TVD non committal for bowl game and 2024

Maybe post / threads like this may have something to do with his decision, just maybe. Forget facts like he has played hurt all season, really hurt. As its all coming out now. This is the same kid who was one of the top QB’s in the country when healthy, physically and mentally and with a scheme that suited. You new “cane fans” take the cake.
The CIS fanbase is hardcore. Any player reading CIS is just asking for it. There's no reason any player to be reading message boards good or bad.

A player needing fandom for his/her own self confidence isn't built for sports.

Advertisement
Hoya - he should’ve not played the UVA & NC State game.

He should’ve sat himself. He has a responsibility to his own body and performance of the team. It’s not just the staff although they bear burden of allowing him to play.

The player (I know, they want to play and think they can) has a say as they know their body.

This is two years in a row where his health has failed him and the team. Everyone plays hurt and some injuries are worse than others. Mario shouldn’t have played him (it was obvious) and TVD himself should’ve not gone out there and made his situation and the teams situation worse than it already was.
I agree with you about Mario and Dawson not playing him. They knew better. Mario did it last year vs FSU. I do not blame TVD. WE'll have to agree to disagree on that point.

It was a miracle last year he didn't get killed behind that OL. After Garcia and JB played those couple of games, are you really surprised they didn't stop TVD from playing?

He's been in a no win situation. If he sits himself, he's soft. None of those injuries were public, other than the hand, until recently. He plays the best he can and it isn't good. He's the object of the fan base's criticism for weeks. Why do you think Mario and Dawson have been so supportive , even with poor performance? They knew he shouldn't play yet they couldn't or wouldn't put Williams or JB (no idea whats up there) on the field.

I think the whole mentality of being tough and physical contributed to the whole fiasco. TVD wasn't going to sit himself unless he actually couldn't walk.

I put the full blame on the staff. Not only for letting him play but for failing to do anything with the offense to help him play better.

I honestly would decline the bowl invitation if we’re going to get beat down like that with a walk-on. Chances are guys like LT, James and Kam sit out too, in order to protect their stock. Our Bowl game won’t mean anything. If we don’t have TVD and Jacurri…it’s wildcat, or worse.

I know some will think it’s a beta mentality to sit it out, but I don’t see how getting the doors blown off us would help in recruiting. God forbid we lose to BC, 6-7 would look infinitely worse. Back-to-back losing seasons, especially a 2023 one where you lose five straight (or if you beat BC, lose four of five) is literally no better than Billy Napier.
I disagree 100%. You as a fan are just worried about being embarrassed. It's a weak mindset NOT wanting to play to simply keep up appearances by not risking having a losing record.

With guys sitting out, it's an opportunity for young players to get 20+ extra practices and game experience. That's critical for their development. Just ask any coach not making a bowl game if he wishes he could get 20-25 extra practice days heading into Spring.

I don't care about a loss or what it looks like. I'm for whatever improves the team for next year.

Last edited:
I disagree 100%. You as a fan are just worried about being embarrassed. With guys sitting out, it's an opportunity for young players to get 20+ extra practices and game experience. That's critical for their development. Just ask any coach not making a bowl game if he wishes he could get 20-25 extra practice days heading into Spring.

I don't care about a loss or what it looks like. I'm for whatever improves the team for next year.
The practice part is important, that’s the only reason.

But make no mistake - we will Get blown out on national television with a PWO at QB, so don’t expect to win.

I see your off your meds again
Alanis Morissette Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Also, it’s you’re* :)

Advertisement
I don't agree with being blown out either. We beat Clemson running the ball and a passing game that any walk-on could execute.
lol. Ok. I’m sure we won’t be missing Cohen, Kam, LT, James, potentially Deen if he chooses to sit out, possibly more…but sure!

Advertisement
You're so soft.

You soft like Charmin. I would think you're related to TVD, but he's 10x tougher than your mindset.
And you’re the perfect MariBro. Mediocrity is acceptable if we just get back to work and play Iowa style! You yourself advocated for it.

The perfect product.

1700705139061.gif

lol. Ok. I’m sure we won’t be missing Cohen, Kam, LT, James, potentially Deen if he chooses to sit out, possibly more…but sure!
He must not remember that time we all laughed at UiF for getting blown out by Oklahoma when Trask, Pitts and company sat out their NY6 bowl game and it hurt their recruiting.

He wants us to play with with PWO QB in a meaningless December bowl game.

Season 5 Lol GIF by Real Husbands of Hollywood

Advertisement
He must not remember that time we all laughed at UiF for getting blown out by Oklahoma when Trask, Pitts and company sat out their NY6 bowl game and it hurt their recruiting.

He wants us to play with with PWO QB in a meaningless December bowl game.

Season 5 Lol GIF by Real Husbands of Hollywood
He is the number one Canes fan, so I should have known logic goes out the window when discussing football.

Dude probably thinks this season was a success.

This thing with TVD being hurt, yeah he was hurt last year and he got knocked around because ether OL was junk. This year he hardly gets hit, and he's hurt. Guy gets hurt from getting farted on, and puts us in a hostage situation prior to eh year starting, and then says this stuff, and based on other quotes he has said, he can't be the most team first player. He's probably a cancer is anything, just one of those guys, we have nothing better to play, so we're stuck.

Advertisement
He is the number one Canes fan, so I should have known logic goes out the window when discussing football.

Dude probably thinks this season was a success.
It’s unreal.

I don’t want our university and team to get further embarrassed just to get 15 more practices if we aren’t going to have a QB.

If we have a QB, sure man. Let’s play whoever we get.

Not with a PWO. Unreal!

Advertisement
Back