Tucker

Haven't seen it mentioned, but I though Tucker played a **** of a game at FB. Did a real nice job leading the way. A noticeable improvement over Regula.

Would love to see more action out of the backfield where we stretch teams out horizontally through our RBs in the flat. Rather than consistently use the WR screen, you can stretch out opponents' LBs and then get so many more 1 on 1s for Walford down the middle. Kaaya is infinitely more comfortable tossing the ball over the middle of the field. Walford boxes his defender out really well. It's such a high percentage play that I wish we'd set things up around it more.

Amen! Enough of the WR screen. Also, LuCane, don't you think some carries by the fullback would be nice. I remember Highsmith at fullback getting plenty of effective action. I can't remember many fullback carries in years. That and the TE over the middle seems to be forbidden these years.

Advertisement
Haven't seen it mentioned, but I though Tucker played a **** of a game at FB. Did a real nice job leading the way. A noticeable improvement over Regula.

Would love to see more action out of the backfield where we stretch teams out horizontally through our RBs in the flat. Rather than consistently use the WR screen, you can stretch out opponents' LBs and then get so many more 1 on 1s for Walford down the middle. Kaaya is infinitely more comfortable tossing the ball over the middle of the field. Walford boxes his defender out really well. It's such a high percentage play that I wish we'd set things up around it more.

Amen! Enough of the WR screen. Also, LuCane, don't you think some carries by the fullback would be nice. I remember Highsmith at fullback getting plenty of effective action. I can't remember many fullback carries in years. That and the TE over the middle seems to be forbidden these years.

I don't think we're going to see many, if any, carries from the fullback in what Coley is trying to do. I like Coley's general direction to spread the field and try to create running lanes inside with our cutback RBs. I hope he continues to stray from Jimbo's offense. Jimbo has a much better rhythm and feel to play calling, so he can play it a little safer and still stay ahead of the defense. I'd prefer for Coley to keep it simple and aggressive. We have some serious advantages in our skill positions. When Kaaya begins to make 2nd and 3rd reads, Coley may inadvertently look like a genius.

Advertisement
Regula was out there shaving points...tackling duke, bad long snaps, blocking air. His absence is worth at least 7-10 points.

Lol at Tucker qualifying for the Olympics. Anybody who knows anything about big time track knows that ain't happening.

I'm curious to know why that is. Would you explain? (If I were you, I would have made the post as follows: Tucker won't qualify for the Olympics, because _____")

Tucker is another example of the *** backwards talent evaluation of Al! From all the practice footage I did see I, I thought Walter would make a big impact. I never ever even heard a whisper about the great Ronnie Regula and there he was starting at FB, only because Al believes a fullback means you weigh 240 lbs. When they pull their heads out of their asses and play the best players we'll win a couple more.

Advertisement
Lol at Tucker qualifying for the Olympics. Anybody who knows anything about big time track knows that ain't happening.

I'm curious to know why that is. Would you explain? (If I were you, I would have made the post as follows: Tucker won't qualify for the Olympics, because _____")

Because people are confusing Burns and Tucker. Tucker is good at track, Artie Burns is a junior national record holder who has legitimate Olympic aspirations.

The Tuck Truck sprays ***** on the Gus Bus.

If that faygala lout antwan is listening, score another one for South Florida.

I thought it was implied. It's because he's not good enough.

Advertisement
We run the ball a lot better when Tucker is healthy and in the game. All you need to know.

Tucker is another example of the *** backwards talent evaluation of Al! From all the practice footage I did see I, I thought Walter would make a big impact. I never ever even heard a whisper about the great Ronnie Regula and there he was starting at FB, only because Al believes a fullback means you weigh 240 lbs. When they pull their heads out of their asses and play the best players we'll win a couple more.

On of the best fullbacks at UM was Quad Hill, at 210 lbs.

Advertisement
Back