Tropical Park

Some of you are OK with a stadium miles and miles away from campus?? huh?? I guess you enjoy the scenic views from intrastate highways.

Good points made about the track record of attendance - however, that's anecdotal evidence. The teams have sucked since the stadium was moved to No Life, so we cannot readily compare a competitive/winning UM attendance in both locations.

I had season tickets during arguable UM's best season in a decade, 2009, and No Life was a ****** ghost town; disappointment because I was really hoping to rub elbows with the bourgeoisie of Weston.

Advertisement
I'm officially rooting for 2 things this season

-That we go as close to 0-12 as possible so there's zero chance Golden is retained
-That Dolphin Stadium blows up on an off day when no workers are inside.

Everything surrounding this program absolutely sucks right now...this HAS to be rock bottom.

We need a venue in which a crowd of 45k for a nooner against Wake or NC State still provides some semblance of an environment and an actual home field advantage for the big games. The arguments that question the motivation for a location that isn't in the waste lands of Miami Gardens by calling into question previous attendance numbers and student body size are missing the point. A smaller venue in a more desirable location with a larger student turnout would provide that environment. It's not as simple as saying it needs to be within walking distance to campus but moving it out of an area that's only redeeming quality is proximity to a turnpike on-ramp is a start. Anybody that thinks these renovations are going to create a home field advantage for (at best) one or two games per year is kidding themselves. They're creating a more comfortable NFL style experience not anything resembling a college atmosphere.

That stadium addresses a lot of the problems with atmosphere. Lowers capacity to a more appropriate number, moves seats closer, adds a roof for shade noise containment. SLS will be a selling point once the roof is up

Advertisement
Back