TVD Media Interview (9/20)

Yeah. We'll see what happens. I was really disappointed we lost a game we all know we could've won, but we were the underdogs according to the spread and we knew we'd lose games this year so I just need to give the players and the coaches time and relax a bit. Let the season play out more
for me its not about losing. its about the same issues we have offensively week in and week out so far. it is early though. I complained last week. I said lets see this secret playbook everyone promised

Advertisement
I really do believe that TVD is frustrated. Not necessarily because of the offense itself but maybe it's his learning curve in it. The take that he is a one read guy isn't accurate when you think about some of the film breakdowns from Roman Marciante last year where he detailed how TVD was identifying the coverage and using his shoulders to manipulate the safety.

For example, I started a new job in February 2022. I was extremely frustrated for the first 60 days. Not because of the job itself but because I was having a hard time adapting to the computer programs the new company uses. The job itself was fine. Once I got acclimated and comfortable with how to utilize my work tools, everything slowed down and I was able to be productive. I wonder if he is experiencing something similar. Does the offense need to be simplified? Is he too reliant on working with one guy (Restrepo)? I do not know the answers but I am optimistic that the coaching staff will make the requisite adjustments, and things slow down again for TVD.

for me its not about losing. its about the same issues we have offensively week in and week out so far. it is early though. I complained last week. I said lets see this secret playbook everyone promised
Losing is frustrating, the way we lost is frustrating, but I'd be lying if I said losing didn't have to do with it lol. You learn more from your failures than your victories though. The coaches are working on things and need to keep the players confident and bought in. Don't want to blow the loss or disappointment out of proportion. If we're still playing this way at the end of the season then I'll be really disappointed, but I'll give the coaches the benefit of the doubt that they'll improve every week.

I thought we'd win 9 games this year. Need to remind myself of that when we lose games

I really do believe that TVD is frustrated. Not necessarily because of the offense itself but maybe it's his learning curve in it. The take that he is a one read guy isn't accurate when you think about some of the film breakdowns from Roman Marciante last year where he detailed how TVD was identifying the coverage and using his shoulders to manipulate the safety.

For example, I started a new job in February 2022. I was extremely frustrated for the first 60 days. Not because of the job itself but because I was having a hard time adapting to the computer programs the new company uses. The job itself was fine. Once I got acclimated and comfortable with how to utilize my work tools, everything slowed down and I was able to be productive. I wonder if he is experiencing something similar. Does the offense need to be simplified? Is he too reliant on working with one guy (Restrepo)? I do not know the answers but I am optimistic that the coaching staff will make the requisite adjustments, and things slow down again for TVD.
He definitely seems frustrated from the presser today but again he just lost a big game and he's a competitor that is to be expected.

Game will slow down for him when he is more familiar with the playbook and his receivers. He lost all of his main targets last year and we're running a completely new offense.

I wanted to see Garcia last week because I feel like TVD was too in his head and thinking too much and I hoped Garcia could help us come out of College Station with a big W. I can see how that might be short sighted, if it risks blowing TVDs confidence, but I feel like college football is different than the NFL where you've got 17 games before the playoffs. In college, games matter more and I really wanted to win and thought he just was having a bad game.

I know people blasted me for saying we should be ready to give Garcia a shot if TVD struggles like that again in a game we need to win and maybe I'm not seeing the bigger picture, I just hate losing games and could tell he was way too in his head that night.

I don't see what the coaches see though. If they're sticking with TVD its because they think he gives us the best chance to win and he's the best guy in the room. Obviously we haven't seen any meaningful snaps from Garcia, I just like what I've seen from him. Not trying to make another thread about Garcia being able to play though so I'm going to stop here lol

He definitely seems frustrated from the presser today but again he just lost a big game and he's a competitor that is to be expected.

Game will slow down for him when he is more familiar with the playbook and his receivers. He lost all of his main targets last year and we're running a completely new offense.

I wanted to see Garcia last week because I feel like TVD was too in his head and thinking too much and I hoped Garcia could help us come out of College Station with a big W. I can see how that might be short sighted, if it risks blowing TVDs confidence, but I feel like college football is different than the NFL where you've got 17 games before the playoffs. In college, games matter more and I really wanted to win and thought he just was having a bad game.

I know people blasted me for saying we should be ready to give Garcia a shot if TVD struggles like that again in a game we need to win and maybe I'm not seeing the bigger picture, I just hate losing games and could tell he was way too in his head that night.

I don't see what the coaches see though. If they're sticking with TVD its because they think he gives us the best chance to win and he's the best guy in the room. Obviously we haven't seen any meaningful snaps from Garcia, I just like what I've seen from him. Not trying to make another thread about Garcia being able to play though so I'm going to stop here lol

I hear you, my man, and agree. Always remember that the backup QB is always the most popular dude when the offense struggles. I would also like to have seen Garcia get some burn but maybe the staff recognizes that TVD is still getting comfortable with the new scheme, and are prioritizing his continued immersion with an eye on the conference schedule.

Advertisement
Start taking your complainin azzes to games instead of posting in the Gameday Discussion. Let’s start there.

IMO very telling to me things he said.. seems to be changes coming.. a “little more” of what we saw last year.. you can definitely tell this new system has been a struggle for him.

SIAP

So they’re doing what I’ve been saying for a month and even more since Saturday? Weird.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back