Turning down free money as an 18 year old football player

How much is your personal integrity worth?

LAFF. What? You think these kids care about that sh*t? They dont even look at it as an "integrity" issue. Poor kids being offered big money. No brainer. LMAO Integrity.

I agree and this is why most will stay poor, even if they make it to the NFL. This is why so many go broke, because they have no moral compass.

Thats likely true. But the "integrity" thing is still far fetched in this type of situation. I mean its not like they are breaking the law here. Many of them feel its something they deserve anyway, and in many places its something that has been going on forever, and continues to go on, so they look at it as "why cant I get mine". I mean its one thing if they were taking money to do something that was against their long term interests, but if they are honestly torn between Team A and Team B, and Team B offers them 40K, well.... apart from the risk of getting caught, which is extremely hard to do, and to prove, then in most cases, its going to be a no brainer for most of these kids. Integrity isnt even a consideration for many of these kids.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back