TVD news

Advertisement
David Lake, 247:

"So my understanding on the TVD deal...

He is dealing with a lower extremity injury from the UNC game and he was pretty limited all week at practice. I think he will give it a go during warm-ups and see how he feels. I wouldn't be surprised if he gives it a go today. If he can't finish the game, Emory Williams got plenty of first team reps this week and I also wouldn't be surprised to see a Jacurri Brown package as well."

"Pretty fluid situation, so let's see how it plays out."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will be ****ed if Mario makes Williams split reps with Brown. That's a loser mentality and I "hope" Mario is better than that. If TVD cannot go, which we all know he cannot, then this should be Emory Williams game.

The big question I still have is how many first team reps did Williams get this week? The Ga Tech game really has me shook about Mario's IQ. My fear is that Mario didn't fully prepare the offense to function around Emory Williams.

Here's hoping.
Brown can help with the run game, totally disagree with that. He brings a different element especially of they are stuffing the backs.

I haven't posted since before the UNC game a week ago. Much needed psychic break from the madness of CIS. I'll just say this about TVD. I thought he was NFL starting level and I was flat out wrong. He has so much he needs to improve just to stick on a practice squad. So if he's not healthy, then sit out because he has the rest of this season and the rest of next season to work through the kinks, either at Miami or with another college team.

I saw nothing in Emory that leads me to believe he's ready. Great raw clay but ready to face Clemson's defense? Not yet IMHO. And we know what we have for the most part with Brown. No way is he ready to handle more than a series or two vs. a legit ACC team.

Which brings us to Mario and Dawson. We all knew we needed at QB headed into this season to back the kid up, yet we failed to go out and find one. Kudos to the coaches for shoring up the other holes on the roster. But no backup QB? That's negligence.

... So let's ride and see what happens tonight. What a crazy season.

Advertisement
michael jordan laughing GIF
They have rights bro. Unacceptable bro. It’s not funny bro.

Advertisement
very solid cahnce that if dawson calls a kneel play against GT, and then parrish doesn't fumble at the goal line vs UNC - we'd be undefeated right now

we'd also wouldn't have dumbass posts like this flooding the board right now
Had we not thrown 3 unnecessarily Ints vs ga tech when the QB has all day to throw we wouldn't be discussing a kneel down but both were brutal

very solid cahnce that if dawson calls a kneel play against GT, and then parrish doesn't fumble at the goal line vs UNC - we'd be undefeated right now

we'd also wouldn't have dumbass posts like this flooding the board right now
Dawson? The HC makes that decision 100 out of 100 times. Just like fourth downs. And you’re reaching thinking we beat UNC if we don’t choke against GT.

Had we not thrown 3 unnecessarily Ints vs ga tech when the QB has all day to throw we wouldn't be discussing a kneel down but both were brutal
two things to this point

emory and jacurri aren't as good as TVD so there's really no point in whining about him being our QB as there are no better options to finish the year

and secondly, i don't remember seeing you post after the A&M game where he torched them, and not just with wide open throws but several NFL throws

tvd is not perfect, he's the best we got, and he's still the best QB we've had in two decades

Top QBs in country? Come on

He's decent and puts up stats some games but no where close to a top QB

Toughness? How many games did he miss or come out of last year

I root for him. Hope he does well every game but just don't see it never have.
So a QB missing games lasy year with a messed up shoulder (and even trying to play in a few with that messed up shoulder) means he's not tough? You are spewing some serious nonsense on here.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This makes no sense. Even as bad as we played the offense still put us in position to win and our HC went full R word. Nothing matters after he didn’t kneel the ball like any coach with sense would do. That’s not TVD’s fault , THE GAME WAS OVER.

i would agree with you normally but looking at the video it seemed very evident attention was on dawson
Mario said “ run the ball” and that’s after he was told the game was over after GT‘s last timeout. No OC on the planet has the power to make that call or telling a HC to go for it. Lord Mario did the same thing he did at Oregon. We also haven’t kneeled the ball all year.

This makes no sense. Even as bad as we played the offense still put us in position to win and our HC went full R word. Nothing matters after he didn’t kneel the ball like any coach with sense would do. That’s not TVD’s fault , THE GAME WAS OVER.
I agree with you except
"As bad as we played"

No TVD played awful or we win by 20+

TVD..tough? Lol…what are some on here smoking!
Softer than walmart toilet paper…and not much behind him..that’s on Wario Cristobum
You’re a moron. He’s not elite but to claim he doesn’t play b/c of injuries is just next level stupidity. Got murdered behind a **** OL last year and has been playing injured all this yr.

Advertisement
Back