TS2

ssvir

Sophomore
Premium

Tyrique Stevenson blog: I'll be healthy for UNC game, team will get back on track

will ferrell anchorman GIF

Advertisement
Here’s the link: https://www.on3.com/teams/miami-hur...thy-for-unc-game-team-will-get-back-on-track/

And here’s an excerpt from the blog that, honestly, is a huge concern for me. Basically sounds like nobody has any idea what happened:

“I talked to coach Cristobal a little bit and it was really no answer. He asked me what happened with the team and I was like, `I have no answer, coach.’ There’s nothing much you can say, not much you can do. All you have to do is watch the film and you can see that they wanted it a little bit more than us, and you can tell by how they played and how they capitalized on the mistakes we made.

I talked with coach Cristobal on Sunday before a team meeting, he just ran into me. He just asked me, `What happened? What do you think happened?’ I said I don’t know, you just have to get back to the drawing board and see the holes that we’re missing and we just have to start plugging them in with the right players and the right mindset. He thought I had an answer, but the answer is `I don’t know, coach, we just have to get back to work, figure out what went wrong, where the holes are and keep working and try to improve in those areas.’”

Um.. doesn’t exactly inspire confidence. Yikes.

Here’s the link: https://www.on3.com/teams/miami-hur...thy-for-unc-game-team-will-get-back-on-track/

And here’s an excerpt from the blog that, honestly, is a huge concern for me. Basically sounds like nobody has any idea what happened:

“I talked to coach Cristobal a little bit and it was really no answer. He asked me what happened with the team and I was like, `I have no answer, coach.’ There’s nothing much you can say, not much you can do. All you have to do is watch the film and you can see that they wanted it a little bit more than us, and you can tell by how they played and how they capitalized on the mistakes we made.

I talked with coach Cristobal on Sunday before a team meeting, he just ran into me. He just asked me, `What happened? What do you think happened?’ I said I don’t know, you just have to get back to the drawing board and see the holes that we’re missing and we just have to start plugging them in with the right players and the right mindset. He thought I had an answer, but the answer is `I don’t know, coach, we just have to get back to work, figure out what went wrong, where the holes are and keep working and try to improve in those areas.’ “

I'm sure Mario knows what happened. But a good coach wants the players' perspective so he can address differences between truth and perception. The bigger concern is that TS didn't have an informed opinion.

Advertisement

I talked with coach Cristobal on Sunday before a team meeting, he just ran into me. He just asked me, `What happened? What do you think happened?’ I said I don’t know, you just have to get back to the drawing board and see the holes that we’re missing and we just have to start plugging them in with the right players and the right mindset. He thought I had an answer, but the answer is `I don’t know, coach, we just have to get back to work, figure out what went wrong, where the holes are and keep working and try to improve in those areas.’”

He knows the answer just like even the dullest knives in the CIS drawer do ..... other than TS2 our CBs (young and old) are TERRIBLE.

UNC should score a billion points b/c the blueprint of quick passes to WRs in space plays to the worst part of our defense (besides 0, 11, and 17s tackling of course).

I'm sure Mario knows what happened. But a good coach wants the players' perspective so he can address differences between truth and perception. The bigger concern is that TS didn't have an informed opinion.

Does he? Because he sure as **** looked like a deer in headlights the entire MTSU game and also seemed dumbfounded afterward too.

You may be right though, and for this program’s sake I hope you are. I don’t exactly think anything about it is necessarily cut and dry, but still hoping Mario is a man with the answers.

He knows the answer just like even the dullest knives in the CIS drawer do ..... other than TS2 our CBs (young and old) are TERRIBLE.

UNC should score a billion points b/c the blueprint of quick passes to WRs in space plays to the worst part of our defense (besides 0, 11, and 17s tackling of course).

That’s obviously a big part of it, but it was much bigger than that. Seriously, just about everybody played like garbage, and I’m not convinced our entire roster is garbage. TVD spotted them 10 points immediately, and the defense especially looked sluggish/lethargic. Hopefully they show more desire to actually play the game of football, or else UNC really might put up 100

Advertisement
That’s obviously a big part of it, but it was much bigger than that. Seriously, just about everybody played like garbage, and I’m not convinced our entire roster is garbage. TVD spotted them 10 points immediately, and the defense especially looked sluggish/lethargic. Hopefully they show more desire to actually play the game of football, or else UNC really might put up 100

Gattis and Steele also spotted them 14 points as UM couldn't score on 1st and goal from the 1 yard line, and as soon as MTSU got the ball back, it was immediately followed by a 100 yard TD pass.

I'm no defensive coordinating genius, but I've seen enough football to know that immediately after a big stop on D and huge momentum swing, the other side is immediately going to take a shot at the end zone. Guess I picked the wrong career.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back