TVD non committal for bowl game and 2024

What's sad is that our depth was fine in 2008. We had four QBs - Marve (2 years experience), Harris (1 year), Smith, (1 year), Cook (1 year). Then Marve leaves in the spring of 2009. Then Smith and Cook leave simultaneously in Aug 2009. That leaves us with just Jacory going into the 2009 season.

We got Stephen Morris for 2010, which got us to two (whoopee - terrible depth still).

Then the issue compounded with Shannon's departure. That took Teddy Bridgewater away from us. Despite a strong push for Jacoby Brissett, we ran with just two quarterbacks again in 2011.

Golden then signed three quarterbacks for the 2012 class.

View attachment 267317

I propose a permaban for the next person to post those QB signees. Jesus Christ

Alec Baldwin Drink GIF

Advertisement
Didn't seem like he was a locker room issue in 2021 or through 4 games this year. Seems like he's only a "locker room issue" when the offense isn't doing well. And personally I don't think that's 100% his fault/issue. I don't even think he's primarily responsible for the failures on offense.

I think TVD has a high ceiling and with the right offense/culture we've seen how good he can be. And I think that's the coaches' job to get that out of him and he'll create that environment. I doubt we'll get somebody out of the portal with as high a ceiling at TVD.
Disagree. He is from the old regime and needs a fresh start elsewhere and we need a qb who believes in Mario and his offenses

Whether or not I’d rather it is fun or exciting Mario is the head coach and we need alignment from qb and HC. Mario isn’t going elsewhere, time to have TVD go somewhere else and hopefully find success

Advertisement
I have no issue with what he said. He just said that when he starts thinking about the future is when he starts ******** up. If that’s the case then I have no issue.
Go Canes!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Maybe post / threads like this may have something to do with his decision, just maybe. Forget facts like he has played hurt all season, really hurt. As its all coming out now. This is the same kid who was one of the top QB’s in the country when healthy, physically and mentally and with a scheme that suited. You new “cane fans” take the cake.
He SUCKS!

I honestly would decline the bowl invitation if we’re going to get beat down like that with a walk-on. Chances are guys like LT, James and Kam sit out too, in order to protect their stock. Our Bowl game won’t mean anything. If we don’t have TVD and Jacurri…it’s wildcat, or worse.

I know some will think it’s a beta mentality to sit it out, but I don’t see how getting the doors blown off us would help in recruiting. God forbid we lose to BC, 6-7 would look infinitely worse. Back-to-back losing seasons, especially a 2023 one where you lose five straight (or if you beat BC, lose four of five) is literally no better than Billy Napier.
I see your off your meds again

If I remember correctly, he had to play qb in HS playoffs when Palmetto' s first 2 qbs were injured. 1 game he tore it up, but the next game, he couldn't out athlete the 9 in the box.
Tbh, I'm so over TVD, and if we don't win Friday, I wish we wouldn't even go to a lowly bowl game. That said, Go Canes 🏈
From what I understand you have to be willing to fill in ACC bowl slot if elgible. ACC bylaws. Could be misinformed

Advertisement
Back