Trevor Darling

He has, but he never got the benefit of redshirting and getting stronger like we are allowing players to do now. Also, had to play almost every position because of crappy recruiting by golden and kehoe. Young man had offers everywhere but choose to stay home, I respect him for that.
I’m all for blaming Golden for everything but at some point we just have to say these guys weren’t worth the hype

Advertisement
And when you look at spring practice and realize we are still ****ed on the OL it makes it even sadder. We need(ed) a major talent overhaul of that unit which is underway but going to take some time.

Starting with the coach! Searles has to go, followed by Rumph.

Starting with the coach! Searles has to go, followed by Rumph.

lol i know you're trolling but this is dumb af. Rumph singlehandedly took TWO JAGS and turned them into NFL stars in Colbertson and Mike Jackson. Got Corn Elder playing great ball. Turned Malek Young into an ALL ACC type in two years before he was hurt. Turned Bandy into a freshman sensation. Rumph can't recruit for shiznit but if you can turn a bunch of hapless has beens and 3 star projects into prime time starters, you're not going to get fired. lmao.

I’m all for blaming Golden for everything but at some point we just have to say these guys weren’t worth the hype

I hear ya, just would have liked to see how he would have done under a richt regime without all the linemen issues. where he was forced to play out of position.

Both Mc Dermott and Darling were high four star recruits that everyone wanted. Not sure about Darling but I wouldn't be surprised if McDermott doesn't have a career in the league.

Advertisement
And when you look at spring practice and realize we are still ****ed on the OL it makes it even sadder. We need(ed) a major talent overhaul of that unit which is underway but going to take some time.
need improved talent consistently year to year.... we all go ga-ga over skill guys but games are won in the trenches and S&C programs... till we prove that we can dominate or at control hold our own against top notch teams
we will be in second tier...... right below playoff teams

Both Mc Dermott and Darling were high four star recruits that everyone wanted. Not sure about Darling but I wouldn't be surprised if McDermott doesn't have a career in the league.

YOu do know McDermott is the better of the two, right?

Both McDermott and Darling are a bit light downstairs.

You have the lower body and you have no upper body, you got a problem building...wait a minute. You have the upper body, and you have no legs, you got a problem building your legs. You have the upper...you have the lower body and you don't have the upper body, the upper body, it is easier to build. So if you have the lower body and you don't have the upper body, it is easier to build the upper body. You have the upper body and you don't have the legs, you got a problem building the lower body... No, you don't understand. You have the upper body, but you don't have the lower body, you got a problem building downstairs. You got the up- legs on the bottom, it is easier to build on the top, so you don't have much as a problem.

Advertisement
as long as Mcdermott never plays guard he might have a shot in the league. I still get nightmeres thinking about the notre dame game in 2016 where he was literaly being bulldozed into Kaaya by there DT

as long as Mcdermott never plays guard he might have a shot in the league. I still get nightmeres thinking about the notre dame game in 2016 where he was literaly being bulldozed into Kaaya by there DT

Thought that was Linder not McDermott?

Advertisement
I feel bad for guys like him, Tracy Howard and Luther Robinson, guys had so much promise but our program was run like such a cluster just really hurt talents like these young men
Shouldn't he have gotten stronger by his senior year? Guys don't just lift during redshirt years.
Thats what Im saying......its not like they arent getting NFL coaching now. They are what they are and them not improving in the NFL shows they hit there ceilings already

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back