Turmoil in the Locker Room

Brooklyndee's comments just further accentuate how big of a piece of overrated garbage Richt is.

It's his third full season here and the fact we're still starting someone like Malik Rosier is a DIRECT reflection of Richt's recruiting, personnel evaluation, and roster construction FAILURES.

Stop pointing the finger at Rosier and start pointing them at the ******* who thought it was ok to roll into season 3 with him at QB. No attempt was even made to go after a grad transfer or any transfer for that matter.

Sorry...but the problem here is Richt.

This is partly true but also overblown in the sense that there are multiple championship-winning coaches that have had **** QBs past the 2nd year mark, QB is the most difficult thing to figure out and there is no evergreen rule you can properly draw from a short window on QB outcomes. Not to mention the bust rate on even bluechip QBs is ridiculously high. You guys talk about this QB stuff like there is some easy hire to go make to figure out QB and Richt is the only clown in the country who can't figure out the position. Check out Bama before Tua, Harbaugh and Herman right now, LSU for forever, UF for forever, etc. etc.

Advertisement
Great recruiters..I know it isn’t much right. Lol

Yeap but I’d rather Butch and some real coaches. Back in the day, many a Canes got drafted not for being best talent but for being equal to 3 yr nfl player. Now our guys are bargain players you can get cheaper than their talent because of no development. This staff in starting to look like th3 previous two — players get worse each year.

Yeap but I’d rather Butch and some real coaches. Back in the day, many a Canes got drafted not for being best talent but for being equal to 3 yr nfl player. Now our guys are bargain players you can get cheaper than their talent because of no development. This staff in starting to look like th3 previous two — players get worse each year.

Well said brother. I wanted butch back so bad. He had something to prove & he was going to do it.

Advertisement
Anyone remember how mad players were in 99 when Kelly couldn’t get them the ball? I remember Bubba Franks saying, after he was drafted by the Packers, that he was glad he’d be playing with a QB that could hit him. It’s demoralizing running a route, getting wide open, then not getting looked at. Or you get thrown to, but you can’t catch the ball.

These players deserve better. I heard all offseason how I should support Rosier because he’s a Cane. Well, what about the 80 other players that are suffering because of him?

The school and fans that wanted a team like the 2000-2002 team that Butch built, are long gone as a majority.
The totally outclassed/outcoached team last night, that got punched in the face pre game, then beat down like a ****** on national TV, is the composition of todays UM school/fans. Soft, no fire, gutless wretches ok with losing and yearly multiple beatdowns.

Yeap. I was hoping Mark had something to prove too, but I guess not.

I knew it. He allowed 3 coaches to come into the SEC after him & they won national titles..one guy won it twice.

He is what he is.

I believe I saw that fsu BS shifts on offense that he used to run with Dunn & Pooh bear Williams

You’re not lying. NCAA tests once a year but not everyone gets selected. School is a minimum of 3 times but much more often for guys who’ve already failed tests. Coach Richt definitely has less tolerance than many other coaches when it comes to failed drug tests.

As far as classes, in the grand scheme of things is it a big issue? No, but it shows they don’t have discipline, accountability, respect etc. With the small classes they can’t blend in the back and sleep like big lectures at state schools. Being a major research institution, these professors are very proud of their work and feel slighted when they see people sleeping or constantly walking in and out of class.

So what. Thats when the admin needs to keep the professor in check. Thats what happens in football schools.

I slept and skipped classes a few times and graduated Magna *** while working full time.

They dont have to graduate Magna *** just graduate.

Advertisement
People like you are the problem with this fan base. Youre so concerned with ur splash that you fail to see the bigger issue at hand. You have some pussi comment to throw out about me everytime while the issue at hand is irrelevant to you. So how do you address it besides troll this troll that? You dont. All you are is a troll. I could give 3 ***** about your comments & reality is i should simply keep my comments to myself. Ill agree with you on that but anyone at all who knows me would never question where my heart lies. And ill tell you once keep my nephew out your mouth. He has zero to do with your lil agenda with me. Id love it if we had a way to physically hold people like you accountable. All that keyboard tough talk would show you for the bytch you are.

If this statement here in bold were true in all facets of the internet (social media, blogs, message boards) the entire world would be a MUCH better place. Our country would be so much more unified. Half the **** dividing our country today is a direct result of crazy **** being put on the net.

This is partly true but also overblown in the sense that there are multiple championship-winning coaches that have had **** QBs past the 2nd year mark, QB is the most difficult thing to figure out and there is no evergreen rule you can properly draw from a short window on QB outcomes. Not to mention the bust rate on even bluechip QBs is ridiculously high. You guys talk about this QB stuff like there is some easy hire to go make to figure out QB and Richt is the only clown in the country who can't figure out the position. Check out Bama before Tua, Harbaugh and Herman right now, LSU for forever, UF for forever, etc. etc.

Only thing overblown is Richt’s supposed coaching acumen

Not much to say that hasn't already been said. The playcalling, Rosier, Feagles, etc. I'm also frustrated with how many guys left last year to try and make the NFL when they were clearly, wholly unprepared, with Kendrick Norton being the most obvious example. There used to be a culture of unfinished business, guys who stuck around because they knew how good they were and wanted to be part of something special. Now it's just, "Oh some agent said I can go pro? See ya." Only to get demoted to the practice squad or cut altogether. I mean I still think about the potential Tommy Streeter had. How can we be successful if every ******* Junior leaves the second they think they can be drafted in the 7th round? :rolleyes:

The best thing I saw last night was Jeff Thomas. I loved his competitiveness. Guy played hard and wanted the ball all the way 'til the end. Oh and Gerald Willis looked great too.

I like Richt and I want him here but if he can't learn from his mistakes it's going to be tough for me to not call for his head too.

Advertisement
Rosier wasn't on the punt team that allowed an unblocked rusher to nearly block the first punt and shake up Feagles for the next few.
Rosier wasn't on the defense that got gashed continuously, jumped offsides on 4th and 1, etc.
Rosier is a terrible QB, but this teams issues are systemic. It starts and ends with Richt. He plays Rosier and/or any other QB, he is responsible for everything the team does, including defense and special teams. The buck stops with him, stop blaming players...that Richt plays.

During a game **** happens. Sometimes things don't go your way. But missing 10+ throws to wide open receivers a game is not normal.

Yes they were. There's not much you can do when the opponent knows you've got a bad QB and forces you to throw. They played us just like everyone else has since Pitt. Stop the run, cover the underneath routes, for Rosier to throw it deep and execute in the pass game. He can't do it. This will keep happening until we find a QB that can punish a D.

Exactly why the staff WASNT prepared. If a fan can see that Malik can’t do what needs to be done then Richt should too. Experience is important but if the experienced guy can’t hit water falling out of a boat in the middle of the ocean then it is on the staff to play someone who can. I refuse to believe we don’t have another QB on the roster who can do what Rosier did last night. If that is the case then the staff was even more unprepared because that means they are terrible evaluators of talent.

Exactly why the staff WASNT prepared. If a fan can see that Malik can’t do what needs to be done then Richt should too. Experience is important but if the experienced guy can’t hit water falling out of a boat in the middle of the ocean then it is on the staff to play someone who can. I refuse to believe we don’t have another QB on the roster who can do what Rosier did last night. If that is the case then the staff was even more unprepared because that means they are terrible evaluators of talent.

Not having a viable #2 is a problem. No doubt about it, if Richt can't find one soon the wheels will come off. Looks like the WR's are already fed up.

Advertisement
So what. Thats when the admin needs to keep the professor in check. Thats what happens in football schools.

I slept and skipped classes a few times and graduated Magna *** while working full time.

They dont have to graduate Magna *** just graduate.

I’m glad someone said it.

The thought at professors doing this ****e is insanity.

Not having a viable #2 is a problem. No doubt about it, if Richt can't find one soon the wheels will come off. Looks like the WR's are already fed up.

Idk man... It’s just really hard to believe that no other QB on the roster can at least do what Malik does. It has to be that Richt is just stubborn. He values a QB knowing what to do but what good is knowing what to do if you can’t do it? It’s bad enough Malik’s decision making sucks but his accuracy is just as poor if not worse. With all these weapons we have it makes more sense to allow a younger guy who can actually throw accurate passes to go through the growing pains.

I thought CMR was a "Christian man". Lying is a sin, right?
He's bearing false witness against his neighbor. 🤷

And if he benched AR for demanding 12 to be great, then I'mma be drinking A LOT of alcohol this season.

Advertisement
Back