TVD as an "IMPACT PLAYER" in 2022

I think TVD is poised for a big year because I see breakout years from 4 of our wide receivers. TVD can make all the throws and these 4 guys will step up. No question the new and improved staff have helped these guys improve a lot since last year.

Restrepo
Dude came into his own and showed toughness and reliability. He has QB trust. And he has gotten bigger and better. Year 3 coming up. He and Tyler have IT.

Key'Shawn Smith
Will be our #1 wideout. Speed, mobility, attitude and good hands. Look out. Year 3. 33 catches for 405 yds. His time to shine.

Romello Brinson
Dude was flashy as all get out last year when in the lineup. Good hands and quickness. Year 2 but with the bigger dogs gone he will get his shot. We need him to belong at Miami in a hurry cuz some boys are comin' in the next 2 classes. Dude had offers from all the top programs across the country coming out and he will be a tough 3rd receiver to cover this year from what I saw last year.

Jacolby George

He showed excellent speed and quickness last year. Of all the receivers mentioned he has the easiest path to get better with this staff. Speed kills and he's got it. We will take advantage of his skills in spreading out the defense. Year 2. Can he make the jump?

Advertisement
The hype around TVD is the 6 consecutive games of 300+ yards and 3 TD passes. The only other QB to do that in the last 20+ years is Joe Brady. That's where the hype is from. IF he keeps that streak going, we are in for a good season because our rushing attack is going to be much improved and so is our defense.

Agreed, TVD is one of the more impactful players for all of CFB for the 2022 season. Tyler is going to light it up when called upon by Gattis.
You heard about the Oregon Fan Base criticism of CMC,that he held back Justin Herbert lol.My biggest fear is that TVD has to overcome the burden of learning new Offense and also overcome the dreaded Sophomore Jinx

Facts. Also, if we had any resemblance of an above average DEF, last year with TVD we'd likely ran the table after the Michigan State game. But that also means we'd likely still have Manny and...and Lashlee likely still bolts for SMU when that job opens.

Bottom like is I agree with JP, the ACC is wide open outside of Clemson and we have what we need to get it done in TVD along with finally having the first real coaching staff since Mark Richt came over.
Best Staff since Butch.Richt's Staff was ****** to be honest lol

I think you guys are gonna end up disappointing yourselves but not because Tyler isn’t good. Tyler is a stud who’s only going to get better and better. With that said Tyler’s best ball will be played in the nfl. Grouping him with young or shroud will only hurt your feelings because truthfully they have an unfair advantage over him talent wise. Tyler will be good. Heisman talks probably are premature

Advertisement
Best Staff since Butch.Richt's Staff was ****** to be honest lol
I can't argue that lol. Richt was proven though so his staff was above reproof at the time. Outside of his QB coaching son, the staff had our players accomplish the only Coastal title in our tenure with the ACC...and only double digit winning season since like 2003/2004.

Have to give credit where credit is due lol

I think you guys are gonna end up disappointing yourselves but not because Tyler isn’t good. Tyler is a stud who’s only going to get better and better. With that said Tyler’s best ball will be played in the nfl. Grouping him with young or shroud will only hurt your feelings because truthfully they have an unfair advantage over him talent wise. Tyler will be good. Heisman talks probably are premature
Heisman talk is beyond premature & typical offseason homerism...

The 3 Heisman finalist last year:

Bryce Young - 4,872yds 47TD’s & 7INT’s at 66.9%cmp off 547 attempts

Kenny Pickett - 4,319yds 42TD’s & 7INT’s at 67.2%cmp off 497 attempts

CJ Stroud - 4,435yds 44TD’s & 6INT’s at 71.9%cmp off 441 attempts

We for **** sure ain’t throwing the ball that much in this offense lol

Our best bet is to hope the Inside-Out TE-centric Run heavy offense takes hold early & puts us in position to some games, but people expecting big time numbers are really just falling victim to offseason naïveté & not really looking at the makeup of the team objectively.

We still have a quite a few question marks on both Offense & the reality is, we’re hoping some guys perform well above anything they’ve shown thus far, maybe they will, but there’s not really much to base it on besides fan-hope, which we all know how that usually works lol.

I think most fans are expecting a year 4 team in year 1 & really don’t realize this style isn’t going to take the world by storm overnight. We’re not going to be playing an immediately transferable type of game that results in instant success, this is a slow build & will take time...

Heisman talk is beyond premature & typical offseason homerism...

The 3 Heisman finalist last year:

Bryce Young - 4,872yds 47TD’s & 7INT’s at 66.9%cmp off 547 attempts

Kenny Pickett - 4,319yds 42TD’s & 7INT’s at 67.2%cmp off 497 attempts

CJ Stroud - 4,435yds 44TD’s & 6INT’s at 71.9%cmp off 441 attempts

We for **** sure ain’t throwing the ball that much in this offense lol

Our best bet is to hope the Inside-Out TE-centric Run heavy offense takes hold early & puts us in position to some games, but people expecting big time numbers are really just falling victim to offseason naïveté & not really looking at the makeup of the team objectively.

We still have a quite a few question marks on both Offense & the reality is, we’re hoping some guys perform well above anything they’ve shown thus far, maybe they will, but there’s not really much to base it on besides fan-hope, which we all know how that usually works lol.

I think most fans are expecting a year 4 team in year 1 & really don’t realize this style isn’t going to take the world by storm overnight. We’re not going to be playing an immediately transferable type of game that results in instant success, this is a slow build & will take time...
My thoughts exactly. Tyler’s natural talent will shine through but there will be a natural adjustment period during which we play a pretty good sec team in the middle of. Tyler will win us games next year but this scheme will take time to take shape. Unless by some chance skinner and arroyo are Kyle pitts and brock bowers. Then we rolling

Advertisement
1655329887109.png

This clown has Hooker as a better QB than TVD. Has he ever seen him play?

Advertisement
nah, he put up incredible stats his last 6 games behind a porous OL and suspect run-game without flinching.

He straight up carried our team the back half of last season and should be on the Heisman watch.

Last edited:
nah, he put up incredible stats his last 6 games with a porous OL and suspect run-game without flinching.

He straight up carried our team the back half of last season and should be on the Heisman watch.
That’s irresponsible to say without context. He put up crazy numbers, with no film out on him, in a vertical passing offense. Neither of those things are true anymore. He has all the talent in the world but if you believe he should be heisman talks before even seeing him in this offense, you’re a orange and green shades guy

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back