NFL Tua + the Dolphins medical staff

nystateofmind

C'est la vie
Banned
Absolutely unbelievable that he was cleared to play and now he’s probably done for the season, if not longer. Two concussions in five days can be a life altering event.

What is it going to take for football to finally realize the true severity of concussions and head injuries? Is someone going to have to die on the field?

Sick to my stomach.

Advertisement
A similar "Throw Down" tackle got a 'Canes player 15 yards earlier this year...NFL? Ah, part of the game.

I’m not a doctor and I don’t even usually try to play one on CiS. But last Sunday he hit his head on the ground, eventually tried to get up and walk, and ended up stumbling and falling down. I was shocked when he came back in the game and was also shocked that they said he didn’t have a concussion.

Advertisement
He didnt have the first concussion last week. He had a back injury. He might have a spinal stenosis and has a moderate spinal injury as well as a NEW concussion. The first one...Was tonight.

Tua is the first person in history who got a lower back injury and didn’t grab his lower back once. It’s human nature to grab whatever part of the body is injured and he didn’t even make the attempt.

Dolphins medical staff and that independent concussion guy that then NFL employs for games are ****ed.

Tua is the first person in history who got a lower back injury and didn’t grab his lower back once. It’s human nature to grab whatever part of the body is injured and he didn’t even make the attempt.

Dolphins medical staff and that independent concussion guy that then NFL employs for games are ****ed.
Ok, well here’s the truth on this. YOu normally don’t reach behind yourself and grab your back Unless its a lumbar injury.
Thoracic and cervical injuries you don’t. C7-T4 injuries can affect gait, create wrap around pain that causes you to curl up. It causes shooting pain in the arms (radiculopathy)and you want them to grab that area?

Advertisement
Decorating Interior Designer GIF by TLC

Ok, well here’s the truth on this. YOu normally don’t reach behind yourself and grab your back Unless its a lumbar injury.
Thoracic and cervical injuries you don’t. C7-T4 injuries can affect gait, create wrap around pain that causes you to curl up. It causes shooting pain in the arms (radiculopathy)and you want them to grab that area?

No what I’m saying is that in any injury, back, leg, arm etc. 99% of time instinct is to grab or hold the injury.

There wasn’t even an attempt on his part because it wasn’t a lower back injury.

No what I’m saying is that in any injury, back, leg, arm etc. 99% of time instinct is to grab or hold the injury.

There wasn’t even an attempt on his part because it wasn’t a lower back injury.
Yer right, I just got done telling you it wasn’t a lumbar injury. Thanks for playing.

Absolutely unbelievable that he was cleared to play and now he’s probably done for the season, if not longer. Two concussions in five days can be a life altering event.

What is it going to take for football to finally realize the true severity of concussions and head injuries? Is someone going to have to die on the field?

Sick to my stomach.
Oh FFS………enough

Advertisement

Just curious what muscles in the Lower Extremities C7-T4 innervate to affect his gait?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back