TVD as an "IMPACT PLAYER" in 2022

Advertisement
By definition the QB IS an impact guy. Look at Free Shoes U .. for about 6 years in a row they were mentioned pre-season as national championship contenders ... only to end up 8-4 or 9-3. Then Jameis arrived and elevated the production of the entire roster. TVD is THE GUY this year. If the OL steps it up a notch ... and of course a few WR's finally catch the ball with consistency. Look out.

Have a feeling TVD will have a good season. But i am hesitant on the Heisman talks. With the lack of WR1 and the fact i think Mario will put more emphasis on running the ball, I think it will be hard to replicate the tear he went on the last 6 games or so of last year.
I agree. His stats may suffer but for this offense to be truly effective we need a better ground game. TVD did his best work in the RPO, if the ground game is working he could play much more efficiently. Ultimately if he plays All-ACC ball we probably win 10 regular season games.

Advertisement
I agree. His stats may suffer but for this offense to be truly effective we need a better ground game. TVD did his best work in the RPO, if the ground game is working he could play much more efficiently. Ultimately if he plays All-ACC ball we probably win 10 regular season games.
I think his Ypc will dip because I don’t expect as many deep shots. But I do think he’ll have a chance at a higher completion percentage because of simpler / shorter throws. The te’s and rb’s should have a bigger impact in this offense. I also expect the running game to be dramatically better which will open the play action game and the middle of the field. It’ll be different.

Last edited:
Have a feeling TVD will have a good season. But i am hesitant on the Heisman talks. With the lack of WR1 and the fact i think Mario will put more emphasis on running the ball, I think it will be hard to replicate the tear he went on the last 6 games or so of last year.
I think Gattis is a good thing for TVD. It’s odd how people (not saying you) trashed Lashlee last year and then once he left suddenly he was this offensive guru that was the QB whisperer

Maybe we don’t throw it 50 times a game, but also Lashlee wasn’t doing TVD many favors, Virginia, UNC, FSU….any big game we ever had Lashlee went into a shell etc

Losing Rambo is a pretty big blow when you go back and watch the games from last year. He won so many battles.

Gattis is still a big play offensive coordinator and TVD is a big play QB. I think we will be pleasantly surprised there though I’m with you, Heisman talk is a bit premature for me

Facts. Also, if we had any resemblance of an above average DEF, last year with TVD we'd likely ran the table after the Michigan State game. But that also means we'd likely still have Manny and...and Lashlee likely still bolts for SMU when that job opens.

Bottom like is I agree with JP, the ACC is wide open outside of Clemson and we have what we need to get it done in TVD along with finally having the first real coaching staff since Mark Richt came over.

Advertisement
Here’s a hypothetical ?; let’s say TVD has a Kaaya type of Jr yr, one that shows good stats, but in spurts vs. consistency: Does he come back for another yr, in u all’s opinions, or does he leave regardless?

Here’s a hypothetical ?; let’s say TVD has a Kaaya type of Jr yr, one that shows good stats, but in spurts vs. consistency: Does he come back for another yr, in u all’s opinions, or does he leave regardless?
I just got this weird gut feeling if we show real progress and he thinks we can make a serious run, he comes back

But that’s just my opinion

Advertisement
I’d imagine he’s probably gone barring the bottom falling out. TVD has arm strength Kaaya could only dream about. Some team will fall in love with it. Mahomes and Allen made the risky big armed guy worth picking early. (Not saying he’s either of those guys)

I think his Ypc will dip because I don’t expect as many deep shots. But I do think he’ll have a chance at a higher completion percentage because of simpler / shorter throws. The te’s and rb’s should have a bigger impact in this offense. I also expect the running game to be dramatically better which will open the play action game and the middle of the field. It’ll be different.
I think so too. Unless someone has Rambo type second half this offense will be more death by a thousand paper cuts.

I’d imagine he’s probably gone barring the bottom falling out. TVD has arm strength Kaaya could only dream about. Some team will fall in love with it. Mahomes and Allen made the risky big armed guy worth picking early. (Not saying he’s either of those guys)

TrumpyCane thinks Kaaya wishes he had an ounce of TVD’s athleticism

Advertisement
NIL

@Brooklyndee You buying the hype? Am I the only one not sold TVD will live up to these expectations?
You're looking at it the wrong way and it's not fair to Tyler. Tyler isn't the one telling the fanbase to put this on him. He's gone about the game the same way since day 1 that he does now. He still has tons of room to grow. BUT he's starting off the season with a good base. He has TONS of upside and his mental approach to the game is top notch. He has plenty of room to grow AND BE KNOWS THAT. But the whole hype thing is simply something that fans are doing because they want something out of him. What I'd say is simply come in with an open mind that he will put us in a great position to win games. Whether that's because he's carrying us or because he's not harming us well just have to see. Yet again I'd tell y'all GET BACK TO BEING FANS & SIMPLY ENJOY THE GAME. If y'all just enjoy the process it'll be an amazing season as it's a whole new day to be a cane...

Advertisement
Back