Tunmise Adeleye back in the portal again

Advertisement
No. The Fall 2023 academic semester is closed at UM. There my be a loophole for a school on the quarter system like Oregon.
You also can’t leave a school mid-semester as a student without approval from the school/professor. I highly doubt anyone will up and leave at this point in the year. It’s not in the students best interest. NCAA should step in and allow the rule to apply after the semester

Think there was more to the Adeleye recruitment than just selecting MSU. There were some hesitations from the Miami staff based on feedback from people at A&M. He was all Miami and then they got some news and told him they couldn't take him yet and had digging to do.

I think ultimately they would have ended up taking him after everything they found out but they had sort of burned the bridge already by asking him to wait. They got him to rethink it last minute but still chose MSU.

Advertisement
You also can’t leave a school mid-semester as a student without approval from the school/professor. I highly doubt anyone will up and leave at this point in the year. It’s not in the students best interest. NCAA should step in and allow the rule to apply after the semester

You can ENTER the Portal within a designated window. You can exit the Portal any time after that. On the other hand, the school might cancel financial aid once a player enters the Portal.

I would think that MSU might not do that.

I think MSU players could ENTER the Portal now, and then exit the Portal in December/January at a new school.

And we could probably pay them the Jamil Burroughs NIL package...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I’d take em, that’s grown man depth for 2024 up front. He’d back up Bain in Mesidor’s spot but again, that’s veteran depth IMO. I wouldn’t mind it, and the kid is probably kicking himself right now.
He ran away from A and M's DL talent and would be great if he came here to play behind Bain but I just don't see it.He's likely going where he can start.

Advertisement
Back