Official Tuesday Media: OC Shannon Dawson & DC Lance Guidry

Really? I lived in Houston back in my HS days. It was so much more humid that Miami from what I can remember. You would think he would be acclimated already to the heat
He said he’s dealing with an upper respiratory infection. That’s probably why he was drinking so much Gatorade and wiping his brow. He’s trying to stay hydrated while dealing with an illness after being in that heat. That’s pretty brutal, and not fun at all. Dude is out there anyway, and not making any excuses. Mad respect from me.

Advertisement
He said he’s dealing with an upper respiratory infection. That’s probably why he was drinking so much Gatorade and wiping his brow. He’s trying to stay hydrated while dealing with an illness after being in that heat. That’s pretty brutal, and not fun at all. Dude is out there anyway, and not making any excuses. Mad respect from me.

Could also be allergies the pollen level has been unreal the past few weeks

it's early and it's probably an overreaction but it truly does seem like this may be one of the most cohesive staffs we've had in a very long time. Maybe Richt's first full staff is the only ever time I felt everyone was capable of being on the same page and being truly adaptable in the last 15 years or so

Advertisement
It was previously mentioned that Guidry interviewed with Mario for the FIU job, and Dawson just mentioned that he also interviewed for the FIU job too. Noticing a trend

Advertisement
I’m an early fan of both. Hopefully they are as good as fits as they seem to be.
Hindsight is 20/20 but this is a huge change from what Mario hired last year.
I see guys truly excited to coach these kids and get this program rolling.
Gattis was a know it all *** hat that had been riding coat tails.
Steele while very knowledgeable was old as dirt. I can’t see him motivating anyone. More like mentoring. I’m shocked Saban hired him.

It was previously mentioned that Guidry interviewed with Mario for the FIU job, and Dawson just mentioned that he also interviewed for the FIU job too. Noticing a trend
if guidry and/or dawson prove to be a success here it'll further verify that mario's hiring process, albeit long and annoying, is valuable and important

Advertisement
I like what I hear from Dawson. He understands his roster and is going to taylor plays to the strengths of his personnel.

He's very refreshing to listen to.

Advertisement
My takeaways from each of the interviews:
1) Shannon Dawson
- TVD is the guy. Extremely accurate and picks up things fast.​
- He seems very intrigued by Browns skillset. Said he's got everything.​
- Will take it slow with Emory.​
- Grew up watching the canes of old and has to pinch himself that he's at the U.​
- Knocked it out of the park with Beard and Harris Jr. as position coaches.​
- Adapts scheme to players on roster.​
- Has an idea of who will be the go to WR but won't say who (my guess is X).​
My initial take: breath of fresh air compared to Gattis who seemed **** bent on running his scheme. I'll wait and see but early reviews are positive.
2) Lance Guidry
- He embraces being cajun lol.​
- Kam - really intelligent, bell cow of the defense, will ask him to do even more.​
- Caleb Spencer - young, don't know a lot yet.​
- Fell in love with the old Miami teams with how they played and the swagger.​
- Very excited for JT to be leading the D Line. Called him a future D Coordinator at the college or NFL level.​
- Called Derek Nicholson special and a future DC as well. He shoutout Addae as well.​
- 4-2-5 is base D.​
- Loves giving pregame speeches (can't wait).​
- Calls Mauigoa a natural player. :)
My initial take: he oozes passion and energy. This guy gets you fired up. Can't wait to see what he does with this defense.
Don’t know if it was intentional or not but he was describing Gattis to a tee when he said “schemes are adaptable humans are not” and he kept going on about some coaches trying to force their schemes

They suck *pause* until proven otherwise.

Don’t get mad at me, I’m doing what’s best for me and my heart until they prove it on the field 😂😂😂😂😂
Dick Wolf Doctor GIF by Wolf Entertainment

Advertisement
Back