Trevor Forever - Lawrence hints at 2021 Clemson season

GojiraCane

All ACC
I've been (somewhat jokingly) calling this for a few weeks now - that Trevor Lawrence and Travis Etienne would come back for Clemson's 2021 season due to frozen eligibility. In the case of Trevor, he has two more years to play. That's been scoffed at, but now potentially, the first domino fell today.

Advertisement
Advertisement
After reading that article, in no way do I believe Lawrence will return to Clemson. IMO, Lawrence comes across as "saying the right things" for the hope of the fans of Clemson. The guy is going to the NFL. Shame on anyone for attempting to talk him out of it. If he doesn't want to play for the Jets, then have his father and his agent begin putting that out there during the time when bowl season would be going on.

I've been (somewhat jokingly) calling this for a few weeks now - that Trevor Lawrence and Travis Etienne would come back for Clemson's 2021 season due to frozen eligibility. In the case of Trevor, he has two more years to play. That's been scoffed at, but now potentially, the first domino fell today.

Negotiations. He doesn't want to be a J-E-T, Jet, Jet, Jet.

9 NFL games left to play. Plenty of time.

Advertisement
After reading that article, in no way do I believe Lawrence will return to Clemson. IMO, Lawrence comes across as "saying the right things" for the hope of the fans of Clemson. The guy is going to the NFL. Shame on anyone for attempting to talk him out of it. If he doesn't want to play for the Jets, then have his father and his agent begin putting that out there during the time when bowl season would be going on.
from a marketing perspective, the opps in nyc for him are insane

Cowboys need a QB. They can trade this year's first (which will probably be a top-5) and a third, plus firsts/thirds in 2022/2023, to NYJ for #1 overall.

Lawrence to Dallas. You heard it here first.

Advertisement
Can be the most confident guy in the world in your own ability and still think nobody can save that sorry franchise

Jets play 5 more games against teams at .500 or lower.

Jags play 2 more winnable games like that. Falcons play 4 more games against .500-or-lower teams.

The Lawrence sweepstakes are not over yet.

Sunshine will go into the draft if he is likely to play in Florida or Georgia.

Cowboys need a QB. They can trade this year's first (which will probably be a top-5) and a third, plus firsts/thirds in 2022/2023, to NYJ for #1 overall.

I would hate that franchise even more than I already do. But seriously to avoid the jets this is a smart move

Advertisement
I'd like to see the rationale explained if Etienne made the decision to come back for a 5th year.

Also, if Trevor refuses to declare, does Justin Fields also come back to Ohio State to avoid the Jets?

The jets say no lol

He could make close or just as much at Clemson, what his 1st year money would be.

With that said, he come back, I’m snitching to the FBI 😂

Advertisement
Back