Truth about Saban

Advertisement
Great minds? He gets recovering alcoholics and guys who want to bang college girls or guys Locksley, enos,etc?

Butch had how many coaches become HC coaches?
Who produced better rbs than sol?
Schiano made Rutgers a respected program

Not as many as Saban. No comparison, but again, what are people trying to prove here? Butch isn't in little Nick's league.

Not as many as Saban. No comparison, but again, what are people trying to prove here? Butch isn't in little Nick's league.
@caneinorlando was making the point that butch set us up for a 3 peat with limited resources and an sanctions. he didnt have a full roster for a couple years. his coaching tree and nfl players tree is bette than Sabans. hes trying to say give him sabans resoruces and he probably win more and basically turn the NFL into his league.

Saban is Saban, meaning he’s done well with the resources at his disposal. He’s slipping some from the massive amounts of departures he’s had at the assistant coaches and analysts level. You can’t keep dominating the recruiting trail with all those defections. Then add suspect game day coaching in big games and the allure of Bama and Saban are beginning to wear off. I’m sure kids see that Miami is the new, shiny toy in the toy chest. With an exciting brand of offensive football coupled with an aggressive defense means Miami is a desired destination again. Add to that great analysts and recruiters finally and it’s easy to see the U’s on the upswing in college football. I can’t wait to win on the field so we can finally have the success we’ve been waiting on for the past 15+ years.

Ummm Bama may not be as dominant as it once was looking CLEARLY better than everyone in the nation but they are still dominant on the recruiting trail they have **** near 80% blue chippers that make up their roster and alot of those kids are top 100.. I don't think they're "slipping" on the trail I think other schools are just recruiting at the same level.. hopefully we can do this for multiple classes

Butch (in 6yrs under Sanctions).."Accounted" for more 1st Rounders (25) than Saban has in 13yrs, without the Benefit of Humongous $$$ Bags....
Too make it even more of a Joke.....
Butch, in 6yrs, not only eviserates Saban in the 1st Round Dept...but at the same time 5 of Butch's Kids from that time are in Canton, and some being just a matter of time....
Reed
Edge
Wayne
Dre
Wilfork....Saban will Never touch that....

Advertisement
Butch (in 6yrs under Sanctions).."Accounted" for more 1st Rounders (25) than Saban has in 13yrs, without the Benefit of Humongous $$$ Bags....
Butch, in 6yrs, not only eviserates Saban in the 1st Round Dept...but at the same time 5 of Butch's Kids from that time are in Canton, and some being just a matter of time....
Reed
Edge
Wayne
Dre
This may have been covered and I know he got the loot from the Browns but does he regret leaving? It’s a business and you have to get paid, totally get it. Just curious if he looks back and wonders what could have been. Again, probably covered 1,000 times but the crystal ball saga has given me an ice cream headache.

Reed
Edge
Wayne
Dre
Do you think there were no bags in the 90s?

Listen; I’m not going to hate on Saban. The guy is 152-23 as a CFB coach. He was a good coach at Toledo which prompted him to get a P5 job at a deplorable Mich St team. Within several years, MSU became a solid football program. Once he got to the SEC, renowned for their bag game, he turned LSU back into a power.

The problem w/ Saban in the NFL is that he tried to treat grown men who are millionaires as if they were college kids and that chit didn’t work. But, when he got hired by Bama, I knew it would be a problem b/c

1. He wasn’t too far removed from winning a chip & sending LSU guys to the NFL &

2. Bama was BIG Desperate to get back to their glory years

So between his college coaching rep + a blue blood desperate for being elite again, I knew Bama was going to be a problem. It’s no different than when Coach Cal got hired by UK; between his rep for producing NBA picks and a school desperate to return to glory as a blue blood, it was going to be a problem.

But Idgaf about Saban or what these other lame *** schools doing; what I care about is what we are doing. Saban is losing his Midas touch. Saban is the least of our worries; we still gotta worry bout Dabo, Day, Riley, Smart (although he’s tapering off), along w making sure UF & FSU stay out the back yard.

Once we start winning, we ain’t never gotta worry bout none of these bytches, and we can stop talking about other teams & their coaches so much, unless they get caught w herpes from their mistress.......or Mullen’s wife finally take game day kisses too far.

Advertisement
Aside from small stuff from 95-2000 there weren't...there was certainly no SEC type bags....The NCAA were waiting like clockwork for UM to Stub there toe in the slightest....Administration watched Butch like a Hawk...
They watched Butch, fine. But stuff was going on. Plenty of businesses were giving players perks and the NCAA would not have been happy about it.

They watched Butch, fine. But stuff was going on. Plenty of businesses were giving players perks and the NCAA would not have been happy about it.
Businesses giving Perks??...So What??
That happens EVERYWHERE...thats the small stuff I alluded to....Are you seriously gonna compare the little Benefits that UM players recieved in that 95-2000 timeline, In comparison to...
Houses...
Hundred of Thousands in $$
Mortgage's paid...
Luxury Vehicles...etc..????....C'mon Man.....

@TheEye ....If Butch did what he did under the circumstances that surrounded him from Day 1 at UM....Just imagine what he would've done if he had the "Full" backing of the University...with a unlimited $$$$ flow at his disposal..

This may have been covered and I know he got the loot from the Browns but does he regret leaving? It’s a business and you have to get paid, totally get it. Just curious if he looks back and wonders what could have been. Again, probably covered 1,000 times but the crystal ball saga has given me an ice cream headache.
We all regret certain decisions we've made in life...He had every right to leave...
Howard left outta nowhere...Gets Pass...
JJ Hauled *** outta nowhere (takes 3/4 of staff..Butch included)..Gets Pass...
Erickson leaves Hecht running a 4.2...with a Mountainous Pile of **** for Butch to correct...Gets Pass....
Butch leaves..(and leaves the Greatest collection of talent in NCAA History....And gets Vilified.......And please Spare me with the "Those other coaches Won NCs BS)
Everyone of them had Waaayyyy more to work with, when they were handed the job....If Butch stays...We have 7-8 NCs...I have Absolutely No doubt....if his 97-2000 classes were Historic (And they were)...Imagine what they would've looked like from, let's say...2001-2005 (with no restrictions)..Alot better than Clappy's....and if you think Nevin Shapiro would've been Frolicking around GreenTree and Hecht like he owned the place, while Butch was HC...I've got news for ya....

Last edited:
Advertisement
He has unlimited resources. I confident in saying this and @caneinorlando no WAY he does what butch did under those circumstances in the late 90s. Saban 48-16 at LSU, Butch was 51-20 at Miami and the 5-6 year he didnt even have a full roster.
Saban has one undefeated year his whole career, butch was definitely going undefeated the two years coker did.
I’ve said this previously...when you have the number one recruiting class for eight years in a row, with countless blue chip players...the fact that Saban had only one undefeated season shows that he has actually underperformed. The gap between Alabama and everyone else is so large that he should have lost maybe two games in ten years. It’s like an NFL team that gets 25 first rounders each year and has no salary cap...that team should never lose.

Advertisement
Greatest cheater in the history of college athletics. Literally running the program like the patriots, with benefits for everyone. Changed the game forever. Urban is a close second, but a better coach and evaluator of talent. He’s elite at both picking athletes and coaches. Saben is a good coach now.

Businesses giving Perks??...So What??
That happens EVERYWHERE...thats the small stuff I alluded to....Are you seriously gonna compare the little Benefits that UM players recieved in that 95-2000 timeline, In comparison to...
Houses...
Hundred of Thousands in $$
Mortgage's paid...
Luxury Vehicles...etc..????....C'mon Man.....
Like 35 Hawaiians can afford to travel to every bama game lol

We all regret certain decisions we've made in life...He had every right to leave...
Howard left outta nowhere...Gets Pass...
JJ Hauled *** outta nowhere (takes 3/4 of staff..Butch included)..Gets Pass...
Erickson leaves Hecht running a 4.2...with a Mountainous Pile of **** for Butch to correct...Gets Pass....
Butch leaves..(and leaves the Greatest collection of talent in NCAA History....And gets Vilified.......And please Spare me with the "Those other coaches Won NCs BS)
Everyone of them had Waaayyyy more to work with, when they were handed the job....If Butch stays...We have 7-8 NCs...I have Absolutely No doubt....if his 97-2000 classes were Historic (And they were)...Imagine what they would've looked like from, let's say...2001-2005 (with no restrictions)..Alot better than Clappy's....and if you think Nevin Shapiro would've been Frolicking around GreenTree and Hecht like he owned the place, while Butch was HC...I've got news for ya....
Your first sentence answered my question. All I needed. I have no problem with Butch leaving. It’s a business and a dirty one at that my man.

The rest of the post is also true but all I wanted to know if it ever bums the dude out that he left. You answered, I appreciate the answer.

All of those coaches left for a reason, if you can’t connect those dots, I can’t help you.

Advertisement
Back