TVD non committal for bowl game and 2024

A Miami National Championship under Mario Cristobal is exists only in a universe where the coach is severed from the offensive philosophy. It's the only one. The guy seems like as a former o-lineman he can't peel himself away from his desire to coach or at least influence the O through the O-line. Hire coordinators. Leave them alone. Take off the headset. No OC wants to call plays like their mom is listening on the other line.

Advertisement
You can speak for yourself. You and NoBallsBoy. Gen Z boys made of sugar free pudding. Never faced adversity.
Happy Thanksgiving, Number1CuckFan

Adversity LOL. Adversity is dealing with **** football for 20+ years. I’m over adversity, show me results. Show me some wins.

Expectations are different, don’t move goal posts because Mario Saint Cristobal (first of his name, destroyer of QBs, producer of pound the rock into stacked boxes, king of no kneels, creator of conservative clock mis-management, teacher of tuff n fizical, guardian of get back to work, constructor of condensed formations)…is struggling in the worst P5 conference in America.

Grow up and stop hiding from 5-10 in the ACC coward.

Last edited:
Forgive Me Tombstone GIF by Leroy Patterson
I'm a few deep into Kentucky Breakfast Stouts... shake the man's hand.

Advertisement
I get it, but I do feel sorry for him. Past and current staff have failed this kid and the team miserably.

I don't like all the new era of players deciding IF they play in the bowl game or not. shows lack of character. Most of the players in college football are not going into the NFL. So, the bowl game is the last game of organized football they will play in their entire life. All the years of practice, work, and pain end with that game. You have to respect your teammates sacrifice and play all the games of the year. Evern an NFL level guy at a useless bowl game is not above the team. Especially now with NIL, and players being paid. You're an employee now, go ******' play.

Advertisement

Adversity LOL. Adversity is dealing with **** football for 20+ years. I’m over adversity, show me results. Show me some wins.

Expectations are different, don’t move goal posts because Mario Saint Cristobal (first of his name, destroyer of QBs, producer of pound the rock into stacked boxes, king of no kneels, creator of conservative clock mis-management, teacher of tuff n fizical, guardian of get back to work, constructor of condensed formations)…is struggling in the worst P5 conference in America.

Best post I’ve read in a long time

1000003832.gif

Absolutely gut wrenching to read that.

Mario has taken us from an average team in the ACC to a bottom dweller.

His first two years here could not have really been more disappointing. Especially when comparing it to the heights of expectations that were created from an unprecedented investment and appeared alignment from the top down. It felt like for the first time EVER Miami was going to be in a position of leading in investment and alignment.

Some of the things we heard:
Highest paid AD in the country
Highest paid staff in the ACC
Top 5 paid staff in the country
Highest NIL in America
Biggest support staff we've ever had
Unprecedented investment in facilities
State of the art investment in nutrition

And then to go BACKWARDS the first 2 years feels like such a major let down.

Advertisement
TVD: Day by Day, Game at a time.
CIS: **** that.

Mario: Day by Day. Game at a time.
CIS: Smart. Building culture.

Why would TVD play in a meaningless bowl game injured or hitting the portal? -- he wouldn't. Non-story.

Having no QBs on the roster to play the bowl game - that's a Mario problem...

This guy continues to come across as a someone who would rather be any place but here.

... our fan base has railed on him for two years and you wonder why he might want to be any place but Miami next year?

Zero reason to play in a bowl game when this team will either be 7-5 or 6-6 and going to the Pinstripe Bowl against Rutgers or Sun Bowl against Utah.

That and if Dawson is out, that'd mean yet another new offensive coordinator for Van Dyke at Miami—Gattis last year, Lashlee the year before, Enos before that.

Godforbid the kid wants a fresh start at somewhere like an SMU in Lashlee's offense where he did well in 2020.

Advertisement
... our fan base has railed on him for two years and you wonder why he might want to be any place but Miami next year?

Zero reason to play in a bowl game when this team will either be 7-5 or 6-6 and going to the Pinstripe Bowl against Rutgers or Sun Bowl against Utah.

That and if Dawson is out, that'd mean yet another new offensive coordinator for Van Dyke at Miami—Gattis last year, Lashlee the year before, Enos before that.

Godforbid the kid wants a fresh start at somewhere like an SMU in Lashlee's offense where he did well in 2020.
Ahhh, yes, we are at “It’s the fans fault” stage again.

For the millionth time - he’s also not going to SMU unless he’s going there as a backup. They have a #1 QB.

Although I agree with much of your perspective on the state of the program, suggesting Cane fans are at fault for the **** show we’ve seen the last 2 decades is disingenuous at best.

Many Canes fans have mercilessly “railed” against TVD’s performance on the field (as usual) without direct knowledge of the injuries he’s suffered. The coaches are directly responsible for who steps on the field and anger from fans should be redirected at the decision makers.

Quite frankly, it wouldn’t surprise in the least if/when TVD departs. That leaves us with an unproven true sophomore QB, a TE/running back posing as a QB, and a couple of scout team QB’s.

Mario MUST hit on a transfer QB or we’ll be in deep dog doo next year.

Advertisement
Back