Turnover Chain

D597BA15-D3CA-46D5-95E1-7E941AB7A246.jpeg

SOLO D

Advertisement
The chain and rings look great when we are winning. 2017 when the chain made it's debut and we were on the winning streak, we were the talk of college football.

Last year made the chain lose its shine a little bit. The rings and chain will look good again if the wins pile up.
The chain isn't for you. It's for the players. As long as they enjoy it, and the recruits like it, we should use it.

Advertisement
The chain and rings look great when we are winning. 2017 when the chain made it's debut and we were on the winning streak, we were the talk of college football.

Last year made the chain lose its shine a little bit. The rings and chain will look good again if the wins pile up.

Winning looks great.

The rings look f---ing stupid. The were too **** small and looked like an adult man trying on his six year old daughter's cheap jewelry.

Personally, I would just have one chain, call it the Big Game Chain, and it only comes out for ranked/big name opponents, rivalries, and postseason games. It's for all phases - O/D/ST, if you get a TD or turnover, you get the chain. But only for those games. You recover a fumble against BCC? BFD. But you produce against FSU? ok, now we're talking. ****, it can even say in diamonds around the logo "Big time players make big time plays in big time games"

Bring the original back when we prove we can beat someone with a pulse. Last year we would have lost to quite a few Div. 2 teams if we played them.

No fan of the rings, but I’d have no problems with seeing it 5-7 times a game!

Advertisement
If you tried to put the Turnover Chain around Nate Websters neck back in the day...he'd whip your *** on National T.V....and I'm 100% Dead Serious...same goes for Sapp...Jerome...Ray Ray...and a Host of others....F all that Gaudy BS....But as I said earlier...If the kids like that BS...its all that matters...
I can’t speak, specifically, for the players you named, but I disagree that the chains would have been some sort of affront to football players manhood.

Mid-late 80’s/early 90’s the chains would have been worn by every single player I can think of (A certain HOF Nole DB, had chains with dollar signs, etc). Entertainers and club-goers wore chains. Michael Irvin? Yup.

I love the turnover chain(s). I liked the “305” last year, but that “Ibis”… loved it! I’m hoping that 50 years from now the U still has a turnover chain.

I agree with bringing back the original chain, not a fan of the touchdown rings.
BTW - Austin Peay now has a turnover hat, this fad isn’t going anywhere, kids love it.

Advertisement
Live by the chain, die by the chain. When we are killing it, the chain fuels the fire but when we were losing it fueled the haters.

It's tough because for better or worse it became a part of Miami to have the chain and yes, everyone wanted to be us. To give up on it would be admitting defeat instead of resurrecting the magic the program had.

Either way, I do agree that it got really out of control. I like the U chain and even Sebastian but the constant addition of more stuff got to be a bit much.
Wish we could only pull out the jewelry if we are up. Give them some incentive.

If the Kids today like it...Okay....But me personally....You can take all of it and flush it down a toilet.....Running around with those F *** Chains and Rings...after a Fumble recovery or a TD....is on Par with Dancing like Denny Terio...down by 14 to FIU.....

Exactly...end thread.

The word outta Gables is the Turnover Chain will be brought out behind plexi-glass and wiped down with wipes. Then the player can get behind the glass and take a picture. The chain will then be quarantined for 14 days.

It's going to be fun!

Advertisement
I can’t speak, specifically, for the players you named, but I disagree that the chains would have been some sort of affront to football players manhood.

Mid-late 80’s/early 90’s the chains would have been worn by every single player I can think of (A certain HOF Nole DB, had chains with dollar signs, etc). Entertainers and club-goers wore chains. Michael Irvin? Yup.

I love the turnover chain(s). I liked the “305” last year, but that “Ibis”… loved it! I’m hoping that 50 years from now the U still has a turnover chain.
Lol...Aint NO WAY would this Jewelry BS been allowed on the sidelines with Howard...JJ or Butch (especially Butch)....
Erickson..Maybe...cause his Drunk *** wouldn't know the difference...

Lol...Aint NO WAY would this Jewelry BS been allowed on the sidelines with Howard...JJ or Butch (especially Butch)....
Erickson..Maybe...cause his Drunk *** wouldn't know the difference...
JJ? The man who ”allowed” the players to wear fatigues to the Fiesta Bowl? And, that’s after players had been criticized for “sexual gyrations“ and general “bad behavior“ on the field.

We’ll have to agree to disagree on which coaches would/wouldn’t, brother (though, I agree that I couldn’t see Howard …). But, the players? Not far-fetched at all.

JJ? The man who ”allowed” the players to wear fatigues to the Fiesta Bowl? And, that’s after players had been criticized for “sexual gyrations“ and general “bad behavior“ on the field.

We’ll have to agree to disagree on which coaches would/wouldn’t, brother (though, I agree that I couldn’t see Howard …). But, the players? Not far-fetched at all.
No way in **** would Howard...JJ and especially Butch have allowed it....Erickson Lost complete control of team in 92 (see players out partying till 4am day of NC against Bama) so yes...I wouldn't be surprised at all with him allowing it...Lol at Butch letting you run around with that BS adorning your neck....Fatigues have nothing to do with Gaudy Jewelry and other Douchebaggery like Dancing down 14 to a HS.....Its not like it was impossible to think the Jewelry Crap, couldn't have been thought of in the Mid 80s...Wasnt so much that Butch wouldn't allow it...But Butch's players would have scoffed at it....
You can always ask @dsddcane if this Jewelry stuff would have gone over well back then...But again, If the Canes of today like it....then fine...All I'm saying its not my cup of tea...nor is it for the former Canes I'm friends with....Running around with a TurnoverChain, because you recovered a fumble AS you're losing to an underdog is Retardation 101...

Advertisement
Back