Truth about Saban

So dumb. Saban has won championships at 2 schools and posted a 9-7 season with the Dolphins with Gus Frerotte as his QB
Gus was a pretty decent quarterback. Didn't he take the vikes to 8-3 before he got hurt his last season?

The 01 season might have turned out a little bit better for the donkeys if they didn't have to play the ravens the first round.

Advertisement
Your first sentence answered my question. All I needed. I have no problem with Butch leaving. It’s a business and a dirty one at that my man.

The rest of the post is also true but all I wanted to know if it ever bums the dude out that he left. You answered, I appreciate the answer.

All of those coaches left for a reason, if you can’t connect those dots, I can’t help you.
I used to talk to him about it...Now it's not a Topic of discussion..and really hasn't been for awhile...But he still loves to reminisce about his time at UM....And his memory is staggering...

Harbaugh will call people cheaters and they get mad at him and criticize his personality. No one criticized the substance. Espn is in bed wifh sec. talk
to a recruits family. No one throws the type of bags sec schools do including Clemson or urban Meyer.

Side note, dabo is about to pass Saban in my eyes. He’s better at developing talent too

I used to talk to him about it...Now it's not a Topic of discussion..and really hasn't been for awhile...But he still loves to reminisce about his time at UM....And his memory is staggering...
Believe me, if ever ran into the guy the topic of him leaving would never come up. I would be way more interested in the process of building and when he knew what he had when most really didn’t know. Lot of great backs at Miami, Portis is still my guy. Butch found him.

Believe me, if ever ran into the guy the topic of him leaving would never come up. I would be way more interested in the process of building and when he knew what he had when most really didn’t know. Lot of great backs at Miami, Portis is still my guy. Butch found him.
But didn't see eye to eye with Portis...Hence him not selecting him in Cleveland....Butch loved Edge and James Jackson like no ones business..

Advertisement
This is some A-symptomatic COVID type ****. “Bacteria in the membrane.... Bacteria in the brain!”

Back away from the keyboard, sir.

Butch (in 6yrs under Sanctions).."Accounted" for more 1st Rounders (25) than Saban has in 13yrs, without the Benefit of Humongous $$$ Bags....
Too make it even more of a Joke.....
Butch, in 6yrs, not only eviserates Saban in the 1st Round Dept...but at the same time 5 of Butch's Kids from that time are in Canton, and some being just a matter of time....
Reed
Edge
Wayne
Dre
Wilfork....Saban will Never touch that....

If Butch wouldn’t have encountered that shizza while at UNC, and the players wouldn’t have gotten into some *****, he Probably would have produced another 6-8 first rounders there.

If Butch wouldn’t have encountered that shizza while at UNC, and the players wouldn’t have gotten into some *****, he Probably would have produced another 6-8 first rounders there.
....and not to be left out...When JJ wanted someone Bad...and needed to close the deal...It was Butch who closed it...

....and not to be left out...When JJ wanted someone Bad...and needed to close the deal...It was Butch who closed it...
exactly.

facts are Saban has dominated recruiting fora decade and most people cant name 5 nfl players from Bama. Butch in a few years under sanctions sent players who dominated the NFL. Clemson and Ohio State make better pros than Saban. Take Saban's money away and hes more likely to be the 48-16 guy at LSU.

Advertisement
Saban is a better coach. Far better. But - no one can compete with Butch when it comes to identifying CFB talent, and developing that talent. My personal opinion. Meyer has produced a ***** ton of first rounders, but they don’t stick like Butch’s guys and don’t become HOFers.

exactly.

facts are Saban has dominated recruiting fora decade and most people cant name 5 nfl players from Bama. Butch in a few years under sanctions sent players who dominated the NFL. Clemson and Ohio State make better pros than Saban. Take Saban's money away and hes more likely to be the 48-16 guy at LSU.
Don't get me wrong...i'm not saying Saban isn't a Great Coach....but in the Last 35+ yrs of CFB....There isn't a Coach who Evaluated...Recruited..and Prepared players better than Butch...and to do it in 6yrs under sanctions, while giving the NCAA the Middle finger...makes it that much more impressive...

Don't get me wrong...i'm not saying Saban isn't a Great Coach....but in the Last 35+ yrs of CFB....There isn't a Coach who Evaluated...Recruited..and Prepared players better than Butch...and to do it in 6yrs under sanctions, while giving the NCAA the Middle finger...makes it that much more impressive...
saban doesnt have an administration that hates him lol. Listen , Saban is very good coach. he has done ballsy stuff in games most coaches would never do. he gives bama a great return on investment. UGA probably spends more and gets less in return lol

Saban is a better coach. Far better. But - no one can compete with Butch when it comes to identifying CFB talent, and developing that talent. My personal opinion. Meyer has produced a ***** ton of first rounders, but they don’t stick like Butch’s guys and don’t become HOFers.
Meyer's 1st rounders aren't going to Canton....He also did it at 2 Powerful Free spending State schools...and still doesn't touch what Butch did in only 6yrs....Give Saban...Dabo...Meyer etc...the Sanctions Butch had...at a Notorious Cheap *** school....and see if they could've matched what Butch did...

Advertisement
Meyer's 1st rounders aren't going to Canton....He also did it at 2 Powerful Free spending State schools...and still doesn't touch what Butch did in only 6yrs....Give Saban...Dabo...Meyer etc...the Sanctions Butch had...at a Notorious Cheap *** school....and see if they could've matched what Butch did...
they wouldnt have offered Ed Reed because he didnt have enough stars lol
Urban's QB's are all trash too. Ken Dorsey had a longer career than most of them

Let me know when Urban...Dabo..or Saban comes close to matching this...Everyone of these Kids were Evaluated...Recruited..and Developed by Butch and HIS handpicked staff...Here we are almost 20yrs later...with Gargantuan $$$ Bags being dropped like nothing...and STILL can't touch the Azzwhipping these kids layed on CFB and the NFL...
13220960_1229821450361264_2351333540229910272_n.jpg

For being honest? He's rebuilt like 3 Programs...

You've made your opinion abundantly clear. Why do you feel compelled to repeat it constantly? Do you have a "Nick Saban" alert set up so that you can chime in every time anyone mentions him?

At any rate, this thread sucks, I opened it expecting to hear the truth about how Saban has photos of Emmert cavorting with underage boys.

Advertisement

This is a blatant lie.

He wasn’t under sanctions for six years. Not a single player on the 2001 team was recruited with sanctions looming. They were concluding or had ended when they signed here.

While under sanctions Butch’s teams got curb stomped by every any good team they played.

they wouldnt have offered Ed Reed because he didnt have enough stars lol
Urban's QB's are all trash too. Ken Dorsey had a longer career than most of them
Curtis Johnson closed on the Louisiana Guys (Reed and Wayne)...and AGAIN another unbelievable Coach hired by Butch...

Let me know when Urban...Dabo..or Saban comes close to matching this...Everyone of these Kids were Evaluated...Recruited..and Developed by Butch and HIS handpicked staff...Here we are almost 20yrs later...with Gargantuan $$$ Bags being dropped like nothing...and STILL can't touch the Azzwhipping these kids layed on CFB and the NFL...
View attachment 125500

I will add this, so that maybe a few CIS posters can learn something new about Butch (and Pete).

It wasn't just scouting/game film, and some magical bionic eye installed in Butch's head...Butch and Pete put together 5 x 7 note cards on every recruit, they talked to EVERYBODY who would talk to them, all the way down to school janitors, just to assemble a complete picture of every kid's character and competitiveness.

There have not been 2 guys who set up a more thorough background-checking system on recruits until the recent modern-day computerized data/unlimited staff era.

Butch still has a great eye for talent, but some of his other skills have been copied and utilized more widely over the last few years.

I
You've made your opinion abundantly clear. Why do you feel compelled to repeat it constantly? Do you have a "Nick Saban" alert set up so that you can chime in every time anyone mentions him?

At any rate, this thread sucks, I opened it expecting to hear the truth about how Saban has photos of Emmert cavorting with underage boys.
I'm just replying to people

Advertisement
Back