Tucker

BigCaneAl

Senior
Premium
Haven't seen it mentioned, but I though Tucker played a **** of a game at FB. Did a real nice job leading the way. A noticeable improvement over Regula.

Advertisement
Haven't seen it mentioned, but I though Tucker played a **** of a game at FB. Did a real nice job leading the way. A noticeable improvement over Regula.

Heck yeah Tucker played his butt off, and this is why I said UM needs to add a Full Back to the 2015 class because Tucker needs depth help and will be gone after next year if he qualifies for the Olympics. I also think he should get more short yardage carries.

Go Canes

Last edited:

Heak yeah Tucker played his butt off, and this is why I said UM needs to add a Full Back to the 2015 class because Tucker needs depth help and will be gone after next year if he qualifies for the Olympics. I also think he should get more short yardage carries.

Go Canes

Yes. More PT for Tucker. Caught a nice pass out of the backfield too...

I noticed him, he's playing really well. I wish we 'd use him more in pass game, get him matched up with mlb's.

Would love to see more action out of the backfield where we stretch teams out horizontally through our RBs in the flat. Rather than consistently use the WR screen, you can stretch out opponents' LBs and then get so many more 1 on 1s for Walford down the middle. Kaaya is infinitely more comfortable tossing the ball over the middle of the field. Walford boxes his defender out really well. It's such a high percentage play that I wish we'd set things up around it more.

Advertisement
I'd like to see Walter Tucker get a few touches at running back. He might be the big back we're in need of seeing as how Gus Edwards doesnt seem to be developing into it.

Would love to see more action out of the backfield where we stretch teams out horizontally through our RBs in the flat. Rather than consistently use the WR screen, you can stretch out opponents' LBs and then get so many more 1 on 1s for Walford down the middle. Kaaya is infinitely more comfortable tossing the ball over the middle of the field. Walford boxes his defender out really well. It's such a high percentage play that I wish we'd set things up around it more.

I've been waiting to see him in more of a Najeh coming out of the backfield and getting loose in the middle of the field.

Advertisement

I've been waiting to see him in more of a Najeh coming out of the backfield and getting loose in the middle of the field.

he looked like it in the first series...caught it out of the backfield and looked smooth in doing so...

Tucker will run ya *** over too....i still have no clue how REGULA ever got in........Tucker is foreal...and i would like to see Gus the Bus in their in full back and hit him in the flats...as he is obviously better in open space...than as a battering ram on obvious run downs with no blocking. Im higher on Gus Edwards than most on here.....

Advertisement
Isn't he a track star too?

Florida HS 100 meter hurdle state champion.

That's actually how we landed the kid. He verbally to Clemson but Dabo didn't want him running track in the off season. Golden was cool with it so he came to UM.

Interestingly, UM has a long tradition of football kids who were also successful in track and field.

Isn't he a track star too?

Florida HS 100 meter hurdle state champion.

That's actually how we landed the kid. He verbally to Clemson but Dabo didn't want him running track in the off season. Golden was cool with it so he came to UM.

Interestingly, UM has a long tradition of football kids who were also successful in track and field.

Other way around. Track coach didn't want him playing football

Advertisement
Either way I like his size 6'0 220... and he's only a sophomore

What's more interesting is the 2013 class has some solid players such as: coley, dobard, carter, tucker, elder, kamalu, burns.

Lol at Tucker qualifying for the Olympics. Anybody who knows anything about big time track knows that ain't happening.

Unfortunately for Gus, you have to shine when you get the chance. He probably won't get the ball at all next week. He may be better off moving to Hback because his strength is in the open field. Very tough to get down once he gets a few steps. On short yardage I'd love to see tucker get carries.

Advertisement
Back