Truth about Saban

sstcane

Sophomore
Premium
We all know that Saban has been dominant at Alabama.

Looking at his overall record some things may surprise you.

His first 4 seasons at Michigan State:

6-5-1
6-6
7-5
6-6

LSU first season:
8-4

Alabama first season:
7-6

Look at how he did with the Spartans and Dolphins when the talent level of the teams are more even.

The boosters at BAMA have bought off recruits so that the team has 5* players that are 3rd string.

This is the year that the relationships the coaching staffs have developed is starting to really show up.

We won’t be able to ut bid some of the other schools, but the dogs we have behind the scenes are really helping the recruiting effort.

Coaches in the last decade have not done it, but Manny has made most of the necessary changes (except Patke).

The offence is going to be so different this year and it’s going to bring excitement to the recruits. We aren’t quite at the Championship level with depth, but it’s coming.

Landing a class that’s in the 280’s (247 class rank) and landing 3-4 5* players is something we haven’t seen in Forever.

If Miami starts keeping all the top players in So Fla and sprinkle in a few OOS giants watch out.

Advertisement
He’s a great coach who was put in a perfect situation for both parties.

No matter how much of an insufferable **** he is, that’s undeniable. But he’s older and keeping that level of success is almost impossible.

We can do serious damage right now the way things are playing out.

Saban was 46-18 and LSU. He’s a very good coach. If money meant everything richt and Kirby would have won nc’s at uga. He’s made very tough decisions in games that 95% of colleges wouldn’t have the balls to do. You can’t say urban Meyer is great but Saban isn’t

Advertisement
Saban might bee the greatest college football coach inn history when it’s all said and done. Yes, bag dropping has played a part, butt that’s part of the game.

He’s a *****. He left the Dolphins like a *****. He couldn’t even man up. He will always be a *****. He’s a failure as a NFL coach.He mastered the college game with bag dropping. It’s not hard when you have 25 first round picks each year.

He’s a great coach who was put in a perfect situation for both parties.

No matter how much of an insufferable **** he is, that’s undeniable. But he’s older and keeping that level of success is almost impossible.

We can do serious damage right now the way things are playing out.

he’s allowed to do things other schools are not!!! His buddy who hired him at lsu runs the ncaa...given the resources they have the lax underwrite and the low academic requirements at Alabama and LSU it’s perfect for this type of success! They still don’t match up to the type of success we had and if manny rights this ship watch up we can repeat it!!!

Advertisement
he’s allowed to do things other schools are not!!! His buddy who hired him at lsu runs the ncaa...given the resources they have the lax underwrite and the low academic requirements at Alabama and LSU it’s perfect for this type of success! They still don’t match up to the type of success we had and if manny rights this ship watch up we can repeat it!!!

Like I said, he is a great coach that ended up in perfect position for himself and the school he works for.

And they do match up with any success we have ever had. He has done an incredible job of maintaining elite level success for over a decade while other schools like USC, FSU, Florida and UM, who went on 3-4 year dominant runs then faded, could not. We'll see what happens at Clemson.

But in my opinion Saban isn't what he was and his recruiting dominance is slipping. With everything going on, this is our time to make noise, which Manny and his guys obviously are.

Now the next and most important step. Winning.

We all know that Saban has been dominant at Alabama.

Looking at his overall record some things may surprise you.

His first 4 seasons at Michigan State:

6-5-1
6-6
7-5
6-6

LSU first season:
8-4

Alabama first season:
7-6

Look at how he did with the Spartans and Dolphins when the talent level of the teams are more even.

The boosters at BAMA have bought off recruits so that the team has 5* players that are 3rd string

This is the year that the relationships the coaching staffs have developed is starting to really show up.

We won’t be able to ut bid some of the other schools, but the dogs we have behind the scenes are really helping the recruiting effort.

Coaches in the last decade have not done it, but Manny has made most of the necessary changes (except Patke).

The offence is going to be so different this year and it’s going to bring excitement to the recruits. We aren’t quite at the Championship level with depth, but it’s coming.

Landing a class that’s in the 280’s (247 class rank) and landing 3-4 5* players is something we haven’t seen in Forever.

If Miami starts keeping all the top players in So Fla and sprinkle in a few OOS giants watch out.

That's the argument I make to everyone. He's a cheating sack of ****. That bowl game against Clemson was another prime example. He got outcoached in my opinion.

I wouldn't say Saban is even better than Urban Meyer. Meyer won big at Bowling Green, Utah, Florida, and Ohio State. Saban deserves credit for the culture he's curated at Bama but he's only had this level of success when hes had every advantage. They've been able to cheat with impunity from unprecedented bagging to steroids. With those advantages he shouldn't get all the credit he does because what hes accomplished in those conditions should be considered the minimum.

Advertisement
Saban is going to be my generations joe pa/ Bobby Bowden. I’m 31. I feel at sometime he is going to not have the same appeal, just a matter of when. Also does he retire before they happens?

Advertisement
Saban is Saban, meaning he’s done well with the resources at his disposal. He’s slipping some from the massive amounts of departures he’s had at the assistant coaches and analysts level. You can’t keep dominating the recruiting trail with all those defections. Then add suspect game day coaching in big games and the allure of Bama and Saban are beginning to wear off. I’m sure kids see that Miami is the new, shiny toy in the toy chest. With an exciting brand of offensive football coupled with an aggressive defense means Miami is a desired destination again. Add to that great analysts and recruiters finally and it’s easy to see the U’s on the upswing in college football. I can’t wait to win on the field so we can finally have the success we’ve been waiting on for the past 15+ years.

So dumb. Saban has won championships at 2 schools and posted a 9-7 season with the Dolphins with Gus Frerotte as his QB

Gotta give the guy props. He’s one of the best if not the best college coaches ever. My question is... WHO TF CARES? We doing things we haven’t done in forever in recruiting and OP starting a thread about this guy? People talking about him in other threads? Seriously? Do I have some canes over here or is what!? Jesus Christ let BAMA and all the trauma they’ve caused us in recruiting go... we bout to start our own run. Lets Go Canes!

Saban just gets the best players that's it he's not some genius and he's not teaching players what they can't learn elsewhere. This cycle is a changing of the guard and if we lockdown sfla starting this cycle bama and their reign will be over cause they can't survive without sfla elites.

And we will take back our fuqin throne and maul all those piece of **** racist schools. Fuq them all

Advertisement
Back