement
Back