Trevor Forever - Lawrence hints at 2021 Clemson season

Lawrence will be the first pick in the draft next May. No way the Jets bring back Gase, and they might have a complete new regime. Maybe they will get the right GM/HC. Or, Lawrence pulls an Eli Manning and forces whomever drafts him to trade him.

Advertisement
1604017716902.png

Advertisement
If this isn't evidence Clemson pays better than the NFL, I don't know what is…

Whatever they gave Nick Saban for his old a$$ to recover in 6 days from Covid I am sure they are going to give T.L.

He will most definitely be ready for ND.

But now maybe T.L can humble himself and stop all this "Yeah, not sure if I am coming out or not. Might stay another year" talk. Being the #1 pick and playing football for loads of money is a huge privilege and I hope he realizes that.

I've been (somewhat jokingly) calling this for a few weeks now - that Trevor Lawrence and Travis Etienne would come back for Clemson's 2021 season due to frozen eligibility. In the case of Trevor, he has two more years to play. That's been scoffed at, but now potentially, the first domino fell today.

That would be a great decision for the young man, unless he likes money. Never know when the body will go no matter what position you play. Great money for top picks. Really crazy money for stars when the rookie contract expires.

Advertisement
You guys are tripping.. Just stop it. He's definitely coming out. Burrow signed for 4 years and 36.2 Million with all of that guaranteed. NY would Trevor Lawrence the golden boy and he would have every Manhattan company throwing every gift imaginable his way. Gase will be not be there and Douglass is acquiring a lot of draft capital. I think he rolls and Etienne is gone too.

It won't happen, but if it did, Trevor Lawrence will be in the running for one of the most colossally stupid financial decisions on public record. Gee, do I keep playing amateur football and tear my ACL, or do I make $40mil and play in the NFL?

"Herp derp yeah but it's the Jets though."

Good thinking, I don't like money either. Better skip this season, risk ******* up my shoulder, and then play for a different worst team in the NFL a year later.

Last edited:
That’s what I was thinking. Playing for the Jets. Paying an assload of taxes too. It would be a business decision to stay.
True, that's a good point. So if you're Trevor, do you:

1) Come back for 2021 and avoid the controversy?
2) Enter the draft but declare that you will not play for the New York Jets no matter the circumstances?

In terms of taxes, the best thing for him would be to end up in Dallas or Jacksonville.

Advertisement
as Dominque Foxworth said this morning, he needs to go the NFL next year BUT he needs to start talking to the teams and leverage who he is and absolutely negotiate his way out of the Jets. Elway and Eli Manning did it. There is the precedent
Meanwhile, when you look at Dominque Foxworth from the side, he has an uncanny resemblance to an alien.

8658F5FD-2BB8-4812-9639-8BA7A61EF351.jpeg

Advertisement
That’s what I was thinking. Playing for the Jets. Paying an assload of taxes too. It would be a business decision to stay.
Lawrence isn't the only QB that you can win with in this draft, this QB draft class is pretty deep. If I were the Jets, I'd hire Harbaugh, pull off a draft day trade for Lawrence that'll make Mike Ditka & Ricky Williams blush, and draft either Fields or Lance.

Advertisement
Back