TRob is a bigger threat than Randy......

it's not a huge deal and he developed less than half of the players you put on that list. SMH it's amazing how someone legend can grow just because of the asshats currently employed at UM

He was the defensive coordinator for all those players so how did he only develop half on that list? Facts are facts.

being DC doesn't mean you're developing player considering they spin the majority of their time with a position coach. Again your wrong. The 4 years Chuck pagano spent with Reed had more to do with his development then one season with Randy calling plays. Same goes for Rumph. Mark Stoops developed Meast and Rolle. Vince???man give me a break you might want to go and learn about who UM's DL coach was back in those days. I'll give you a hint he coached and developed the likes of Kenard land, Kenny Holmes, William Joseph, Mc Dougle, Jamaal Green, and Damien Lewis long before he got a chance to mold big Vince. LMAO at putting Sam Shields on there. When was he developing Shields?? While he was playing offense his his first three seasons or was it his SR year when Randy was the HC and wasn't really doing any individual coaching or developing anymore? If so that's really sad because I'm sure Sam and Joe Witt would really like to have a word with you if you truly believe that.

I can go on and on but I want because it's clear you are just pulling names of guys who played defense for Miami during Randy's tenure and just attributing anything they did to Randy and have no idea what you're really talking about.

The DC teaches the scheme and X's and O's to his players while also delegating which techniques that his assistance will teach. What do you think the DC does during practice?

You think the DC just sits around doing nothing? During individual drills the DC goes from group to group making sure his techniques and philosophies are being taught correctly.

After individual drills the defense comes together as a unit and the DC is the one teaching.

buddy you're wrong Randy wasn't delegating **** to the position coaches there. Again you might want to go learn about who some of the old position coaches were back then, you know the Butch holdovers who were already putting guys in the league before Randy came back to Miami and the DB coach who actually brought over techniques from what he learned with his brother to add to what Butch and Chuck had already left behind for Randy to use with the DB's. This ain't opinion either. There is a reason the UM defenses under Randy the HC (who was still delegating his scheme and techniques to his assistants that's why he had 3 DC in 4 years) looked like *** compared to the defenses Miami had before the last of the Butch old guard on defense left. Funny how those garbage players on defense during Randy carousel of DC that were taking the brunt of the blame during those years started looking a lot better once they got with good coaches in the league.

Advertisement
it's not a huge deal and he developed less than half of the players you put on that list. SMH it's amazing how someone legend can grow just because of the asshats currently employed at UM

He was the defensive coordinator for all those players so how did he only develop half on that list? Facts are facts.

being DC doesn't mean you're developing player considering they spin the majority of their time with a position coach. Again your wrong. The 4 years Chuck pagano spent with Reed had more to do with his development then one season with Randy calling plays. Same goes for Rumph. Mark Stoops developed Meast and Rolle. Vince???man give me a break you might want to go and learn about who UM's DL coach was back in those days. I'll give you a hint he coached and developed the likes of Kenard land, Kenny Holmes, William Joseph, Mc Dougle, Jamaal Green, and Damien Lewis long before he got a chance to mold big Vince. LMAO at putting Sam Shields on there. When was he developing Shields?? While he was playing offense his his first three seasons or was it his SR year when Randy was the HC and wasn't really doing any individual coaching or developing anymore? If so that's really sad because I'm sure Sam and Joe Witt would really like to have a word with you if you truly believe that.

I can go on and on but I want because it's clear you are just pulling names of guys who played defense for Miami during Randy's tenure and just attributing anything they did to Randy and have no idea what you're really talking about.

The DC teaches the scheme and X's and O's to his players while also delegating which techniques that his assistance will teach. What do you think the DC does during practice?

You think the DC just sits around doing nothing? During individual drills the DC goes from group to group making sure his techniques and philosophies are being taught correctly.

After individual drills the defense comes together as a unit and the DC is the one teaching.

buddy you're wrong Randy wasn't delegating **** to the position coaches there. Again you might want to go learn about who some of the old position coaches were back then, you know the Butch holdovers who were already putting guys in the league before Randy came back to Miami and the DB coach who actually brought over techniques from what he learned with his brother to add to what Butch and Chuck had already left behind for Randy to use with the DB's. This ain't opinion either. There is a reason the UM defenses under Randy the HC (who was still delegating his scheme and techniques to his assistants that's why he had 3 DC in 4 years) looked like *** compared to the defenses Miami had before the last of the Butch old guard on defense left. Funny how those garbage players on defense during Randy carousel of DC that were taking the brunt of the blame during those years started looking a lot better once they got with good coaches in the league.

Ridiculous lol smh

So Randy developed a defensive scheme and philosophy on how he wanted to play but he did not delegate any of that to his position coaches?

Thanks a lot, Alfredo. Your complete ineptitude has only enabled the delusional that insist on bowing to altar of Gata Randy and Gata Jedd. One dude STILL angling to even get a corchinator job and another who built his "legend" here as a Bill Walsh level of playcaller because he made two below average QB's occasionally look average. Woooooooooo! Bring em both back. Co head corches! One gots da D and one gots da O! We back. Ice will handle everything else. Problem solved. No need for Butch to ever be mentioned again.

Back to the original discussion, TeeBob will be a bigger factor here than Radio. UiF will get the same kids disirregardless of him. The new problem we now face since we're a joke is even more poaching from the non-traditional recruiting rivals. Texas would be a legit threat if Chuck Weak wasn't actually a corch. TeeBob will be a real threat at Auburn. A guy like Coley goes to Georgia then throw them into the mix. We're obviously beyond vulnerable and eventually schools not called Louisville and WVU are going to establish more legit pipelines here.

Advertisement
'

So Randy developed a defensive scheme and philosophy on how he wanted to play but he did not delegate any of that to his position coaches?

Lol

what scheme did he develop? Did I miss the part where Randy was the creator of some new defensive scheme or did he just run more of the same of **** Miami had already been doing for years with a slight tweak. Therefore he didn't have to teach new techniques to coaches that were already running what he was doing. Did you even see what we were doing during practices back then???? How are you going to credit a guy for having someone do something they had already been doing for years man give me a break.

Just because **** is a joke in Coral Gables right now doesn't make Randy this mythical beast all of a sudden. There's a reason Randy was passed over for the DC job at sorry assArkansas for a guy who had been monkey boys lap dog for years and didn't have close to the resume Randy had. So now he's taking a lateral position at a school he dispissed and used to talk crap about.

Why are you fools looking to give credit to Duh'Nofrio or Folden or anyone else for taking a top 15 talent like Perryman and "developing" him into a 2nd rounder?

Just because a guy on your team gets drafted doesn't mean you maximized him or his potential or "developed" him.

what scheme did he develop? Did I miss the part where Randy was the creator of some new defensive scheme or did he just run more of the same of **** Miami had already been doing for years with a slight tweak. Therefore he didn't have to teach new techniques to coaches that were already running what he was doing. Did you even see what we were doing during practices back then???? How are you going to credit a guy for having someone do something they had already been doing for years man give me a break.

Just because **** is a joke in Coral Gables right now doesn't make Randy this mythical beast all of a sudden. There's a reason Randy was passed over for the DC job at sorry assArkansas for a guy who had been monkey boys lap dog for years and didn't have close to the resume Randy had. So now he's taking a lateral position at a school he dispissed and used to talk crap about.

So now Randy did not develop his scheme and philosophy and players just lined up and did whatever? Then you say Randy ran what was already being done before he got to Miami as DC.

We did not run the same defense we ran when Butch Davis was head coach. When Randy arrived from the Dolphins he brought in his own defensive system

Last edited:
Advertisement
II

Yea you're right. Shannon was passed over for the dc and moved to associate HC. Smh.

And just cuz Shannon sucked as a hc doesn't anything bs you say about him is true. Ur making yourself look dumb as **** right now.

IB YOU GOTS TROB DEN YOU GOTS TROB. YOU HABTRPB GOOD.HERERUIT.GOOD.hehae.goodrelativewith cruit cause trob be trob

So now Randy did not develop his scheme and philosophy and players just lined up and did whatever? Then you say Randy ran what was already being done before he got to Miami as DC.

We did not run the same defense we ran when Butch Davis was head coach. When Randy arrived from the Dolphins he brought in his own defensive system

Yea you're right. Shannon was passed over for the dc and moved to associate HC. Smh.

And just cuz Shannon sucked as a hc doesn't anything bs you say about him is true. Ur making yourself look dumb as **** right now.

listen man yall want to start talking X and O's lets go because I doubt y'all really want to go down that road with me so find someone else. As someone who has sat down and talk with the man during coaching clinincs so I know wth he was trying to teach. But since you're so smart go ahead and break down Randy defensive system that he created and brought with him from the Dolphins lol. If you need some help I'll be more than happy to post some pictures of UM defense during the time Butch was here (pre Schiano) and during the time Randy was here and y'all can break down why they aren't both 4-3 Over that they both learned from JJ (who btw was also the Dolphins coach when Randy was there before Wanny took over who also was a 4-3 Over guy). We can talk about the assignments and responsibilities of the players in those positions, but I'll give you a hint (there basically going to be the same **** thing). However I doubt will go through all that because you already showed your hand when you talked about Randy developing Ed among others so I know you're grasping at straws.

Like I said if Randy is this great guru and developer that you two keep making out to be why, is it four years later and the best he can be is a position coach (lmao at those fake as associate HC blah blah blah titles like they mean anything Coker had like 4 meaningless coaching titles on staff his last year here). Who cares what happened when he was the HC he was the DC of a national championship team and developed multiple NFL stars. It's not like failing as a HC stops guys who are considered great Coordinators from getting another Coordinator job, just ask Muschamp, Lane, Greg Robinson, Fickell...I can go on and on. **** even sorry *** Dorrell who was considered the west coast version of Randy is a Coordinator. Randy is a decent coach nothing more. Done with this stupid back and forth get back at me when your ready to actually breakdown and validate what your saying.

Advertisement
Why are you fools looking to give credit to Duh'Nofrio or Folden or anyone else for taking a top 15 talent like Perryman and "developing" him into a 2nd rounder?

Just because a guy on your team gets drafted doesn't mean you maximized him or his potential or "developed" him.

Someone with some sense... thanks i agree 100% with you

Cause im pretty sure TRob is gettin credit for developing Janoris Jenkins, Matt Elam, Reggie Nelson and a few other DBs he coached at UF in the league.... i dont here about There former DC DJ Durkin gettin credit for them

Cause im pretty sure TRob is gettin credit for developing Janoris Jenkins, Matt Elam, Reggie Nelson and a few other DBs he coached at UF in the league.... i dont here about There former DC DJ Durkin gettin credit for them

Most of the credit should always go to the player. Position coaches, coordinators etc play a small part.

Advertisement

listen man yall want to start talking X and O's lets go because I doubt y'all really want to go down that road with me so find someone else. As someone who has sat down and talk with the man during coaching clinincs so I know wth he was trying to teach. But since you're so smart go ahead and break down Randy defensive system that he created and brought with him from the Dolphins lol. If you need some help I'll be more than happy to post some pictures of UM defense during the time Butch was here (pre Schiano) and during the time Randy was here and y'all can break down why they aren't both 4-3 Over that they both learned from JJ (who btw was also the Dolphins coach when Randy was there before Wanny took over who also was a 4-3 Over guy). We can talk about the assignments and responsibilities of the players in those positions, but I'll give you a hint (there basically going to be the same **** thing). However I doubt will go through all that because you already showed your hand when you talked about Randy developing Ed among others so I know you're grasping at straws.

Like I said if Randy is this great guru and developer that you two keep making out to be why, is it four years later and the best he can be is a position coach (lmao at those fake as associate HC blah blah blah titles like they mean anything Coker had like 4 meaningless coaching titles on staff his last year here). Who cares what happened when he was the HC he was the DC of a national championship team and developed multiple NFL stars. It's not like failing as a HC stops guys who are considered great Coordinators from getting another Coordinator job, just ask Muschamp, Lane, Greg Robinson, Fickell...I can go on and on. **** even sorry *** Dorrell who was considered the west coast version of Randy is a Coordinator. Randy is a decent coach nothing more. Done with this stupid back and forth get back at me when your ready to actually breakdown and validate what your saying.

If Randy didn't bring is own scheme to UM then who's scheme was he running? It sure was not Schiano's scheme? Firstly, Randy's scheme got the most out of his players. His athletes played fast and instinctive. His defenses were also fundamentally sound.

Randy's defense was far more aggressive than Schiano's. Randy would bring **** near everyone up close and incorporated an extremely physical style of play at corner. His DBs would maul the opposing receivers. And where do you get your information that the position coaches did everything? You must have never been around the program because Randy was very hands on. Randy did not play around when it came to fundamentals and technique and took that extremely serious.

Your problem is that you don't want to give the man credit for his results. His position coaches where teaching his scheme and philosophy. Without the right scheme those players don't develop similar to how our players don't develop under Golden and D'Onfrio's scheme. I coached defense on the college level so I know from experience. As a positions coach you teach what the DC tells you to teach.

When the DC is ready to call a play your group of players better know how to run it and their technique better be what the DC asked for, or their will be issues. As a position coach you don't teach what you want to teach and you must follow guidelines.

As a position coach you work on the little things to improve the player such as hand placement and making reads for example. A good DC will check over your work and in many cases correct what they see wrong. When the defense comes together as a unit it is the DC who is doing the instructing and coaching. Position coaches are very important but not as important as the DC in player development. A poor scheme and philosophy will prevent development no matter how great a players technique is.

yap yap yap...learn to read I never said Randy ran the 4-3 under that monkey boy did, I literally told you what he ran and told you who he learned it from. It wasn't his scheme, he wasn't any type of innovator. That's why he had so much trouble adjusting "his scheme" as you keep calling it when spread offenses came into play. I guarantee if you ask Ed Reed about his development as a player Randy wouldn't be the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd name out of his mouth, even though you said Randy developed him lol. Again don't give me your opinion of what you think they were teaching when I saw it first hand for myself under both regimes. I gave him credit for what he is which is a decent coach and the market agrees with me because he STILL can't get a job above the position coach level. Like I said until you're ready to start talking X and O's formations, assignments etc this is a worthless discussion, because more aggressive isn't any type of football play I've ever learned or coached.

yap yap yap...learn to read I never said Randy ran the 4-3 under that monkey boy did, I literally told you what he ran and told you who he learned it from. It wasn't his scheme, he wasn't any type of innovator. That's why he had so much trouble adjusting "his scheme" as you keep calling it when spread offenses came into play. I guarantee if you ask Ed Reed about his development as a player Randy wouldn't be the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd name out of his mouth, even though you said Randy developed him lol. Again don't give me your opinion of what you think they were teaching when I saw it first hand for myself under both regimes. I gave him credit for what he is which is a decent coach and the market agrees with me because he STILL can't get a job above the position coach level. Like I said until you're ready to start talking X and O's formations, assignments etc this is a worthless discussion, because more aggressive isn't any type of football play I've ever learned or coached.

Lol man idgaf who he learned out from common sense tells u he didn't invent the chit he taught the chit with his own twist.....I know that for a fact bc of the match ups he allowed ....I can talk X's and o's all day baby but it do t mean chit in this topic

Advertisement
Back