TVD observation

He has a 3/4 motion and will need to adjust for that and as a college QB. With his height he got away with throwing like a baseball player in high school but it won't work in college. I'm confident TVD is seeing the same thing and will figure out the adjustment; whether in the motion or some other way. THis is how young players learn. The kid can play and learns over the course of a game.
Bernie Kosar had an even more wonky throwing motion. It's fine if you know how and when to use it. Sometimes you just have to put the darn ball over the LOS, no matter how you have to. He'll be fine.

Advertisement
I remember every guy after that who struggled early in their career and they also struggled at the end.

Sure, he could go down the Dorsey route (nah, I don't believe that for one second) or he could be like the rest that followed.

I'm not sure why people always reach with the exceptions to the norm. The mechanics on this young man need to be completely overhauled for him to find success. Nothing against him, I just don't see it.
I can’t answer for everyone, but here’s why I posted it. I see a kid who had a terrible first half of football and yet he didn’t crumble. He fought his way through it and steadily improved as the game went along. The last two drives of that game made me think back to Dorsey, and despite how it ended, I couldn’t help but hope maybe this kid also has the heart of a champion.

Does he have a great throwing motion? Nope. Vision? Maybe not yet. But maybe, just maybe he has what Ken had, the heart and will power to get it done.

I’m excited to see what he does next, and while he may not end up being that exception, there’s a chance that he may just be.

Here‘s hoping!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back