TVD Announced as Starter

As the old saying goes, “if at first you don’t succeed, do the thing that failed the last five times again.”

19.gif

Advertisement
All you pussies that have a wet spot in your pants, TVI will start and look decent and keep us in the game (or not) and then ultimately throw a pick or two and in will come JB. We will then see if he is the better option. Calm down and see how it plays out. We only have the Howard Trophy to lose!!
You opinion means nothing to Mario. Decision made. Let's roll with it. Just ******* win the game, whatever it takes.

then put that on the billboard everyone paid for
There’s a lot id like to put on a billboard. Unfortunately the admin cares more about interceding to prevent unflattering billboards than it does about winning games.

Advertisement
I don't quite get the response from CIS. I probably do the same thing if I was coach. In practice, TVD probably looks better. I mean, we chose to go with Emory, who's been here a few months over JB. While Emory hasn't turned it over, he's struggled. They have no confidence in JB throwing the ball.

If I had to make the call, I probably go TVD with a super short leash.

Either way, the real answer is they probably both suck and were going to lose regardless. You guys really having selective memory on JB last year. Don't care if you paste numbers from GT game. Either way, we're ****ed and that's on no one but Mario for not bringing in backup plans.

They bet on getting the good TVD from his freshman year when they offered him NIL to stay. They bet wrong, as did a lot of fans. And we're ****ed.

Lastly, say I'm JB and I've let coaches know I'm leaving (not saying it's true). Say I already have my landing spot chosen. No effing way I play in a game and potential look bad and risk that transfer opportunity. If I had to guess, the decision was originally made for JB to redshirt and develop. Once the call was made to go Emory and the developing didn't happen, I'd bet transferring became a more realistic option.
I have no confidence in TVD throwing in a real game. His last several games have proven that. They hardly know what the have with JB under
live fire yet TVD gets chance after chance to continue to fail in real games.

Have we gotten it all out of our systems yet?

Louisville has a really good run defense.

You have to pass to setup the run against them.

Jacurri is a 💯 run first QB with virtually no chance to win throwing.

I doubt Bozo the Corch put this much thought into it, but TVD is the only option even if he’s a long shot to pull it off.

already been negged into oblivion for this take...Ville is a terrible matchup for us...imo will be our biggest loss scoring margin of the year.
idgaf what vegas thinks.
I been saying it for a few weeks now, that they were absolutely the best team we play and will probably beat us pretty badly.

Have we gotten it all out of our systems yet?

Louisville has a really good run defense.

You have to pass to setup the run against them.

Jacurri is a 💯 run first QB with virtually no chance to win throwing.

I doubt Bozo the Corch put this much thought into it, but TVD is the only option even if he’s a long shot to pull it off.
Then pull out something crazy like the triple
option for JB. The only thing recent TVD is a guarantee for is 2 picks.

Advertisement
I have no confidence in TVD throwing in a real game. His last several games have proven that. They hardly know what the have with JB under
live fire yet TVD gets chance after chance to continue to fail in real games.
So do we go with someone who plays well in practice, but ***** the bed in games or someone that can't even play well in practice? We're just ****ed mam.

The coaches have shown they'll go with Emory, a true freshman. They're telling you how ****ed we are by going back to TVD.

We will probably never know the real reason on jb. If he ends up transferring, then we can probably put 2 and 2 together.

This thread is odd. Hard to understand why so many are surprised they are going with TVD over a healthy and good to go Brown. They in this case are football coaches. They go with what they know, when they have no good options. They don’t trust either guy, but they are gambling they can get TVD straight. It’s unlikely. I do hope we see set plays for Brown, where he runs and passes. Remember last year brown was good on the short stuff an abysmal on deep balls.

I mean, it’s seeming obvious that JB either doesn’t want to play or has indicated a desire to transfer, lessening our interest in developing or building plays for someone checked out.

Net/Net 2 checked out QB’s and one of them not an option to play at all.

meanwhile we‘re squabbling.

Advertisement
I been saying it for a few weeks now, that they were absolutely the best team we play and will probably beat us pretty badly.
Louisville just struggled to get past UVA and UVA was without their starting QB and lost their starting RB to a serious injury mid-game.

Sooooo? What are you saying here?
I was responding to @Canezum5. He said Louisville is the best team Miami will face all season. I would've thought the best team on Miami's schedule would be able to run a team like UVA (without it's QB) out of the building. Louisville didn't.

Advertisement
I was responding to @Canezum5. He said Louisville is the best team Miami will face all season. I would've thought the best team on Miami's schedule would be able to run a team like UVA (without it's QB) out of the building. Louisville didn't.
What does that have to do with being tough matchup for Miami?

What does that have to do with being tough matchup for Miami?
I don't know. The "tough matchup" thing was a different poRster's take on it. I was just responding to the "best team Miami will face all season" take.

What's your opinion?

Teams will look very diff week to week. It's not the NFL. OkSt beat Oklahoma then just got blown out by UCF. I doubt we get the Louisville that played UVA. And UVA was playing with their hair on fire. Louisville has speed and a really good run D (supposedly). Idk how their coverage is.

Advertisement
Back