TV Shows...endings

Advertisement
Last 2 seasons where a complete waste.

Really a product of "D+D" and their out of control arrogance and "we can do no wrong" hubris.

They essentially ruined one of the greatest stories ever told on film.

They pulled a Mark Richt, I think they were just burnt out and they obviously couldn't write for **** on their own.

They pulled a Mark Richt, I think they were just burnt out and they obviously couldn't write for **** on their own.
"24" they left us hanging after jack sacrifices himself f4 chloe
Power- ghost can't die
Martin- because gina couldn't take a little sexual content!
Married with children- come al bundy was the "goat"

Advertisement
The worst part of GoT ending that poorly is that HBO green lit the directors to go for 3 more seasons (8,9 and 10). The directors said no because they had just been hired to direct the new Star Wars film at that time.
Even worse still, they got let go of from the Star Wars project so they rushed through for literally nothing. They basically said FU to what could have been the greatest show of all time and said “meh, we can squeeze everything into one last season” and then proceeded to make the worst possible version of that final season.
If they were smart they would have done Season 8- focus the whole season around the impending battle with the walkers. Go into way more detail on that and have that battle be the finale of the season.
Season 9- full season on the war against Kings Landing and for gods sake give us a WAY more satisfying death to Cersei. Start showing Danaerys have signs of losing her grip and going slightly mad queen.
Season 10- full season of Danaerys slowly going into madness more and more until she is full on mad queen and tie up all of the other loose ends in the show.
God I’m still much more bitter about this than I thought lol

Last 2 seasons where a complete waste.

Really a product of "D+D" and their out of control arrogance and "we can do no wrong" hubris.

They essentially ruined one of the greatest stories ever told on film.

And they did it to end it because they had their own nw show coming up that ended up being Canceled and then basically got fired from their Star Wars project

Advertisement
The worst part of GoT ending that poorly is that HBO green lit the directors to go for 3 more seasons (8,9 and 10). The directors said no because they had just been hired to direct the new Star Wars film at that time.
Even worse still, they got let go of from the Star Wars project so they rushed through for literally nothing. They basically said FU to what could have been the greatest show of all time and said “meh, we can squeeze everything into one last season” and then proceeded to make the worst possible version of that final season.
If they were smart they would have done Season 8- focus the whole season around the impending battle with the walkers. Go into way more detail on that and have that battle be the finale of the season.
Season 9- full season on the war against Kings Landing and for gods sake give us a WAY more satisfying death to Cersei. Start showing Danaerys have signs of losing her grip and going slightly mad queen.
Season 10- full season of Danaerys slowly going into madness more and more until she is full on mad queen and tie up all of the other loose ends in the show.
God I’m still much more bitter about this than I thought lol
They'd have had to hire better writers first.

Every great scene in GOTs is ripped straight from the books. I feel sorry for Dumb & Dumber in a way because George RR Martin absolutely ****ed them. He's STILL not finished the ******* books (and never will).

That said, with all the money HBO were throwing at them - and knowing the story points GRRM wanted to hit - go and hire the best ******* television writers on the planet and lock them in a room until they come up with something good.

There's no excuse for the last four seasons of GOTs. That show fell off a cliff and wouldn't have been out of place on SyFy.

"The Good Wife" left to many irons in the air which was only disappointing because it ended.
I guess I like lawyer shows because I hated the way Boston Legal ended...just say I'm very conservative to explain!

Advertisement
The Blacklist started with a strong concept, and James Spader was terrific as Raymond Reddington. But the long story arc of questioning Liz’s past went three or four seasons too many.

Same with The X-Files, with the ‘truth‘ of the alien cover-up repeating itself over and over.

Sons of anarchy the last season was a flop

GoT like everyone else... the last season was absolutely awful... a series built on multiple deep layers and storyline... absolutely rushed through.

Law and Order SVU before Olivia benson became super women who could be the detective, legal, therapist, and just plain feminist super hero.

Advertisement
Let's not forget Lost. That was horrid.

Dexter would have been fine if they ended it with him going out to sea. I remember telling my wife that I hope it ends right here, but no.

Going out to sea is exactly what I was thinking as well. The only possible ending that could have worked is him reuniting with his child, but the whole child abandoned with the woman and him faking his death only to become a likely murdering lumberjack felt like someone trying to hard to make the artistic with a gotcha ending.

Going out to sea is exactly what I was thinking as well. The only possible ending that could have worked is him reuniting with his child, but the whole child abandoned with the woman and him faking his death only to become a likely murdering lumberjack felt like someone trying to hard to make the artistic with a gotcha ending.
For some of characters in Dodgeball

Knight rider
Baywatch
Walker, Texas Ranger
and just for kicks
Magnum PI - since I love Hawaii and love surfing there

Advertisement
Back