Turnover Chain

Advertisement
I can’t speak, specifically, for the players you named, but I disagree that the chains would have been some sort of affront to football players manhood.

Mid-late 80’s/early 90’s the chains would have been worn by every single player I can think of (A certain HOF Nole DB, had chains with dollar signs, etc). Entertainers and club-goers wore chains. Michael Irvin? Yup.

I love the turnover chain(s). I liked the “305” last year, but that “Ibis”… loved it! I’m hoping that 50 years from now the U still has a turnover chain.

Nah the guy you quoted, talks as if its still the 80's and 90's all day. Allegedly knows all the teams including Butch Davis etc. While that may be true, he's living in the past.
We gotta move forward to the future man, I'm with you, when your 18 to 22 its all about doing it for the 'Gram, and when you get older you stop caring about it. Either way, that's part of the cultural problem of the program in my opinion is our fans are getting to be old guys talking about how it used to be. I agree that those days were awesome, it's why I became a fan and why I played the way I did, but kick out the old with the new and move forward. Bigger everything, more noise, bigger chains, bigger rings, bigger smoke, bigger fire, if it were up to me, i'd have some of @Paranos girls dancing on the sideline every time something BIG happens! That'll get ya motivated!

If you tried to put the Turnover Chain around Nate Websters neck back in the day...he'd whip your *** on National T.V....and I'm 100% Dead Serious...same goes for Sapp...Jerome...Ray Ray...and a Host of others....F all that Gaudy BS....But as I said earlier...If the kids like that BS...its all that matters...

This is a heaping pile of bull****. All those old school Canes loved swag, especially the ones from the 2 live crew days. You have no f-ing clue what you're talking about.

No way in **** would Howard...JJ and especially Butch have allowed it....Erickson Lost complete control of team in 92 (see players out partying till 4am day of NC against Bama) so yes...I wouldn't be surprised at all with him allowing it...Lol at Butch letting you run around with that BS adorning your neck....Fatigues have nothing to do with Gaudy Jewelry and other Douchebaggery like Dancing down 14 to a HS.....Its not like it was impossible to think the Jewelry Crap, couldn't have been thought of in the Mid 80s...Wasnt so much that Butch wouldn't allow it...But Butch's players would have scoffed at it....
You can always ask @dsddcane if this Jewelry stuff would have gone over well back then...But again, If the Canes of today like it....then fine...All I'm saying its not my cup of tea...nor is it for the former Canes I'm friends with....Running around with a TurnoverChain, because you recovered a fumble AS you're losing to an underdog is Retardation 101...
One of the things lost on many people, and fans, is that all those teams were different. Howard was a different coach than Jimmy, and though Butch worked for Jimmy - he was also different than Jimmy. And, Ericson, who I respect a bit more than you do (lol) was more different than all of them. I could easily see Jimmy with a turnover chain, especially when he and Miami were being disrespected for overturning the applecart - so his entire tenure was like a big middle finger to the establishment. JJ had a huge chip on his shoulder that he didn’t get the respect of his contemporaries like Switzer, Osborne, Paterno … et.al.

JJ always had control, but Miami under Jimmy was more “unrestrained” than Miami under Butch. Howard was more like his former bosses Bryant and Shula.

Advertisement
Nah the guy you quoted, talks as if its still the 80's and 90's all day. Allegedly knows all the teams including Butch Davis etc. While that may be true, he's living in the past.
We gotta move forward to the future man, I'm with you, when your 18 to 22 its all about doing it for the 'Gram, and when you get older you stop caring about it. Either way, that's part of the cultural problem of the program in my opinion is our fans are getting to be old guys talking about how it used to be. I agree that those days were awesome, it's why I became a fan and why I played the way I did, but kick out the old with the new and move forward. Bigger everything, more noise, bigger chains, bigger rings, bigger smoke, bigger fire, if it were up to me, i'd have some of @Paranos girls dancing on the sideline every time something BIG happens! That'll get ya motivated!
The “Paranos girls” … had already been done in Miami: 2 Live Crew. Noise? Boom boxes. Chargers? M’F-er, do you know what a grand National is? So, it’s just another case of you Similac smelling jits recycling/sampling/stealing all our old ****. Now, get the **** off my lawn!

1598796614708.png

Advertisement
One of the things lost on many people, and fans, is that all those teams were different. Howard was a different coach than Jimmy, and though Butch worked for Jimmy - he was also different than Jimmy. And, Ericson, who I respect a bit more than you do (lol) was more different than all of them. I could easily see Jimmy with a turnover chain, especially when he and Miami were being disrespected for overturning the applecart - so his entire tenure was like a big middle finger to the establishment. JJ had a huge chip on his shoulder that he didn’t get the respect of his contemporaries like Switzer, Osborne, Paterno … et.al.

JJ always had control, but Miami under Jimmy was more “unrestrained” than Miami under Butch. Howard was more like his former bosses Bryant and Shula.
Butch was Very much like JJ....Both Defensive Minded...Evaluation Minded...and Recruiting Minded...Stop it...and Please stop with the "What Fans don't seem to understand BS"....I was at Practices in 86 when Chuck and Tubberville were GAs....so I saw with my own eyes how things were ran....Fast foward to Butch's Tenure...and it was just like a JJ run team, a Mirror image... (aside from Sanctions) and God only knows the time I spent there from 95-2000....all this Fu*kery you see now and the past 15+ yrs...you'd never see that crap back then...Just look at the Practices and workouts back then compared to now....

Lashlee's going to score more than The Legend in his club days. They're going to wear the cheap gold plating off those TD rings this year.

Butch was Very much like JJ....Both Defensive Minded...Evaluation Minded...and Recruiting Minded...Stop it...and Please stop with the "What Fans don't seem to understand BS"....I was at Practices in 86 when Chuck and Tubberville were GAs....so I saw with my own eyes how things were ran....Fast foward to Butch's Tenure...and it was just like a JJ run team, a Mirror image... (aside from Sanctions) and God only knows the time I spent there from 95-2000....all this Fu*kery you see now and the past 15+ yrs...you'd never see that crap back then...Just look at the Practices and workouts back then compared to now....
You’re missing my point. Yes, they were similar, but they were not the same. By any measure of college football coaches, JJ’s teams were more “out of control” than Butch’s - which seemed, by comparison, more business-like. And, yes, you’ve been to practice and know the coaches, players…we’ve seen the pictures, but your strident contention that these guys would NEVER wear a chain…completely disagree. And, if they knew they would get on TV? Guarantee.

Advertisement
Thats nice....Now show me ONE instance you saw Irvin run around with a Chain on Sidelines after a TD.....Show me ONE instance you saw Highsmith do the same??...and please show me ONE time Bennie threw on a chain after a Pick6 TD....You can't...All I'm saying its the epitome of Stupidity running around with Gaudy Jewelry and Dancing...getting your *** kicked by 3 less talented teams...Again...If the Kids today like it....No Problem....but its embarrassing af to sit and watch those celebrations over an INT or Fumble recovery...while getting whipped on Nation TV by Garbage *** teams....

You’re missing my point. Yes, they were similar, but they were not the same. By any measure of college football coaches, JJ’s teams were more “out of control” than Butch’s - which seemed, by comparison, more business-like. And, yes, you’ve been to practice and know the coaches, players…we’ve seen the pictures, but your strident contention that these guys would NEVER wear a chain…completely disagree. And, if they knew they would get on TV? Guarantee.
Well Yeah....The NCAA were waiting for UM to stub there toes during Butch's days....are you serious???...

Oh yeah the fluff is ready to make it rain in MIA!
179b38f3c84225c829d03e4e75b839d6.gif

WGxf.gif

tenor.gif

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
Thats nice....Now show me ONE instance you saw Irvin run around with a Chain on Sidelines after a TD.....Show me ONE instance you saw Highsmith do the same??...and please show me ONE time Bennie threw on a chain after a Pick6 TD....You can't...All I'm saying its the epitome of Stupidity running around with Gaudy Jewelry and Dancing...getting your *** kicked by 3 less talented teams...Again...If the Kids today like it....No Problem....but its embarrassing af to sit and watch those celebrations over an INT or Fumble recovery...while getting whipped on Nation TV by Garbage *** teams....
If Michael Irvin KNEW the TV camera would be on him because he had a turnover chain around his neck, he would DEFINITELY wear it. That’s the same Michael Irvin taking his helmet off after routine catches. That’s I celebrate with the fans in the end zone Michael Irvin.

Michael Irvin would’ve played with it. LOL.

If Michael Irvin KNEW the TV camera would be on him because he had a turnover chain around his neck, he would DEFINITELY wear it. That’s the same Michael Irvin taking his helmet off after routine catches. That’s I celebrate with the fans in the end zone Michael Irvin.

Michael Irvin would’ve played with it. LOL.
When WASN'T the TV Camera on Mike??...

They didn't because they couldn't. If they let them they'd have played in gold plated helmets and full grills while wearing a medallion the size of a Roman warrior's shield around their necks.

The term the U invented swag is based on those guys. They would have eaten that **** up.

Our guys sucking today has nothing to do with what those guys would have done back then.

Advertisement
Back