TVD Media Interview (9/20)

He was professional acting as usual, but he did seem more downtrodden than usual. Still hoping our O can make the needed adjustments and become more successful. Go Canes šŸˆ
Agreed. Don't blame him though for feeling down. We're all feeling down about the results of last Saturday and we're just fans. This guy and the team are actually putting work in to have better results every day.

I want to see confidence and comfort on the field next Saturday, but idgaf that he was more down than normal a couple days after a brutal loss.

Advertisement
Asked about what the biggest differences and hardest adjustments were from last years more fast paced spread offense vs this years
Also asked him about his confidence level and about getting hit in games and how he responds to getting hit by defenders.

Listening to the interview and his answer about his confidence level it seems like he doesn't have a lot of confidence in the offense.

It is not easy to learn a new more complicated offense over the summer with a new coaching staff after you lose your two biggest weapons that you used to check down to constantly from last year (Rambo and Harley). I really feel for TVD since its a lot of change and he has much bigger expectations after he flashed some brilliance last year.

I do feel like we overhyped him a little bit which adds to the situation. Even last year he would make brilliant throws that make you **** your pants and miss passes that make you scream at the TV lol. He needs to work on his consistency and with all of the change that happened I don't feel like he's been able to focus on that.

If you're sticking with him and believe in him Gattis has to incorporate more things he's comfortable with to ease him into the change and help him buy in. You need the leaders of your team to believe in the gameplan and system and feel comfortable that they can execute it

Advertisement
She had her first good day just like Ivey
IVEY AND SUSAN DOMINATING THE WEEK?!

GIF by Ghostbusters

Listening to the interview and his answer about his confidence level it seems like he doesn't have a lot of confidence in the offense.

It is not easy to learn a new more complicated offense over the summer with a new coaching staff after you lose your two biggest weapons that you used to check down to constantly from last year (Rambo and Harley). I really feel for TVD since its a lot of change and he has much bigger expectations after he flashed some brilliance last year.

I do feel like we overhyped him a little bit which adds to the situation. Even last year he would make brilliant throws that make you **** your pants and miss passes that make you scream at the TV lol. He needs to work on his consistency and with all of the change that happened I don't feel like he's been able to focus on that.

If you're sticking with him and believe in him Gattis has to incorporate more things he's comfortable with to ease him into the change and help him buy in. You need the leaders of your team to believe in the gameplan and system and feel comfortable that they can execute it
overhyped him? hes not perfect but his play in lashlees scheme warranted the hype he received. he produced burrow like numbers as a redshirt sophomore taking over for a injured season.

I agree on the last part - its on the coaches to get their guys to feel comfortable and excel.

overhyped him? hes not perfect but his play in lashlees scheme warranted the hype he received. he produced burrow like numbers as a redshirt sophomore taking over for a injured season.

I agree on the last part - its on the coaches to get their guys to feel comfortable and excel.
Burrow put up the best numbers in CFB history I hate when people say he put up Burrow like numbers because he didn't and it isn't a fair comparison.

He was very inconsistent last year where he'd play great one half and poorly another half. He got a ton of opportunities because we had injuries at RB and were ineffective running the ball. He played very well and was 11th in the country in QBR.

Your comment is what I'm talking about. He was not Joe Burrow, and no one ever has been except for Joe Burrow. Using him as the comparison is setting him up for disappointment.

Advertisement
Burrow put up the best numbers in CFB history I hate when people say he put up Burrow like numbers because he didn't and it isn't a fair comparison.

He was very inconsistent last year where he'd play great one half and poorly another half. He got a ton of opportunities because we had injuries at RB and were ineffective running the ball. He played very well and was 11th in the country in QBR.

Your comment is what I'm talking about. He was not Joe Burrow, and no one ever has been except for Joe Burrow. Using him as the comparison is setting him up for disappointment.

his run he put up last year was only matched by burrow and sunshine. that was a fact.

So what? 300 yards and 3 TDs is an arbitrary cutoff that misses a lot of context for a full evaluation.
I didnt say he was burrow. I said he put up numbers only matched by those 2 in that span. name another guy who started their career like that? ill wait.

I guess CIs continues their run of defending coaches till the sun goes down and **** on their players till the end of the year rolls around and realizes its not the players but the coaches. y'all will wait for the stories when gattis is gone like we get from Manny staff richt staff etc

I didnt say he was burrow. I said he put up numbers only matched by those 2 in that span. name another guy who started their career like that? ill wait.

I guess CIs continues their run of defending coaches till the sun goes down and **** on their players till the end of the year rolls around and realizes its not the players but the coaches. y'all will wait for the stories when gattis is gone like we get from Manny staff richt staff etc
1. You said he produced Burrow like numbers and he didn't. Burrow averaged close to 50 yards and a touchdown more than TVD did per game with a way better pass rating.

2. "Name another player who started their career like that? ill wait" started their career like what? with an arbitrary number of consecutive games with more than x amount of yards and touchdowns in their first season? That is the end all be all metric you use?

There are plenty of QBs who had better first years than TVD.

Looks like you edited your comment to include this, "I guess CIs continues their run of defending coaches till the sun goes down and **** on their players till the end of the year rolls around and realizes its not the players but the coaches. y'all will wait for the stories when gattis is gone like we get from Manny staff richt staff etc"

You're missing the point brother--by placing unrealistic expectations on the kid like you're doing, you're not being fair to him. It is fine to say he has a ton of talent and potential, but quit comparing him to Joe Burrow and acting like he's there when he isn't. It is so stupid and unfair to the kid.

This isn't about the coaches either. They're not doing him any favors by asking him to learn a new offense. he clearly looks uncomfortable and as a coach you should play to your teams strengths that includes your star qb.

Advertisement
He looks tired to me. I'm sure it's been a very long three days....

Travel back, team meetings, film, practice, school and extra throwing. Not easy for anyone and TVD expects alot of himself.

I didn't get the feeling he was not confident or dislikes the offense at all. He specifically said there will be more mixed in of stuff they did well last year.

Common guys.......who from CIS fed Susan the questions she asked? We won't hold your friendship with her against you!
I gotta believe Susan was not happy about the offense going into a shell in the red zone Saturday night.

(Iā€™ve also halfway talked myself into believing that Susan actually knows what the ā€œred zoneā€ is).

1. You said he produced Burrow like numbers and he didn't. Burrow averaged close to 50 yards and a touchdown more than TVD did per game with a way better pass rating.

2. "Name another player who started their career like that? ill wait" started their career like what? with an arbitrary number of consecutive games with more than x amount of yards and touchdowns in their first season? That is the end all be all metric you use?

There are plenty of QBs who had better first years than TVD.

Looks like you edited your comment to include this, "I guess CIs continues their run of defending coaches till the sun goes down and **** on their players till the end of the year rolls around and realizes its not the players but the coaches. y'all will wait for the stories when gattis is gone like we get from Manny staff richt staff etc"

You're missing the point brother--by placing unrealistic expectations on the kid like you're doing, you're not being fair to him. It is fine to say he has a ton of talent and potential, but quit comparing him to Joe Burrow and acting like he's there when he isn't. It is so stupid and unfair to the kid.

This isn't about the coaches either. They're not doing him any favors by asking him to learn a new offense. he clearly looks uncomfortable and as a coach you should play to your teams strengths that includes your star qb.
who are the "plenty of QBs" who produced 25 TDs 6 Ints 2900 yards and 63% in 8 games as a freshman?

im not even asking him to be Burrow (well never see a burrow like season that was historic). im asking him to be one of the 10 best QBs in the country which he was last year.

like you said, coaching is failing him right now. hopefully they adjust otherwise just tank the year and shout the "when my guys are in here"

we got plenty of games to turn what is an abysmal passing offense

Advertisement
who are the "plenty of QBs" who produced 25 TDs 6 Ints 2900 yards and 63% in 8 games as a freshman?

im not even asking him to be Burrow (well never see a burrow like season that was historic). im asking him to be one of the 10 best QBs in the country which he was last year.

like you said, coaching is failing him right now. hopefully they adjust otherwise just tank the year and shout the "when my guys are in here"

we got plenty of games to turn what is an abysmal passing offense
I'll find a list of QBs who had comparable first seasons playing to him. He had a great season I'm not saying it wasn't great, just that he got more hype than the play deserved because he's in Miami and it is one of the only programs in a major media market so it gets more exposure and hype when things look good.

Btw he had 62.3% competion percentage and he played 9 games

I'll find a list of QBs who had comparable first seasons playing to him. He had a great season I'm not saying it wasn't great, just that he got more hype than the play deserved because he's in Miami and it is one of the only programs in a major media market so it gets more exposure and hype when things look good.

Btw he had 62.1% competion percentage and he played 9 games
he played an entire 8 game. he split w Jake in that CCSU game after King got hurt

fyi - miami isnt a major media market. its actually closer to a middle market than a major market

he played an entire 8 game. he split w Jake in that CCSU game after King got hurt
I know but you counted his stats from the central CT game where he had 3 TDs and 270 yards but don't want to count him as having played that game lol

Advertisement
Back