Tunmise Adeleye back in the portal again

Advertisement
You think so?
potential wise, sure I loved him out of hs …but He played 2 games and got hurt.

“In 64 snaps coming against Sam Houston and Appalachian State, Adeleye generated four pressures while earning a 70.0 defensive grade with a 69.2 run blocking and a 77.9 tackling grade.”

I’m just hoping there’s another name out there we snag, one more experienced that’s ready to step in and dominate right away. Love his game, but we need more bodies.

I doubt the kid would give us a courtesy visit if he wasn't interested but trying to figure out if the midweek visit is a good thing or a bad thing. Would have thought Mario would have wanted him on campus next weekend for his big visit weekend. Maybe the kid just couldn't make it work.

Advertisement
I doubt the kid would give us a courtesy visit if he wasn't interested but trying to figure out if the midweek visit is a good thing or a bad thing. Would have thought Mario would have wanted him on campus next weekend for his big visit weekend. Maybe the kid just couldn't make it work.
Good thing. He’s important to get with his level of talent. Tunmise should be prioritize.

FYI Tunmise started the first 2 games for TAMU and got hurt.
Yeah, certainly impressive with their talent on the line. I was just making the point that, while I’m not one to highlight injury concerns, that we need some experience + more depth at DT. His ceiling is sky high, no denying that.

Advertisement
I'm counting 54 players on scholarship right now after the current portal defections and guys leaving for the draft/have no eligibility left.

We have 22 commits which would put us at 76 players. Room for 9 more.

I could be off or mistaken of course but that's what I calculated after looking at our roster.

You have to think another 3-5 guys portal out as well as we still have some dead weight left IMO
Canes need about 50 more players to hit the portal...

Advertisement
He's literally the top rated DL in the portal according to 247
Again, it’s based on potential, not production. He played 2 games and graded meh in terms of run D/overall against inferior competition. He’s a freshman so it’s fine - I’m just saying he shouldn’t be our #1

Again, it’s based on potential, not production. He played 2 games and graded meh in terms of run D/overall against inferior competition. He’s a freshman so it’s fine - I’m just saying he shouldn’t be our #1
Understood.

So is there a DT in the portal right now that should be a higher priority?

all access money GIF by SHOWTIME Sports

Advertisement

No, give the kid his own moment and maybe get a commit before the final push on high school kids to know where your Board and numbers sit. Smart by Mario.

Advertisement
Back