TVD Announced as Starter

I don't know. The "tough matchup" thing was a different poRster's take on it. I was just responding to the "best team Miami will face all season" take.

What's your opinion?
They are the most complete team we will face this season. I am not optimistic. Our only hope is Jack Plummer gives us a few Tyler passes.

Advertisement
What other choice is there at this point? Just gotta hope TVD has his head on straight and Dawson comes up with a better game plan than what we’ve seen the last few weeks.
Hope? GTFOH!!! That ship has sailed. Mario and Dawson have made a mess out of this by not playing Jacurri. I expect to see 1 scholarship QB on the roster at the end of the season.

I like Emory and I think he can have a nice career, but we need to see what Jacurri has. They both have started 2 games as true freshman.

I don’t understand this at all. TVD should never take another snap here.

Unless Mario is planning to put Jacurri in the game second series - get Louisville to game plan for TVD and then get JB in there early.
I think the tell-tell sign will be if Jaccuri takes ANY #1 snaps in practice this week. Personally, I think Jacurri will transfer. He's young and raw, but has elite traits that someone will covet.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I really expect them to give TVD the same playbook they gave Emory against Clemson unless of course Louisville jumps out to a big lead and then they will open it up which is probably not going to be good. 🫤

Why would they announce this so early in the week? Doesn’t sound like Mario to leak this when it goes so far against his MO.
He doesn't want the momentum of the fans and media for Jacurri. This way he squashes it early in the weak.

Would there be a slim chance that he's being savvy by announcing TVD on Senior Day, but play Jacurri so Louisville doesn't plan for him? I say NO.

So do we go with someone who plays well in practice, but ***** the bed in games or someone that can't even play well in practice? We're just ****ed mam.

The coaches have shown they'll go with Emory, a true freshman. They're telling you how ****ed we are by going back to TVD.

We will probably never know the real reason on jb. If he ends up transferring, then we can probably put 2 and 2 together.

I'd at least give JB a chance. He improved as a passer every year in HS. His rushing TD's went down and his passing TD's went up. He was a mediocre passer until his senior season when he went 23 TD/3 Int. Before that, he was pretty much a 2:1 TD/Int ratio.

Advertisement
Listen, dont tell me about no **** accuracy and jacurri not ready when we just saw a qb go 8-23 on screens, slants and fades plus miss easy throws, near picks, but we were still in the game until the final possession

This **** makes zero sense man jit is clearly broken in every way, just a very dumb decision.

I swore to myself that I will always remember how bad the Lashlee run game, particularly short yardage plays were

Let it be known
What’s different with dawson run game? He just has a mario and mirabal built oline. It’s literally the same **** and I remember more big runs by cam harris than all of our rbs this year

Speak for yourself I loved Jedd Fisch and hated that he left. I felt if he stayed one more year we were on our way.
I didn't speak for myself. I didn't tell you my thoughts on fish. I said how much s*** the fan base would talk about him and that's not a matter that's open for interpretation. That happened repeatedly. Myself if you're trying to ask, I'd tell you I liked fish or at least his passing concepts quite a bit. But he didn't do much for the running game either. Worked wonders for Steven Morris got to give him that.

Advertisement
What’s different with dawson run game? He just has a mario and mirabal built oline. It’s literally the same **** and I remember more big runs by cam harris than all of our rbs this year

Check my posts the past couple weeks… I want Dawson gone

I agree with you, Dawson has a giant luxury of a very good OL

I hated Gattis, but at this point I could argue he would have produced more with this OL than Dawson

But then again, that’s like asking do you prefer getting kicked in the left nut or right nut

Like a fat girl saying her daily affirmations to herself that she’s skinny…. Sadly we cannot talk ourselves into believing we will win

Check my posts the past couple weeks… I want Dawson gone

I agree with you, Dawson has a giant luxury of a very good OL

I hated Gattis, but I’d this point I could argue he would have produced more with this OL than Dawson

But then again, that’s like asking do you prefer getting kicked in the left nut or right nut
I was saying to someone, those long *** developing concepts gattis ran would definitely work with this oline lol. Dawson fit this team more because of lashlee a couple years back but gattis might have been better but had crumbs and injuries all year

Over/Under on picks these last two games, 7? I’m now convinced Brown is the worst QB in college football or he’s 100% transferring after the season.

Advertisement
Teams will look very diff week to week. It's not the NFL. OkSt beat Oklahoma then just got blown out by UCF. I doubt we get the Louisville that played UVA. And UVA was playing with their hair on fire. Louisville has speed and a really good run D (supposedly). Idk how their coverage is.
We may not get the team that played UVA, but will we get the team that played NC St, GT or Pitt?
We could get our 3rd OT game in a row at HRS, even with a bad TVD.

Surprised Golden State Warriors GIF by ESPN

Advertisement
Back