Turnover Chain

aelmiami

Lost & Confused
I haven’t heard anything about it this year. Did they finally retire the chain or is a new edition coming out this year?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I actually enjoy the excitement and joy it brought the player who got the turnover. Yes, it was dreadful putting in on when we weren’t winning but as Liberty said, it’s not about the fans but the players. And they absolutely live the chain. I’m not a fond admirer of the rings but the offense needed something to give the the juice too I suppose.

Advertisement
If the Kids today like it...Okay....But me personally....You can take all of it and flush it down a toilet.....Running around with those F *** Chains and Rings...after a Fumble recovery or a TD....is on Par with Dancing like Denny Terio...down by 14 to FIU.....

Advertisement
If you tried to put the Turnover Chain around Nate Websters neck back in the day...he'd whip your *** on National T.V....and I'm 100% Dead Serious...same goes for Sapp...Jerome...Ray Ray...and a Host of others....F all that Gaudy BS....But as I said earlier...If the kids like that BS...its all that matters...

Live by the chain, die by the chain. When we are killing it, the chain fuels the fire but when we were losing it fueled the haters.

It's tough because for better or worse it became a part of Miami to have the chain and yes, everyone wanted to be us. To give up on it would be admitting defeat instead of resurrecting the magic the program had.

Either way, I do agree that it got really out of control. I like the U chain and even Sebastian but the constant addition of more stuff got to be a bit much.

Advertisement
Back